Owner of new 220 trophy

danrs220

Hi everyone,

My name is Dan and I'm the proud owner of a new black rs 220 trophy. It's a 2016 model with just 300 km on the clock. Purchased as a new car (I'm the first registered owner) from a car dealer in the Sunshine coast. Supposedly it was sitting at the dealership for a few years as a demo but never got driven. Picked it up for a great price. 

I frequented this forum many years ago 2007-2010ish) when I owned a 172 and attended a few drive days and meet ups. Looking forward to getting back in to the Renault Sport forums and meeting up with members around Brisbane. I've only had the 220 for a day but it's certainly a vast improvement over the 172 (I do still miss the old beast though).

My cousin also recently purchased a 2017 Megane R. I'm not sure if he is on the forum yet, but if not I'll be sending him this way.

It seems like the door seals are missing on mine. I've read a few other members have had theirs missing from new as well. Do you think it's worthwhile asking the dealer to sort this out or is it a waste of time? 

If there is anyone from Brisbane looking to have a drive sometime, I'm always up for hitting some twisties. Feel free to drop me a line.

Cheers,

Dan

• Like 3

Congrats mate, you should add yours to the 220 register in the Clio IV forum :)

I was one who had missing secondary door seals and went through the process to get ones on order. My dealer was utterly useless and I ended up going through Renault Australia, who in all fairness, came through. Then of course the dealer refused to fit them because they didnt know how :?

Congrats and welcome to the forums... my wife and I considered buying that one interstate and shipping it down but found the dealership communication a bit hit and miss and ultimately we passed on it

Edited by mmh

On 25/04/2018 at 7:18 AM, stromlo said:

Congrats mate, you should add yours to the 220 register in the Clio IV forum :)

I was one who had missing secondary door seals and went through the process to get ones on order. My dealer was utterly useless and I ended up going through Renault Australia, who in all fairness, came through. Then of course the dealer refused to fit them because they didnt know how :?

Yep Dan...go direct to Renault, Australia re door seals and once you receive them if you are confident enough fit them yourself or get your friendly panel beater to do it professionally.

Edited by chris043

I was told that these low KM, 16 build, 17 compliance Trophy's were caught in a light hail storm and took a long time to get sorted.  I was looking at one also with 40km on it.  He had the same BS story but I got chatting with another dealer who spilled the beans.  I wasn't worried, as they would have used paintless dent removal.  I also scoured carsales and found a number of Volvo S60 and V60 which were on the docks at the same time, with prices reduced by nearly $20k.

I'm very jealous though, my wife has pulled the handbrake on any new car for at least 16 weeks, as that is how long our builder will be spending our money for and who knows how much over budget our project will go.  I've had a look at 4 Trophy's and I'm still very keen on one.

Thanks for the heads up regarding the door seals. I will contact Renault Australia and get it sorted. I'll more than likely go to a panel beater to get them fitted. Not sure how easy they would be to do myself.

Interesting about the hail damage. Mine is a 2015 build 2016 compliance. I'm not sure if these were affected aswell? I can't see any signs of hail damage so I'm not too worried. 

Such as awesome little machine. Can't wait to get some more KMs on the clock so I can really open it up.

2 hours ago, danrs220 said:

Thanks for the heads up regarding the door seals. I will contact Renault Australia and get it sorted. I'll more than likely go to a panel beater to get them fitted. Not sure how easy they would be to do myself.

Just in case you are unaware where the missing door seals should be, the missing front door ones are at the bottom of the doors and you will probably see the holes in the metal where they should have been clipped in.

The missing back door ones run right around the door from where the top seals finish at the rear base of the window to the end of the door base or leading edge at the bottom of the door.

Don't let them give you their normal bulldust about some cars being assembled without them etc. etc. The back door ones in particular prevent dust and water entering the cabin. If they argue the point quote Stromlo's case where he had his missing ones supplied :)

There is an extensive thread on this here somewhere as you probably know...:)

Edited by chris043