Kinda new member

woot woot

Hi guys,

Guess I should make it official, I am now a owner of a black Clio 197, bought from a forum member. I was genuinely surprised how much I liked it hahaba

Owned a couple of cars through the years, but learnt to work on cars by owning a Toyota Celica GT4 which I had for a long time before sadly becoming a fixer upper more than it was worth, so I sold it.

Been on the forum for a while now but mostly just lurked and joined in a cruise or two with my previous Mazda 2 semi track car.

The Mazda sadly got involved in a crash and was written off :( and was looking for over a month before going to check out a Clio.

Honestly all the horror stories of people about french cars did get to me a bit, but drive the Clio and loved it.

Anyway will keep the car mostly standard besides some small things and freshining things up and do some cruises and maybe the odd skid pan day, which I do highly enjoy, but will keen to see how the Clio does in standard form compared to how I had the Mazda running.

Anyway based in Melbourne west now and moving to geelong in the future so will be keen for a GOR run if anyone is keen.

Cheers

Joe

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Congrats on the new car!

You can ignore all the misery below.  No need to worry because yours is well and truly out of warranty. Not that you'll need it coz everyone knows the Clio3 is a very reliable unit! :biggrin:

Pic of Mazda at the Winton skid pan/ motorkhana day. Took overall honours that day also which was really cool.

Pic of Clio at Virage day after I got it, getting new belts and water pump, wanted it all good before I start driving it hard.e86155a6fb2e3dcce758b61753db1dc8.jpg51067f0233e712e65b84fb7b8597a62b.jpg

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1