G'day From A New Addict - 1st things?

SikDave

Howdy guys,

Firstly I want to say thanks to all you top blokes/chicks - you made my purchasing decision on a 2013 RS 265 Cup+ a very easy one. The info and insights you share gave me so much confidence. And I tell you, I haven't regretted a second - in fact you've turned me into an addict. I've found myself sitting in my car on my lunch break just to be closer to her - I'm not myself... 😳

Thanks guys

Secondly, it looks like the natural progression is to get a remote re-map done by RS Tuning in UK, and delete the mid resonator. Is it best to buy the remote kit new from RS, or is it ok to source 2nd hand? AND any recommendation on where to go in Melbs - Central or Sth East for the exhaust update? 

Thirdly, here's some pics of my Meg Pre-EPIC drive on the Jamieson-Eildon Rd yesterday - with mandatory ale at the brewery.  (She's a bit filthy in the pics, but clean now)

Cheers!

Dave

Megane-Brewery-900.jpg.eccb4a091012c166d6367335b37832f7.jpgMegane-Howqua.thumb.jpg.185de680f7643fa75bd7951f5c22f20d.jpg

Edited by SikDave
  • Like 4

Welcome to OZRS, and congrats on the purchase! They are addictive, and I have to agree that road is EPIC, beats any trackday I've done in Australia, hands down!! :nod:

• Thanks 1

Don't know the roads down in Victoria that well, but that road stuck in my mind (for obvious reasons) after driving it at the OZRS Nats back in 2016.
Have you done Mt Buffalo?

• Like 1

I've got that exact model. Its great isnt it!

Mine really needs tinting. I had to take mine off for registration inspections here. I really feel it needs it again soon for that black and white contrast.

My first mod will be the exhaust, then a short shifter, and then probably a strut bar to help turn in. I might retune later down the track, however, i feel like day to day is fine for now.

• Like 1

Off topic. Nice car BTW. Yes Mt Buffalo. Not too bad. I had my now long ago ex wife drop me at the top on my MTB. I drove up. So I could roll on back down. When she eventually got to the bottom to meet me was was crying. Because of the twistes. And not for the right reasons .. 👍 21 kms if I recall correctly. Not A1 roads back then maybe 20 years back but relentless. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SamR said:

Don't know the roads down in Victoria that well, but that road stuck in my mind (for obvious reasons) after driving it at the OZRS Nats back in 2016.
Have you done Mt Buffalo?

I've done Mt Buffalo in a beat up panel van - will def add it to the hit list! 

3 hours ago, Docmattic said:

I've got that exact model. Its great isnt it!

Mine really needs tinting. I had to take mine off for registration inspections here. I really feel it needs it again soon for that black and white contrast.

My first mod will be the exhaust, then a short shifter, and then probably a strut bar to help turn in. I might retune later down the track, however, i feel like day to day is fine for now.

Doc, I absolutely love it!!! I haven't had this much fun in a car that I've owned. I love everything about it. Now, of course, I want to pimp it, in style. Thinking I might tint it (it's not tinted) and do the remap at least, then the mid box delete. Just trying to find a good place to do it down my way. Saw a post about the rear bar, not sure I'll start there as I do need to use it as a daily driver and the ride is already quite stiff (which I do like), but can pound the kidneys a bit...

1 hour ago, Mase said:

Off topic. Nice car BTW. Yes Mt Buffalo. Not too bad. I had my now long ago ex wife drop me at the top on my MTB. I drove up. So I could roll on back down. When she eventually got to the bottom to meet me was was crying. Because of the twistes. And not for the right reasons .. 👍 21 kms if I recall correctly. Not A1 roads back then maybe 20 years back but relentless. 

Ha Ha that’s funny! I did it too, my ex wife dropped me at the top and I rode down on my MTB. It was snowing. I had five layers on but it was pretty much the coldest I’ve ever been...

• Like 1

Ha Ha that’s funny! I did it too, my ex wife dropped me at the top and I rode down on my MTB. It was snowing. I had five layers on but it was pretty much the coldest I’ve ever been...

That’s scary lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, SikDave said:

I've done Mt Buffalo in a beat up panel van - will def add it to the hit list! 

I did it at pace a few years ago in a SW20 MR2 chasing other like cars on a CAMS sanctioned rally.   Oversteer on most corners going up, most fun I have had since my honeymoon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mase said:

Haha, poor bugger. 21k's is a good sprint. I should book in a Great Alpine Rd trip. Heard there's some nice roads down in South Gippsland but can't find the details. I know the road to Walhalla is a little bit of fun, but quite short.

3 hours ago, cairnsy said:

Welcome, car looks great! I have had a MY12 pre-face lift 265Cup for almost 5 years, and still love it! Plenty of joy ahead.☺

Thanks Cairnsy! Just recently found out the 265 had 2 looks, I like the 'panda' look on mine, matches the moonroof anyhoo. Bloody pumped.

Just let the wife have her first go tonight. Turned Sports Mode on once she had proven herself. 

• Like 1

I totally get that you just sit in your car and don’t want to get out. I had exactly that feeling with my Megane 225 Cup. Whenever I parked it I’d look back at it until it was out of sight. It’s a RenaultSport thing.

Ben

Current
2015 Polo GTI manual
2018 Golf GTI Original manual

Previous
2014 Polo GTI DSG
2013 Golf GTI DSG
2006 RenaultSport Megane 225 Cup manual
2006 Golf GTI manual
2005 Golf 2.0 TSI manual
2001 Astra SRi manual
2000 Pulsar SSS manual