Jump to content

Interstate car transport


Recommended Posts

Car transport Express, a mate used them and he put me onto them so I’ve used them a few times and they’ve been well priced for a going complete car not so good when they quoted a damaged car Perth to Melb. My local towies have always got mates who are cheaper but I’ve never followed up on those contacts yet.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jayz said:

Broady Express is the only company I would use!

true car enthusiasts who are excellent to deal with in my experience!

Broady drives a cool truck As well lol 

👍

Yep everyone says he's the man for the job! I've been hanging out to get a quote from him 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have done both CEVA and Door to Door Car Carrying (also subcontracts to CEVA). 

I find CEVA is the best and also has the lowest ground clearance restrictions compared to the other mobs. 

CEVA also pretty much always has 10% off, which generally beats all competitors.

Try the CEVAGET10 coupon code at checkout. (I think that's the code).

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

For those interested:

- Broadyexpress isnt accepting any more work as a new baby is on the way (congrats to him!) 

- Prixcar have come in at $660 door to door

- Canberra Carways are nearly $900 door to door 

- Ceva is $980 door to door (without 10% off)

- Car transport Express is $640 depot to depot ($110 extra to have it depot to my address)

- Get My Ride is $1000 door to door

 

Essentially, its $800 to 1K excluding Prixcar slashing the competition... 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

Well I can tell you that my experience with Prixcar has been crap.

Not only did my car turn up missing the fuel flap they stuffed me around and had me send them copies of all the details they already had (delivery dockets, VIN number, photos etc.) and then said they have rejected my claim based on their terms and conditions.

Initial phone call they told me they were liable but have now decided they are not responsible.

Even if your car his hit by flying debris while in transport they take no responsibility.

They also charged me for a door to door service yet then said they couldn't get to my street and had me meet the truck driver on the side of the road to collect the car.

I wouldn't recommend them to anyone, there's a reason they're cheap!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JCO said:

Well I can tell you that my experience with Prixcar has been crap.

 

I'd go over the terms and conditions again to see if they are liable. I'd be surprised if they are not liable for a lost fuel cap.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, this is just a tactic to get you to p!ss off. What is the full cost for remediation of the damage? Set up a statement of claim with whatever consumer tribunal handles this stuff in your state, send them a copy before you lodge. Generally, but not always, they’ll pay up to avoid the hassle.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Prixcar quoted a longer delivery time and then notified me the evening prior to delivery it was coming earlier.. (Fortunately I wasn't working that day otherwise...?)

Don't quote me but I remember when reading their terms and conditions: 

- Once the car is signed over on delivery you're essentially left with it (how you negotiate that I don't know)

- Any markings not visible from 1m away isnt up for discussion (Bit rough considering my car came with a lot of bugs on it and makes checking for small imperfections difficult)

For what I paid ($660 ACT - ADL) I was mostly satisfied with the service. For a daily car I'd say use them but for a pride and joy,  Brodyexpress or alike would definitely be my pick 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's an interesting one. I am potentially selling a car to a WA buyer. We were both surprised at the difference in costs. 

Perth>Adelaide  = $400-600

Adelaide>Perth = $790-1200

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

CEVA CEVA CEVA Oi Oi Oi . Always . Prix car not as good - their sydney outer west depots are close by and the CEVA pickup is always better 

SWMBO got her mini roadster via an online broker who was cheaper and it was a disaster . Some backyard operator who took nearly three weeks from Melbourne to sydney and no response to enquiry until I called and said I’d be at their depot  at Wollongong the next morning  to pick it up and forget the home delivery -  mysteriously we got a call that it would be home delivered the next day . Clearly they didn’t want any refund our way 

we use CEVA for targa interstate as well and they’re reliable and well organised . 
 

Door to door is always a fair bit more as involves double handling both ends - try deport to deport - cheaper and less people handling your car 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Perth>Adelaide  = $400-600

Adelaide>Perth = $790-1200

Maybe the difference is a result of traffic direction being skewed by border closures.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Or perhaps that less cars go west so may not be fully loaded where as coming east they are always maxed out

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Might be of interest for some - I had our Phase I transported from Sydney to Brisbane on Monday. Was a door to door service, was picked up in the morning and arrived at night. Trailer was amazing and was allowed to put in a few things which was great as we are moving. Cost was very fair at $880 including insurance.

135856120_406054930628192_5382069019398762604_n.jpg

136960745_874060396700555_2958590503467715409_n.jpg

136652580_2756812367907361_7689124266607049974_n.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/01/2021 at 1:04 PM, 63x1092 said:

Or perhaps that less cars go west so may not be fully loaded where as coming east they are always maxed out

I would have expected it to be cheaper heading west if there is less demand for space, and more expensive heading east with more demand :news:

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SamR said:

I would have expected it to be cheaper heading west if there is less demand for space, and more expensive heading east with more demand :news:

Not when you can fill the truck coming east against an empty truck going west where you pay extra for the empty spots.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/01/2021 at 4:24 PM, 63x1092 said:

Not when you can fill the truck coming east against an empty truck going west where you pay extra for the empty spots.

But wouldn't you rather have the truck carrying cargo on the way back west instead of driving back empty?
I guess it depends on where the company/truck is based.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

My 2011 Porsche Cayman 2.9L Manual arrived in the mail. My 24th Car in 10 years of having a licence.  

