• Yahoo! Oz_Clio_Sport member when this site began
    • Yahoo! Oz_Clio_Sport member after this site began
    • Received an invitation/card from another member
    • Received an invitation/card from a dealer/other
    • Search engine result
    • saw a reference in a magazine/publication
    • recommended by a friend
    • other (please specify below...)

When I was researching my next car purchase I stumbled upon the link from the australian renault site like several of the others here.

Time for a bump on this one - we've had lots of new members since June last year, so how did you find us?

Looking for my first car about a year and a half ago, was looking at a4 quattros = gutless, dad said any Renaults, found Clio sport, did research = amazed! Drove a terrible example with terrible history = still astonished! by how much fun it was!

Did research on net found this forum on google, joined later bought my first renaultsport Clio, perfect example!

(didn't know this thread existed)

Matt from CA told me about U guys when we got the RS250 last week. Awesome car and forum. Melbourne bunch sound really good.

When I went in to buy my RS250 and met Joey (FIR-26T) for the first time, he asked me if I was a member here. After I had completed settlement for finance I had to wait a couple of days to pick up my 250. I don't handle waiting for exciting new toys very well - I get way too excited :hyper:

With some idle time and my over excitement I knew I had to be around other enthusiasts as my friends, family and workmates would surely get sick of me / jealous of me wanting to talk about the 250 all the time :lol:

I have had my car since December and looked at that time for a forum but this one did not appear on my search. I tried again recently and used a more definitive request with great luck.

So happy to be here now. Great forum!

For all you nostalgic types, here's the Beginning of my whole RenaultSport coming of age. It's a fascinating read :)

Griff had owned his RSC for 3 months, Swish and Hash were still around frequently, Alex (walkie) hadn't found Amelie yet, and Teki had replied to his own thread over 50 times :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4070

Gee, I've come a long way since joining way back in 06' As a wide eyed kid who didn't have an RS vehicle and who said lol a lot... :lol:

Every time I look into a car I'll browse through forums. First hand user experience is the best indicator of what cars are really like. So I guess google would be my answer.

A while back now ... but Daniel G referred to OZRS in a post he made on CS.net ... I came to have a look form there. :)

I read an article in 'Evo Australia' about an engine upgrade to 268 kW for RS 250, 265 & 275's by K-Tech Racing in Dorset England and I wanted information about the package (essentially an upgraded turbo, exhaust and engine mapping) including where in Australia I could get advice and a mechanic to fit it. K-Tech suggested OZRS.

• Like 2

Clio sport UK

Almost the same as the answer you gave 3 posts up back in 2013 :news::wink:

• Like 1

Almost the same as the answer you gave 3 posts up back in 2013 :news::wink:

It's an age thing...

Wow... only feels like yesterday that I collected the car! That's probably an age thing too.

• Like 2

Previous owner of my car (the bloke who had it for 2 weeks) posted on here about how he was gonna fix it all up and make it good again.... I somehow found it when i saw the gumtree ad (he linked the website) and the rest is history. Had the car just over a year now (13 months) and couldn't have fixed the little clio without the help of everyone on here. A big thankyou to this awesome community and the people who run it! :)

• Like 2

It's an age thing...

Wow... only feels like yesterday that I collected the car! That's probably an age thing too.

It's an unknown fact, related to a shortcoming of Einstein's Theory of Relativity. The older you get, the faster time passes. At least, that's what's happening to me. ????????

• Like 2