What's the difference between the Trophy+ and RB8

tris

Well, I've decided that it's about time I pass the Hyundai SUV onto the Mrs and invest in something more my style, and after doing a heap of research and looking at a lot of different makes I just keep coming back to the Megan RS. I've always been a big Renault fan, had a 16 when i was young (and dad had a Gordini R8 which was apparently a little fire cracker) and I've always had a soft spot for the Alpine, so it didn't really make much to convince me.

I'm looking at a 2013 model, either the Trophy+ or the RB8. In real terms what are the major differences between the two? Is the RB8 more than just a fancy sticker? Or is there another model around the same price range than I'm ignoring?

Cheers

There isn’t much difference from my research. Just the stickers and unique colour, but the RB8 has the update R.S. monitor with all the telemetry. The trophy+ will not (I have a trophy), just maps and reverse cam. Other than that they are the same. Mechanically identical and awesome!

Both have leather recaros, 19” steevs (black for RB and alloy for trophy), bi-xenon directional headlights. Trophy usually has the glass roof, I’m unsure if the RB8 does.

Either way you’ll be getting a great car! Just get it checked out and see their service history. 2013 would mean the car is due for its timing belt change ($1k job). I almost bought a RB8 from Melbourne, Low ks, but turns out it was a repairable write-off! Close call! Good luck mate! Look forward to seeing the new car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There isn’t much difference from my research. Just the stickers and unique colour, but the RB8 has the update R.S. monitor with all the telemetry. The trophy+ will not (I have a trophy), just maps and reverse cam. Other than that they are the same. Mechanically identical and awesome!

Both have leather recaros, 19” steevs (black for RB and alloy for trophy), bi-xenon directional headlights. Trophy usually has the glass roof, I’m unsure if the RB8 does.

Either way you’ll be getting a great car! Just get it checked out and see their service history. 2013 would mean the car is due for its timing belt change ($1k job). I almost bought a RB8 from Melbourne, Low ks, but turns out it was a repairable write-off! Close call! Good luck mate! Look forward to seeing the new car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not much else to add but the trophy+ didn't come standard with bucket recaros, just the standard with electric adjustment and heating. Most in the market have the non-bucket seats.
Also the RB8 came standard with a nicer gear knob.
  • Like 1