RS225 Mega F1 Owner

X225F1

Renaultboi, ur a champ urself for loving these cars. One thing you must think of before looking at figures though is lag. It is true that the larger the turbo = more lag. However, there is something that some people use to increase torque vigorously while keeping lag minimal. This is called a compound turbo setup.

I'm estimating an extra 100kw++ at the wheels with this type of setup dependant on the turbo you choose and your tuner. The lil turbo will be spinning at about 18psi and the larger will be at 21psi (a special note for this setup is to utilise ceramic ball bearing turbos as they are more durable). All this requires a bit more squirt bigger FMIC. The only problem you will have with this setup is new tyres... and an lsd however, put your car on the track and you'll holding onto your ball sacks. Lower your car a bit more with stiffer springs and you have a mini supercar. Rip out the back seats and spare tyre give your a car browse through the 400mtrs and tell me how you feel with its launch.

If anyone is looking at how fast they can launch their car from 0 - 100km/h you should try with fast shift change and take off solutions.. I know that in top gear the stig puts the hand brake up rides the clutch and when its time to go puts the handbrake down and dumps the pedal to the metal.

I believe i've managed to get the car in some form of high 5s... I've recorded it on my mobile *its a 3gp file and if anyone would like to see it... i'll email it to you.

I would attach it but you cant as it is over 256kb.

well the way i've been doing is just simple rev at about 2000rpm and dump the clutch and away it goes. I havent tried doing it as per top gear description because I'm not experienced to do that. But I would love to see it work with some1 (Although replacing clutch everynow n then is the expense of attempting the exercise).

Welcome aboard too, renaultboi.

It seems that Chris has a challenger for the Captain Capitals moniker :wink:

Hope you find the site as good a resource as I have.

ive got nothing on that!

Renault boi nice to see some enthusiasm. just make sure you research what you can and hopefully let some of the overseas brethryn cop the initial development costs to give some understanding in what does and doesnt work on the RS's

X225F1

I've been research my A## off but the problem is underneath the bonnet...NO ROOM!!! its really pissing me off i don't understand how Renault built the megane without thinking there's tuners like myself and you that want to modify it...these megane have so much potential there so underrated. At the moment l'm looking for a clio because in about 2months time my megane is going to the work shop to be tuned.

They have to drop the motor and the gearbox together because putting a bigger turbo is near impossible to put with the space there is...so there's no other option but to drop the motor and rebuild it completely Pistons,head,turbo,ecu and gearbox...PRICE TAG= $18k

X225F1

I've been research my A## off but the problem is underneath the bonnet...NO ROOM!!! its really pissing me off i don't understand how Renault built the megane without thinking there's tuners like myself and you that want to modify it...these megane have so much potential there so underrated. At the moment l'm looking for a clio because in about 2months time my megane is going to the work shop to be tuned.

They have to drop the motor and the gearbox together because putting a bigger turbo is near impossible to put with the space there is...so there's no other option but to drop the motor and rebuild it completely Pistons,head,turbo,ecu and gearbox...PRICE TAG= $18k

is this actually going to happen or just trolling?

Hats off to you if its the former!

umm...deja vue and Ahmed anyone?

geez renaultboi if you have the money your heading the right way and spending it on the meg!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm just hoping for this pay rise and I wont tell my parents or the mrs about it and secretly save it up in an account called Rrrrralph!!

But if I was you... start with the choice of a tuner. no matter how much tech specs u throw underneath that bonnet - without a knowledgable/experienced tuner... its not gonna get the hp or curve that you want to see. If you need help the boys from ozrenaultsport and myself are happy to lend a hand.

The 18K price tag isnt mostly about the parts its the F*#king Labour...there taking the whole motor out of the car which is abit painful especially for a first time...the boys at queen street performance which are located in Sydney there the best tuners and most experienced in Sydney that's why I'm taking it there...l've been saving up for this for the past 3 years and finally its coming i can't wait..l'll be posting photos aswell to keep all the meg fans happy and hopfully get all the lebs off there feet and realize that its not just WRX and 200's that rule the street...I'm Lebanese myself with mates that have hotted up wrx's 200sx and even a Gtr r34 its really really boring..its always JAP after JAP after JAP, I think the street needs a new approach...I AM A STREET RACER and l'm not afraid to admit it. thats why i want to put the right stuff in my car to flog the rice burners =]

I AM A STREET RACER and l'm not afraid to admit it.

I would have several choice things to say were I not a moderator here, and none of them are complimentary.

The street is not the right place to explore the performance of a vehicle. End of story. Get yourself a CAMS or ASAA licence and play where it's appropriate.

^+1 to the point where it brings the whole siite down especially if you do get clocked at 200 kp/h + with na OZRS sticker on the back.

RE Queen St, i know they do alot of work on rotaries (they have the BARB* plated cars?)

Why dont you jump onto Meganesport.net nad see what they do over there?

RASMAN or simialr in south africa has done some pretty serious development work on his meggy.

I can just see you dropping thousands that you dont need to because they dont know the intracies of the internal stucture of the meggy block or fitting a bigger turbo only to find that the oil return lines wont quite fit around the side....

dont reinvent the wheel if you dont have to IMO

renaultboi is gonna be the next "leyyyyykoooooooooooo" or "shu hayda!!!!" hahaha. Lek I wish you all the best champs. However, just make sure that you drive responsibly because you dont want to lose your license. Thats the last thing. The car was produced for track form, so if you do all that take it for a spin on a track i'll be happy to bring my car along so you can compare your car to a stock performance megane F1. I know i shouldnt be saying this but i guess everyone does this these days.. if your at the lights and you see a HSV maloo revving next to u.. give it a squirt :wink:.