DM265RS

Inner door handle snapped Mégane rs265

Hi guys 

had a great day at the barbecue today, until I tried to close my door and my inner door handle just snapped right off .😤I read that the entire door card needs replacing at something like $950 plus labour. I will look in to this in more detail tomorrow , but has anyone had this problem and if so what is best fix.

Any advise is appreciated.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, DM265RS said:

Hi guys 

had a great day at the barbecue today, until I tried to close my door and my inner door handle just snapped right off .😤I read that the entire door card needs replacing at something like $950 plus labour. I will look in to this in more detail tomorrow , but has anyone had this problem and if so what is best fix.

Any advise is appreciated.

Its a common problem with megane 3. Cheap build quality and heavy door makes them break easily.. Start closing the door from above the window jam. I close every car door like this regardless if its a Megane out of habit lol..

Edited by RedMistVIP

There is a thread on how to repair, if you're handy, in the Megane III Technical section (with pictures and DIY) that may be of use. The only other thing you could try, other than using a dealer, is getting a part from a wrecker that does Renault. Hope  you get it sorted without too much cost. Let us know how you go.

9 hours ago, RedMistVIP said:

Its a common problem with megane 3. Cheap build quality and heavy door makes them break easily.. Start closing the door from above the window jam. I close every car door like this regardless if its a Megane out of habit lol..

9 hours ago, cairnsy said:

There is a thread on how to repair, if you're handy, in the Megane III Technical section (with pictures and DIY) that may be of use. The only other thing you could try, other than using a dealer, is getting a part from a wrecker that does Renault. Hope  you get it sorted without too much cost. Let us know how you go.

I hear ya 

Just now, DM265RS said:

I will  check it out and start closing door from Another point 😂

My black RS did this twice- I fixed with a 8mm drill bit, and then a 8mm bolt, some washes and locktite nut.  Took me an hour all up. Just drilled and bolted bottom "hole/tab" and was faultless since

Hi Guys

I had a Quote  from

Renault for a new door card at $1350 10 week wait plus labour!🤨Decided to have a go myself and sorted it stronger than original in 45 minutes . I used some washers and new bolts and hate to admit it , one zip tie! The door card itself is very strong so I drilled a tiny set of holes in it and zip tied the upper right side of the handle where it was all broken . Everything is neat and handle cover fits on top. Good as new and saved $1350.

7A080FF3-B1ED-4AA6-84C9-642E64242F09.jpeg

F5099834-C155-4FD0-B101-B5D53BCE3B61.jpeg

9324A392-AE5C-495E-9F3E-5C291247BCDA.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1