New And Looking To Purchase An Old Model Clio Sport

josh187

Hey guys im new to this forum and renault's, im looking at purchasing an older model clio sport as a fun run around car, all ive heard is how good these cars are to drive and i would like one for myself, any help in purchasing one or pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated

Thanks guys

Josh

Welcome to the forum.

Do you mean a 172/182? If so, there are some common issues with these cars to be mindful of, though generally not too serious. There's plenty of threads on this here in the newbies section and in the Clio II forum about what to look for.

Having been through his recently I can offer a few words of advice. If it seems too good to be true, it is. A good service history is important. Belts are due every four years or 100,000ks, whichever comes first. Don't let sellers tell you otherwise and factor this into the price if necessary.

Most importantly - be patient and wait for a good one, or have some cash put aside to fix it up.