2018 Megane GT 205 issues

explorer14

Hi everyone,

I was planning to purchase a 2018 Megane GT 205 MY17 update from a dealer. 
When I took it for a pre purchase inspection, the mechanic could find few issues when they plugged in the OBD scanner and also found erratic gear changes between 2nd and 3rd. 
Could anyone advise whether I should go ahead as dealer advised that they’ll replace transmission fluid and rectify other issues ? 
Thank you all 

Issues identified: 

Clutch Thermal Protection, Component Or System Overheating

Clutch 2,Component Or System Overheating

Secondary Brake Switch Multiplexed Info, Invalid Signal

Computer Supply Voltage, Circuit Voltage Below Threshold

Computer Power Supply, Circuit Voltage Below Threshold

Invalid Data Received From Adaptive Cruise Control, Internal Component Failure

Invalid UCH Multiplex Signals

Warning Light Circuit Fault, Inconsistency Between The Warning Light Status Transmitted By The Instrument Panel And The Request Made By The Airbag Computer

IMG_7385.png

IMG_7386.png

That might be the issue showing “circuit voltage below threshold”, is that right ? 

Regarding the clutch overheating, will it be due to bad transmission fluid as the mechanic mentioned the transmission oil was very dark in color. 

Edited by explorer14

I'd be wary of that clutch overheat error. The rest are probably from a flat battery and/or being jumpy started, but the clutch one is a concern especially with the rough shift. This will have nothing to do with old fluid, its either a faulty clutch (or release mechanism) or its been abused with too many hard launches. Or more likely, its been driven by someone who treated it like a normal automatic and let it creep in traffic which constantly slips the clutch. 

2-3 shift is engaging the same clutch as the one you take off from a rest with. So I'd be looking hard at the offered warranty - clutch replacements are not cheap. 

• Thanks 1

Really appreciate your response. Thank you 

4 minutes ago, Andersm said:

I'd be wary of that clutch overheat error. The rest are probably from a flat battery and/or being jumpy started, but the clutch one is a concern especially with the rough shift. This will have nothing to do with old fluid, its either a faulty clutch (or release mechanism) or its been abused with too many hard launches. Or more likely, its been driven by someone who treated it like a normal automatic and let it creep in traffic which constantly slips the clutch. 

2-3 shift is engaging the same clutch as the one you take off from a rest with. So I'd be looking hard at the offered warranty - clutch replacements are not cheap.