Gone French (RS Clio 200 Cup)

casperionx

Hi All,

Got pointed here from whingepool (whirlpool) lol. Just about to pick up my new (well 3K km 2015 ex-demo model) Clio RS 200 Cup model. 

Im gonna do a search after to see what people say in regards to pain points (im anticipating on keeping the car for 3-5 years at least) - I already know tyres and brakes will be two of the biggest - I travel to Macquarie Park from Narara (NSW) atleast 2-3 times a week for work.

Also being a ex-demo with full factory warranty (and the dealerships used 300K km life time mechanicals warranty) do you think 25K was too much or just right? Based on what I've researched, 3-4 year old Clio's of the same shape are going for approx 20-23k with anywhere between 30-70K km's on them.

Hope to have some photos next week when I take her on the old road. 

My daughter has already named her "Myra" lol. 

Anyways, looking forward to some lurking and some photo sharing.

Cheers!

-Casp

Edited by casperionx

Welcome Casp. You won't be disappointed with the Clio. I have a 2015 White Clio Cup which I bought new and have loved it since the day I drove it out of the showroom.

There's a few small mods that I think all Clio owners do. Get rid of the sound generator pipe in the engine bay and delete the center resonator in the exhaust. All this will cost you max $125.

Mine has done about 45k kms and the only thing I've had to do is change the tyres (which is a pain due to the size they put as standard). There is little to chose from and they are pricey as they are less common. You can go up to a 215 with no issues and that fixes all problems.

Well enjoy your car. I have no doubt you will.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Does the removal of the sound generator pipe and centre resonator improve performance at all? I have to admit, I enjoyed the sound of the engine note, and found it not too intrusive actually (that was one of the key things I was quite impressed by - just how good the sound insulation was)

Welcome Casp. You won't be disappointed with the Clio. I have a 2015 White Clio Cup which I bought new and have loved it since the day I drove it out of the showroom.

There's a few small mods that I think all Clio owners do. Get rid of the sound generator pipe in the engine bay and delete the center resonator in the exhaust. All this will cost you max $125.

Mine has done about 45k kms and the only thing I've had to do is change the tyres (which is a pain due to the size they put as standard). There is little to chose from and they are pricey as they are less common. You can go up to a 215 with no issues and that fixes all problems.

Well enjoy your car. I have no doubt you will.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

225/40/18 also work just fine.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Can anyone answer me this: the Rs monitor. Can I get it on my 200 cup? Even though it's a '15 model. The Renault website seems to say that it's for models after mid sept 2017... and if I can how much is it?
Probably upgradeable but it would be a lot of work.
The September 2017 is the facelift date ... Usual mid life model upgrade...
Living without an RS monitor in both the Clio and the Megane I have to say I don't mind! It works be nice, but far from necessary
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, casperionx said:

Can anyone answer me this: the Rs monitor. Can I get it on my 200 cup? Even though it's a '15 model. The Renault website seems to say that it's for models after mid sept 2017... and if I can how much is it?

RS Monitor only came with the "Premium" versions - other obvious premium fitment items were 'leather' seats, PDC + reverse cam. Retrofitting RS Monitor .... not sure its easily possible.

Welcome to the forums!

buy one of these pedals... I think it's a forum member who manufactured them

ebay

I believe the Mazda RX8 space saver is good for the cup as well as the sport if you don't want to contend with puncture repair kit shenanigans if the unfortunate circumstances arise...

Edited by mmh

Welcome Casper,

We are neighbours i'm in Lisarow Yellow 200 EDC CUP, message me your mob maybe we can meet up, have a few others up this way, we meet up for drive or coffee.

What colour, from Lindsay at BH ?

Cheers

Tonym

Depending on where you input the data Im in Narara or niagra park (prefer narara, gives me better house value lol).

Mines a that halo yellow colour that seems to be in the promotional material lol. (see pic).

Michael at BH sold me the car.

Just trying to find a place that does vinyl graphics as I want to put some grey around the silver door trim with myra written on it in red.

And sure, we can organise that one day. I dont see many of them around the coast.

26233521_10156591329627788_4710514392490984296_o.jpg

On 05/01/2018 at 4:06 PM, mmh said:

Welcome to the forums!

buy one of these pedals... I think it's a forum member who manufactured them

ebay

I believe the Mazda RX8 space saver is good for the cup as well as the sport if you don't want to contend with puncture repair kit shenanigans if the unfortunate circumstances arise...

That's correct due to the lower profile tyres on the Cup.