I ended up using the dealers preferred transport team to try something different. 

They used "SMB Australia Car Transport". The car arrived with zero damage (only had some bug splatter, lots of dust and a had some muddy water residue on the bonnet  - not oil). 

With SMB you do have to track the car via email or phone call for updates. Their live chat didn't give any responses. 

The car did arrive 2 days late. Apparently they put the wrong Porsche on the truck originally.

 

Cost: $650 Door to Door - NSW (Castle Hill)>SA (Adelaide Southern Suburbs). Delivery took 2 weeks. 

I ended up picking it up at their yard on a Friday arvo anyway, I didn't want to wait for a Monday delivery. So it would have been technically been $570 Door>Depot. 

During hand-over they also didn't ask for my ID or anything when I picked up the car, I just signed away and drove out. 

 

Honestly I would probably stick to CEVA for a couple hundred more if you can get the 10% off. The CEVA Car Tracking is better and their trucks are more enclosed I believe. 

But if you wanted to transport something a bit cheaper. I would recommend them. 

 

PS: I will have to update my profile picture.

20210122_200409_resized.jpg

20210122_203605_resized.jpg

20210123_000507_resized.jpg

Edited by zarnow
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, zarnow said:

My 2011 Porsche Cayman 2.9L Manual arrived in the mail. My 24th Car in 10 years of having a licence.  

I ended up using the dealers preferred transport team to try something different. 

They used "SMB Australia Car Transport". The car arrived with zero damage (only had some bug splatter, lots of dust and a had some muddy water residue on the bonnet  - not oil). 

With SMB you do have to track the car via email or phone call for updates. Their live chat didn't give any responses. 

The car did arrive 2 days late. Apparently they put the wrong Porsche on the truck originally.

 

Cost: $650 Door to Door - NSW (Castle Hill)>SA (Adelaide Southern Suburbs). Delivery took 2 weeks. 

I ended up picking it up at their yard on a Friday arvo anyway, I didn't want to wait for a Monday delivery. So it would have been technically been $570 Door>Depot. 

During hand-over they also didn't ask for my ID or anything when I picked up the car, I just signed away and drove out. 

 

Honestly I would probably stick to CEVA for a couple hundred more if you can get the 10% off. The CEVA Car Tracking is better and their trucks are more enclosed I believe. 

But if you wanted to transport something a bit cheaper. I would recommend them. 

 

PS: I will have to update my profile picture.

20210122_200409_resized.jpg

20210122_203605_resized.jpg

20210123_000507_resized.jpg

More pic of the 370?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, woot woot said:

More pic of the 370?

Here you are sir. Its my fiances. Its a good GT car. Automatic unfortunately. But its Invidia Exhaust sounds great and was a well needed upgrade over the super quiet stock exhaust.

I would love to see how the manual feels.

It was a good pickup for $14500 with 160000kms on it.

received_527017438201552.jpeg

received_409526860123382.jpeg

received_1451677641844650.jpeg

20200315_190626.jpg

20200315_190045.jpg

Edited by zarnow
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose ive never shared what car I bought over from the ACT 😂

2012 Liquid Yellow Megane Trophy 8:08. Number 65 of 100.

Its an absolute hoot to drive! It will definitely be a favourite of mine as time goes on.

20201001_112756.jpg

20201029_222706.jpg

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done!  One of the best spec and definitely the best colour ever!  Any more details on the car?  She looks amazing in the photos (such that we can tell).

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/02/2021 at 2:39 PM, No152 said:

Well done!  One of the best spec and definitely the best colour ever!  Any more details on the car?  She looks amazing in the photos (such that we can tell).

Thanks mate! Its absolutely perfect. I bought it with Approx 35,000kms on it in October. Only 'modification' is the resonator chop. 

Looking to get it detailed and ceramic coated in the near future 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 13/01/2021 at 1:00 PM, Urusai said:

Might be of interest for some - I had our Phase I transported from Sydney to Brisbane on Monday. Was a door to door service, was picked up in the morning and arrived at night. Trailer was amazing and was allowed to put in a few things which was great as we are moving. Cost was very fair at $880 including insurance.

Which transport company was this?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/03/2021 at 4:47 PM, Renuckle said:

Which transport company was this?

 

On 22/03/2021 at 4:47 PM, Renuckle said:

Which transport company was this?

Hey mate - was Prestige in Sydney info@prestige-cartransport.com.au

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

No probs mate - was very happy with their service. They are a small outfit but got the job done, picked it up in the morning and delivered to Brisbane the next morning... they were aiming to get there that night and didn't manage... had to cal them to find out where it's at but came back to me very quickly. All up would recommend and thought was good value.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Bit of a plug for Get my Ride as well. I have known Jo for over 15 years, he is a true car nut and treats every vehicle like it is his own.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Urusai said:

No probs mate - was very happy with their service. They are a small outfit but got the job done, picked it up in the morning and delivered to Brisbane the next morning... they were aiming to get there that night and didn't manage... had to cal them to find out where it's at but came back to me very quickly. All up would recommend and thought was good value.

 

Can't beat a word of mouth recommendation. Cheers.
Seems like they are they related to https://racemycar.com.au/.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, nelpd96 said:

Bit of a plug for Get my Ride as well. I have known Jo for over 15 years, he is a true car nut and treats every vehicle like it is his own.

Good to know. Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...