links for your french car

meganemanic

good Q . there is alot of stuff you can buy from europe ,cause the car comes from there,but when it comes to getting the parts put on you just about come to a dead end,I would say you get the yellow pages out first and start asking q's,and if you find someone that can do it for you then buy the parts get them on,see if it works then tell everyone else,in other words you are the muel ! :wink:

what about...

http://www.greydevilindustries.com/

or http://www.mbcarperformance.com/catalog ... anguage=en

These guys have a great turbo kit, I reckon someone down here will get it within a year....

what about...

http://www.greydevilindustries.com/

or http://www.mbcarperformance.com/catalog ... anguage=en

These guys have a great turbo kit, I reckon someone down here will get it within a year....

E-mailed the Mb guys for a price on the trubo kit for interest's sake. I like the design as you don't crack open the engine (I think?) for all that extra expense. Yes I know...if you hammer the car etc but I am a soft-core driver. My old Fuego didn't mind 10 yrs of 7 psi at all. Even the clutch.

Nice to pretend :)

From Mbcarperformance fellas...not a bad price...still have to work out the conversions tho...prob 12 G's before fitting I spose?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Jamie,

Thank you for your interest. I'm driving the car now for 5000 mls and it runs fenomonal....................:)

I have registered on the site and i am waiting for approval.

The kit is going to cost between 3500,- and 4000,- euro included 19% tax. To Australia it will be - 19%.

All the parts for completing the turbokit will be with it so no fuss to get parts somewhere at home: plug and play.

Parts that will be included:

Exhaust manifold

Turbocharger

Downpipe

Oilfeed and oil drain

Airfilter + piping

Intercooler + piping

Dumpvalve

Sparkplugs

Oneway valves

Advanced Knock controller (seperate ECU to prevent Knocking) ECU reflash Fuel injector New fuelrail and so on..........

If you have more questions please let me know.

Kind regards,

Maurice

MB Car Performance

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems a lot cheaper than other kits I have seen.

because they do not have pistons with a lower compression ratio or stronger valve springs... blow up the engine with anythin more than 4-5psi, was looking into it with the corrolla supercharger... minor boost (good gains but not nearly as much as what it could be).

Mind you being they are automotive engineers with a lot of experience one would assume they would know more than you or me as to what will work and what will not? Renault make strong motors as they are so perhaps they are within the engineering tolerances and the design is good? I did have an old Fuego that put up with a lot at abuse one could say and the engine remained good up to 275,000 k's when sold. It was the turbo's that eventually failed re oil seals.

I rekon they are on the money, low boost design. Keeping the car's general dynamices and not over doing it.

Edit - also very cheap...Could be as low as $5000 delivered...then money to install and tune. A lot cheaper than the UK versions...but they do pistons, clutch, fuel pump.. etc however less than half price

Prob also get very hot under the bonnet here in Aust

basically the turbo upgrade from k-teck is an engine rebuild with a lot of stuff... doing the job properly the first time round but yes, the other will work but im just not sure for how long... it is always tempting 'for just that little bit more boost', trust me Iv been there.

I dont know how strong the f4r is but considering how tempremental these cars are im not sure if i could trust myself with a turbo and the stock setup... at least put in a thicker head gasket (lower the compression a lil bit).

The fuego was an older car with greater tolerances, less was known of the forces acting on the engine (hence more concervative engineering, i.e, throw more metal in it to distribute the stresses). These days things are designed better (finite analysis software is a big help) so more accurate stresses can be found... therefore less conservative engineering needed (they can minimise the materials used).

basically the turbo upgrade from k-teck is an engine rebuild with a lot of stuff... doing the job properly the first time round but yes, the other will work but im just not sure for how long... it is always tempting 'for just that little bit more boost', trust me Iv been there.

I dont know how strong the f4r is but considering how tempremental these cars are im not sure if i could trust myself with a turbo and the stock setup... at least put in a thicker head gasket (lower the compression a lil bit).

The fuego was an older car with greater tolerances, less was known of the forces acting on the engine (hence more concervative engineering, i.e, throw more metal in it to distribute the stresses). These days things are designed better (finite analysis software is a big help) so more accurate stresses can be found... therefore less conservative engineering needed (they can minimise the materials used).

All true there Z32. If I had money to burn I would likely take a punt on the low boost style kit. I've been racking my brain to try remember any f4r engine failures that have not been due to failure to meet correct maint schedules, incorrect maint actions or just anything else but can't. Seems most / all major issues tie back to the operator of the vehicle. I think with any alteration to an already well designed (yes slapped together) car is asking for trouble. It's a tough call when / if money is tight! :mrgreen:

The F4r is already running 11.2:1 compression. There's no way you can boost the motor without decompressing it and expect any sort of reliability.

Bang on a turbo (or a supercharger) without new low-comp pistons etc and it'll blow up.

What are you after Mr T? If you want a quarter-miler, buy a Torana.

If you want to go fast point to point the RSC already has enough grunt, it's actually the handling mods that let the car go faster.