Size difference between Clio 2 and Megane 2?

Iconic83

Yes and yes.

The Megane 2 is significantly bigger than a Clio 2, which must be one of the smallest cars ever sold in this country I would think (apart from the Mini, early Civic, etc, from the 60s and 70s).

Edited by xeno182

Hi all,

I've currently got a Clio 182 cup and am considering a move to a 4 door car.

Is the rear of a Megane 2 much wider than a Clio 2? Also is the boot space much bigger?

Cheers
Peter

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Think mini vs m3

3 x 13 racing. 3 times the luck

Hi all,

I've currently got a Clio 182 cup and am considering a move to a 4 door car.

Is the rear of a Megane 2 much wider than a Clio 2? Also is the boot space much bigger?

Cheers
Peter

By the way my 172 with a std motor beats this around most victorian tracks.91b3a3023e2682b4892c75820c14138a.jpg

3 x 13 racing. 3 times the luck

Cheers guys.

I did look at a 2006 Volvo s40 (same underpinnings as Ford focus and Mazda 3) last night and the width of the rear seats wasn't much wider than the 182.

I'll see if I can a hold of a Megane locally to compare

Cheers

The Clio is surprisingly big inside. I'm 6'2' and fit fine. Infact, I prefer the driving position in it to a Fiesta of the same vintage. 

As for the interior, the Megane is bigger in every regard - it is a bigger class of car. I'm driving one today and its a nice change from the 182. 

I've owned a Clio 2 and Megane 2, I can confirm that the 4 door Megane's have significantly more leg room in the rear. The boot was surprisingly big in the Clio however with the big bum of a Meg 2, you will find that it is bigger.

Hope that helps!

I thought the same as you and got a four door 225 Cup. In the end though, I still drive my 182 Cups and the Mrs claimed the 225 as I prefer the Clio over the Meg.