Interested in a Megane RS

Mintee

On 30/12/2020 at 8:10 AM, Mintee said:

I think everyone makes clear valid and fair arguments. Simply put I need to go drive one. 

I did want to only spent as close to 50k as possible ngl. I'll just wait for the new year. 

Appreciate everyone's feedback and point of views. 

Hi, I recently traded  in my  2018 built  Orange Tonic  EDC Megane RS. I was told that it was going to Melbourne( don't know where to). If a 2018 Megane comes up on the second hand market with about 5,100 klms. I suggest you grab it!
It was only driven by me, NO modifications and serviced on time( the last service was completed in Nov'20. I had absolutely no problems with the car.

• Like 1

On 01/01/2021 at 12:09 PM, timetaker said:

Hi, I recently traded  in my  2018 built  Orange Tonic  EDC Megane RS. I was told that it was going to Melbourne( don't know where to). If a 2018 Megane comes up on the second hand market with about 5,100 klms. I suggest you grab it!
It was only driven by me, NO modifications and serviced on time( the last service was completed in Nov'20. I had absolutely no problems with the car.

Why'd you get rid of it and what did you trade to?

11 hours ago, Mintee said:

Why'd you get rid of it and what did you trade to?

I traded it in for a MB 2020 AMG A35. I never had any trouble with the RS but I did want to get back into an AWD. Not to cause to much controversy, the axle tramp was beginning to annoy me.
I would still recommend the Renault RS to anyone who would ask about it. It was a more comfortable ride than my M140i.It gave me more confidence in the twisties than my previous Golf R MKVII etc..

I did consider the MK8 Golf R although it is much improved according to preliminary reviews, it was a case of been there, done that. I've never had a Merc. before so I decided to look at the AMG A35.

The small gap between the tyres and wheel arches gives the A35 a hunkered down look and the overall design looks tight in my opinion. 

I'll leave it there for now, I may do a short comparison later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, timetaker said:

I traded it in for a MB 2020 AMG A35. I never had any trouble with the RS but I did want to get back into an AWD. Not to cause to much controversy, the axle tramp was beginning to annoy me.
I would still recommend the Renault RS to anyone who would ask about it. It was a more comfortable ride than my M140i.It gave me more confidence in the twisties than my previous Golf R MKVII etc..

I did consider the MK8 Golf R although it is much improved according to preliminary reviews, it was a case of been there, done that. I've never had a Merc. before so I decided to look at the AMG A35.

The small gap between the tyres and wheel arches gives the A35 a hunkered down look and the overall design looks tight in my opinion. 

I'll leave it there for now, I may do a short comparison later.

Shoulda changed tyres 😎

Those of us with 280s have complained long and loud about the original S001s - they’re crap. I changed to Michelin PS4S and the difference was night and day. No more axle tramp!

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, speedfiend41 said:

Shoulda changed tyres 😎

Those of us with 280s have complained long and loud about the original S001s - they’re crap. I changed to Michelin PS4S and the difference was night and day. No more axle tramp!

Yeah, I thought about changing tyres but you cannot get rid of axle tramp in it's entirety, especially if the road is damp.

14 hours ago, Kev said:

The Renault Oz website is not showing the Trophy as a 2021 model?

Mustn't be coming to Oz.

The Renault Oz site hasn't updated to 2021 models. It currently lists sport and cup, as that's all they have to offer until 2021 models start arriving. 

Trophy not listed - I thought they came in limited numbers and were all sold

On 01/01/2021 at 11:39 AM, timetaker said:

Just seen AD on Carsales, asking just under $43, making much on your trade?. No interior shots, is it cloth or Alcantara and what sound system?

Just wondering if anyone has purchased a new/demo Sport EDC recently? Really keen on purchasing but just wondering what prices people have paid recently? Or what would you expect to pay?

will the upcoming release of the 21 model drop prices or will they hold because of low stock levels? 

11 minutes ago, Dexter92 said:

Just wondering if anyone has purchased a new/demo Sport EDC recently? Really keen on purchasing but just wondering what prices people have paid recently? Or what would you expect to pay?

will the upcoming release of the 21 model drop prices or will they hold because of low stock levels? 

Good luck finding any stock

On 03/01/2021 at 8:02 PM, Mr2pod said:

The Renault Oz site hasn't updated to 2021 models. It currently lists sport and cup, as that's all they have to offer until 2021 models start arriving. 

Trophy not listed - I thought they came in limited numbers and were all sold

2021 will only see 1 RS Megane model come to OZ. That will be the Trophy in either manual or EDC. There will be the option of a Performance Pack which will add the Fuji wheels and also Recaro seats.

There will no longer be a Sport or Cup available to us.

2 hours ago, Mintee said:

Such a huge opportunity Renault has missed. In comparison to the competition. Ah well... Might need to take this off the shopping list 

Go find a decent secondhand one now. They came with a five year warranty - you’d still have a few years left...

3 hours ago, matt9999 said:

Am unsure how we are getting the choice of EDC or manual when O/S is EDC only. Am further spitting those Recaros were not available when I got mine.

I can guarantee Australia will have the choice of manual or EDC.

And I feel the same pain about the Recaro's mate. Our 250 Trophee had them and they are the best seat ever. 

6 hours ago, Dexter92 said:

Picked up an EDC Sport today from Waverly Renault.  Great to deal with from my experience. They still have 1 Cup left 

What colour did you pick up as I saw they had a LY listed, what colour is the Cup (EDC or Man)

Edited by grover61
Additional information

5 hours ago, grover61 said:

What colour did you pick up as I saw they had a LY listed, what colour is the Cup (EDC or Man)

That's the one, I got the liquid yellow Sport they had listed. 

The Cup is LY as well, not entirely sure what transmission it is though.

3 hours ago, grover61 said:

May i ask did you get much reduction on price 😁😁

Dropped a couple thousand which I thought was decent considering the advertised price was already lower than the current deal.  But also got a decent price for my trade in.