I want more power😄!! Clio RS 200

RS_clio

Hello, my RS lovers.

Here's a bit of an intro,

I'm back in another clio, this time it's a RS 200 sport 2014. I bought it 4 years ago as a daily after my DSG in a Passat CC decided to do what most of them do(dig a big hole in your pocket). Unfortunately I didn't get to enjoy it much as Perth doesn't really have any Clio friendly roads and I had to part ways with it due to a 'slight disagreement'(divorce) with the wife. Long story short, I have my baby back! It's been 3 years but worth the wait.

I previously owned a 172 rs , sold it roughly 12 years ago and I've missed it every day since. It put a smile on my face and a bit of poop in the passenger's  pants every time I took it for a drive on some of those twisties, Old Pacific HWY, Royal National Park  etc. 

Now, my question is.What's the first step to more power without breaking the bank and where in Sydney do I get it done? I appreciate your help..

Cheers 

• Like 1

The most effective way to more power with these is a tune.  A few of us recently had a tune done by Paul from RS Tuning when he was out here in August.  What that showed is a completely stock car gained about 25kw at the wheels just with a tune, whereas all of the bolt-ons together may give about 10kw.  The bolt-ons will cost about 4 times the price of the tune, and although they don't contribute as much to the power increase, they do provide the nice sounds and perhaps some less tangible benefits like cooler intake temps, quicker recovery from heat soak, less prone to break (in the case of the inlet pipe).  Check out the thread "Crackle Maps" and the last few pages from the "Rstuning visit 2020" threads for more info and actual results of the tune, including who had what mods.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Incrediblybad said:

Who does tuning on 172s now? 

.... asking for a friend 😄

Tell your friend (from me) it ain't great value for money, around a grand for a negligible power increase and some driveability improvement (maybe?), might be a bargain to some, but just don't see the value personally.

Take out some weight, add some stickier tyres......intake/exhaust for added theatre and fun sounds.

• Like 2

Thanks for the info above,I'm excited!

So excited that I took a drive to Liverpool Exhaust to get the first mod. Resonator delete done! Pops and crackles sound really good in sport and race mode, nice and quiet in normal mode. I'm impressed. 

Next on the list , I'm thinking inlet pipe and a cold air intake. Is there any local ,readily available parts. It seems that alot of RS stuff comes from UK with loads of waiting and quite expensive.

Please excuse my ignorance,   RS tuner is a module you buy , someone writes a tune specific to the mods on the car you plug it in and load it to the ECU.

Or can I take it to a local Dyno and get it all done there.?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, RS_clio said:

Thanks for the info above,I'm excited!

So excited that I took a drive to Liverpool Exhaust to get the first mod. Resonator delete done! Pops and crackles sound really good in sport and race mode, nice and quiet in normal mode. I'm impressed. 

Next on the list , I'm thinking inlet pipe and a cold air intake. Is there any local ,readily available parts. It seems that alot of RS stuff comes from UK with loads of waiting and quite expensive.

Please excuse my ignorance,   RS tuner is a module you buy , someone writes a tune specific to the mods on the car you plug it in and load it to the ECU.

Or can I take it to a local Dyno and get it all done there.?

That was my first mod too. Ended up going the full Monty with a Supersprint cat back exhaust system 😉

6 hours ago, Matt205 said:

Tell your friend (from me) it ain't great value for money, around a grand for a negligible power increase and some driveability improvement (maybe?), might be a bargain to some, but just don't see the value personally.

Take out some weight, add some stickier tyres......intake/exhaust for added theatre and fun sounds.

^^^^^^ and do an advanced driving course and learn to drive it !!!

• Haha 1

On 05/10/2022 at 11:25 AM, RS_clio said:

Hello, my RS lovers.

Here's a bit of an intro,

I'm back in another clio, this time it's a RS 200 sport 2014. I bought it 4 years ago as a daily after my DSG in a Passat CC decided to do what most of them do(dig a big hole in your pocket). Unfortunately I didn't get to enjoy it much as Perth doesn't really have any Clio friendly roads and I had to part ways with it due to a 'slight disagreement'(divorce) with the wife. Long story short, I have my baby back! It's been 3 years but worth the wait.

I previously owned a 172 rs , sold it roughly 12 years ago and I've missed it every day since. It put a smile on my face and a bit of poop in the passenger's  pants every time I took it for a drive on some of those twisties, Old Pacific HWY, Royal National Park  etc. 

Now, my question is.What's the first step to more power without breaking the bank and where in Sydney do I get it done? I appreciate your help..

Cheers 

When you have time, go visit Renotech in Hornsby, they are well known in the modified Renault scene. Talk to Greg, tell him James sent you, he finishes ~2pm. Also Koya works who has done many serious custom builds, and he has off-the-shelf Renault mods.

14 hours ago, ravnj023 said:

When you have time, go visit Renotech in Hornsby, they are well known in the modified Renault scene. Talk to Greg, tell him James sent you, he finishes ~2pm. Also Koya works who has done many serious custom builds, and he has off-the-shelf Renault mods.

Will do, thanks for the info 👍 😀