Trophy from Adelaide

kelvalok

Hi,

New in Oz (2 years now) and finally got my Renault Clio RS 220 Trophy, in frozen white (a bit of a pain but looks tremendous!). Number 2383 :)

I present myself: I come from Barcelona (Catalonia, Europe) and I have had lots of Renaults (4, 5 and super 5, 6, 11, 18, Clio 1, Megane 1, kangoo, Laguna 2, clio 3 and last one there was Megane 2 GT (didn't arrive here but it was the 2.0 165hp with better suspension and gears and seats, like the GT line now but same engine block as the sport... It was a perfect car for having fun and every day use).

Regarding the Trophy, I'm enjoying it a lot although the petrol use in city is BAD :(

it takes corner very well!! That's the main reason I chose it... Better driving position as well, especially compared to Clio 2 and 3... And the sound for a car with turbo is great!

And well, I have some questions that I'll ask in the forum soon if I don't find the answer before, of course!

Just in case you guys know something about my concerns, these are the questions:

1- rlink 1, enable mirroring: it's been done and I have the manual, but have you guys done it?

2- fuel use, how are you guys doing around city?

3- how many people here are from Adelaide? I'd love to chat with some of you and get to know more about Adelaide and its people. And the hills :wink:

Oh, and regarding the reviews of this car... Bullsh*t! Chris Harris is the only one being realistic and objective! The gearbox is fast (fast enough!), the car is amazingly comfortable (maybe not much in Adelaide lol) and easy and the engine pulls very well ! Of course if you want a stick nothing to do, but for an every day car... Perfect!

Ok, the inside is not excellent or even very good but well, it's a Renault...

That's all, sorry if too long or too passionate but at least you get to know me a bit. I always read the forum and will try to help if I can.

Salut! (Cheers in Catalan)

K.a0c23f31f41b82af91dcb692dc86eac8.jpg024a1ebc3c0bc5a0e2209350d244a4f6.jpgdb12e8cae55d4150f123c954701a6a98.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Welcome :)

Regarding Fuel, this is a tricky issue. one trip i managed 4.8l/100km to work (20km trip), I was astonished.

Then I took the long way home over the mountain pass, and it shot up to 10l/100km

Its the nature of the car, if you careful, its good. but thats rare.

• Like 3

Lol you're worried about your post being too long and too passionate? We'd be complaining if it wasn't!
Your car looks fabulous.
What's your interest in Adelaide? I'm not from there but have also visited and love it. Have you visited?
I live in Adelaide (my wife is from here), and am a gardener. Basically I love hiking and looking for animals, what gives me a good chance to drive through the hills :) except when going to the north, then it's all straight lol.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum ! - car looks great.

I live in Perth but grew up in Adelaide - the hills are great go and find Corkscrew road and have fun there !

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum ! - car looks great.
I live in Perth but grew up in Adelaide - the hills are great go and find Corkscrew road and have fun there !
Hey! I live next to montacute rd :wink: so corkscrew is one of the nice roads... Problem is blind corners + bikes is too dangerous!!

I live in Adelaide (my wife is from here), and am a gardener. Basically I love hiking and looking for animals, what gives me a good chance to drive through the hills [emoji4] except when going to the north, then it's all straight lol.  

Sorry I got too focused on and excited about the mention of Barcelona!  

I've got a standard sport and the fuel consumption just got worse - that's what Bilsteins do [emoji23]

Hi kelvalok, welcome to the forum. Lovely car. I don't know how others but I never worried about fuel consumption of my RS 200 sport. It does about 10l/100 km in city driving. Doesn't matter with or without A/C. Just stays around 10 l. Sport cars are like that I guess. Who buys them for fuel efficiency ha ha

• Like 1

Nice car mate! Love the white with black detailing.  

I’ve been riding and driving the hills here for almost 35 years. Montacute is a good place to start but ultimately, you can’t go wrong anywhere up there. Just pick your day and time - I like 6 am starts on weekdays. No traffic, no machines taking sneaky pictures of you.

Plenty of really tight stuff around Norton Summit through to Lenswood and Lobethal, then it opens out either north towards Williamstown and Gawler, or go south towards Strathalbyn, Myponga and end up at Delamere. I rode to Delamere yesterday, leaving home at 6 am and it was magic.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi,

New in Oz (2 years now) and finally got my Renault Clio RS 220 Trophy, in frozen white (a bit of a pain but looks tremendous!). Number 2383 [emoji4]

I present myself: I come from Barcelona (Catalonia, Europe) and I have had lots of Renaults (4, 5 and super 5, 6, 11, 18, Clio 1, Megane 1, kangoo, Laguna 2, clio 3 and last one there was Megane 2 GT (didn't arrive here but it was the 2.0 165hp with better suspension and gears and seats, like the GT line now but same engine block as the sport... It was a perfect car for having fun and every day use).

Regarding the Trophy, I'm enjoying it a lot although the petrol use in city is BAD [emoji20]

it takes corner very well!! That's the main reason I chose it... Better driving position as well, especially compared to Clio 2 and 3... And the sound for a car with turbo is great!

And well, I have some questions that I'll ask in the forum soon if I don't find the answer before, of course!

Just in case you guys know something about my concerns, these are the questions:

1- rlink 1, enable mirroring: it's been done and I have the manual, but have you guys done it?

2- fuel use, how are you guys doing around city?

3- how many people here are from Adelaide? I'd love to chat with some of you and get to know more about Adelaide and its people. And the hills :wink:

Oh, and regarding the reviews of this car... Bullsh*t! Chris Harris is the only one being realistic and objective! The gearbox is fast (fast enough!), the car is amazingly comfortable (maybe not much in Adelaide lol) and easy and the engine pulls very well ! Of course if you want a stick nothing to do, but for an every day car... Perfect!

Ok, the inside is not excellent or even very good but well, it's a Renault...

That's all, sorry if too long or too passionate but at least you get to know me a bit. I always read the forum and will try to help if I can.

Salut! (Cheers in Catalan)
K.a0c23f31f41b82af91dcb692dc86eac8.jpg024a1ebc3c0bc5a0e2209350d244a4f6.jpgdb12e8cae55d4150f123c954701a6a98.jpg

Hi [emoji112] that's a great [emoji106] looking ride good to hear you're enjoying your new ride.

I own a RS250 Monaco GP Limited Edition No 230 with a few enhancements i.e. engine, exhaust, suspension.

760e11de9da779c4a688f2f45cb8326c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 2