Delivery kilometer

Hrs

59 minutes ago, Hrs said:

According to the dealer, my car is transfer from victoria and it got 80km on it😞

Suspecting it was a demo...

If it was a demo it would have a record of the registration of the vehicle by the dealer in the papers for the car. If you are the first owner in the papers (normally pasted in the front of the ownership/warranty book) then not a demo.

It is possible they may have allowed someone to drive it on dealer plates between when it arrived and when you took delivery (i have been to dealers that allow this) which may explain a few extra kms. But not a demo car as such probably.

• Like 1

My Clio had 70 on it - they claimed it was because it was in a holding yard across town, but I reckon they lied and it was used for test drives. The Alfa had 20 on it.

Doesn't have to have been registered - I've test driven new cars with trade plates on, and I bet they were sold as new cars afterwards....

It annoyed me, but ultimately its not a big deal. Modern cars are built to tolerances good enough that running in is not really a thing and a test drive pilot probably does you a favour if they fang it - seat those rings :)

Edited by Haakon

1 hour ago, Haakon said:

My Clio had 70 on it - they claimed it was because it was in a holding yard across town, but I reckon they lied and it was used for test drives. The Alfa had 20 on it.

Doesn't have to have been registered - I've test driven new cars with trade plates on, and I bet they were sold as new cars afterwards....

It annoyed me, but ultimately its not a big deal. Modern cars are built to tolerances good enough that running in is not really a thing and a test drive pilot probably does you a favour if they fang it - seat those rings :)

They gave me the same reason too.  It must be a big yard and they have to move it so often to get 70km on it...

Also, I had the same experience, went to a dealer for test drive and the sales person said they dont have one, but can get me a customer car to test, and he scratch the bottom of the car on his way out of the dealership...

It annoys me, i paid new car price lol.