First Renault

Davidb

I am a bit late writing this as I bought liquido200's ah, liquid yellow 2012 Clio 200 in early September.

My first new car was a Peugeot 205 Gti and the Clio reminds me of a modern version of that. I have just sold my Mk5 Golf Gti (bought it new, apr ecu remap, full apr exhaust, etc)  which was a beautiful car and my 07 Elise which was a lot of fun. The Clio seems like mix of the 2! Hope I made the right decision. I have also spent the last 2 years restoring my 83 Alfasud Ti QV with a mate.  We stripped it totally inside and out and it had no rust and it is now in remarkable condition after much work doing nearly everything but paint.

I am really enjoying the Clio. Love the suspension, gearbox, brakes and seats. Clearly they did not spend much on the stereo (what a piece of 💩).

Bought a set of stock wheels from a forum member and have put on yoko ad08rs. 

Next step will be exhaust- Akra seems popular but keen to hear in person if possible. Seems to be some keen members in Brisbane so hopefully I will catch up. Keen to learn where to buy and have it installed in Brisvegas. 

Lots of great info on this forum. 

• Like 4

Welcome mate, I agree the Clio is a nice piece of machinery. Come along to the monthly meet this Thursday and hopefully you'll get to meet a few other Clio owners including myself.

http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/index.php?/topic/25937-[Qld]-Monthly-Night-Get-Together

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Davidb said:

I am really enjoying the Clio. Love the suspension, gearbox, brakes and seats. Clearly they did not spend much on the stereo (what a piece of 💩).

A couple of decent speakers in the front doors  makes a noticeable improvement. I used Focals. Cost around $200. Pretty easy to swap them out yourself.  Still not great, but makes it acceptable IMO.

Wait until you see the OEM speakers. No wonder it sounds so bad :laugh:

Dave,

Youve made 2 right decisions, your Clio is the same as mine is it a CUP,  not that much difference, and the Sud I had a 1.2 TI in the 80's it still rates as a hot hatch, has it got the twin 36 IDF webers etc

Welcome

Tonym

7 hours ago, tonym said:

Dave,

Youve made 2 right decisions, your Clio is the same as mine is it a CUP,  not that much difference, and the Sud I had a 1.2 TI in the 80's it still rates as a hot hatch, has it got the twin 36 IDF webers etc

Welcome

Tonym

Thanks Tonym, yes 200 is a cup and my Alfa has 36 idf webers and is stock so it has the inboard front brakes and the handbrake on the front brakes that does not work! It is fun in the corners though.

7 hours ago, apple3337 said:

Thanks, will add this to the list. Looks like a good solution.

• 5 months later...

Thanks for the links. I went the JBL speaker option front and rear and the sound is much improved. Now it is at least reasonable to good for a pretty small outlay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk