How long did you have to wait to find the perfect RS?

mattsmadmini

I personally know of at least 2 ppl looking for a 172/182, and another 2 looking for a Clio III 200.

May be partly my influence, either way, there's plenty of buyers out there at the mo!

You are either going to have to be quick and just pay/buy whatever right now, or be prepared to wait some time and hope normality comes back.

• Like 1

Speaking from the other side, my son sold his 182 Cup last night that he had advertised for $7500 and he was getting low ball offers of $5, 5.5 & 6K. A fair few buyers out there think they can low ball at present, dreamers.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, and I hope these higher prices stay a little longer as I’ve got my 175 at Greys that should be listed Monday and my 200 got towed away today and should be listed Monday week at Pickles. 
So keep the money rolling.

i was lucky that while laying at home in bed with a busted collar bone, from writing off my first RS, my dream 8:08 in LY and the # was the year of my birth came up for sale. didn't stuff around and didn't haggle on price. probably overpaid by a couple of grand. But she is mine now and not going anywhere.

I am hoping prices stay up, moving my Daihatsu soon if anyone is interested in a Copen, let me know :) 

• Like 2

On 26/02/2021 at 4:16 PM, 63x1092 said:

Speaking from the other side, my son sold his 182 Cup last night that he had advertised for $7500 and he was getting low ball offers of $5, 5.5 & 6K. A fair few buyers out there think they can low ball at present, dreamers.

Congrats mate, just saw this. Hopefully the new owner enjoys it longer than we did (including the owner between us)

I spent a few months looking for one, committed to one interstate, flew down, drove home, had it sit in my garage for another 2 months waiting for money to blueslip, insure and register it, went through a few loops to get it registered in nsw and within a month it was rear ended and written off. 

A bit later I used the payout to buy my current liquid yellow which I found in a single weekend search lol. 

On 02/03/2021 at 2:28 PM, rentaspace said:

I spent a few months looking for one, committed to one interstate, flew down, drove home, had it sit in my garage for another 2 months waiting for money to blueslip, insure and register it, went through a few loops to get it registered in nsw and within a month it was rear ended and written off. 

A bit later I used the payout to buy my current liquid yellow which I found in a single weekend search lol. 

Sounds like you had some unfortunate luck but good to hear you sorted another car quickly. :)