Potential 197 owner

Bakks

Hi all - I am looking to buy a Renault Clio 197 in the next month or so.

I currently own a BMW M135i, but am moving from Perth to Melbourne and plan to live inner city and do very little driving. It seems the 197 is the best fun car under $10k.

If you are looking to sell in the next month or two, please let me know.

From what I can tell, the only options on these are the sunroof, Xenon's and recaros, and as far as reliability make sure the timing belt has been changed every four years. Is that about it?

Also, does anyone know if a road bicycle will fit in the back with the seats folded down?

Edited by Bakks

1 hour ago, Bakks said:

Hi all - I am looking to buy a Renault Clio 197 in the next month or so.

I currently own a BMW M135i, but am moving from Perth to Melbourne and plan to live inner city and do very little driving. It seems the 197 is the best fun car under $10k.

If you are looking to sell in the next month or two, please let me know.

From what I can tell, the only options on these are the sunroof, Xenon's and recaros, and as far as reliability make sure the timing belt has been changed every four years. Is that about it?

Also, does anyone know if a road bicycle will fit in the back with the seats folded down?

Can't give you much information but I'm pretty sure someone asked about a bike a year ago and someone said it was ok. 

Have you checked out the classifieds section? Is NSW too far to go?

Welcome Bakks!
Given I picked up a 197 a few months back (R27 - none of the fancy lux options, just Cup chassis and Recaros) I can tell you that a road bike AND a mountain bike easily fits in the back. My Giant Defy fits with only one wheel taken off, the Trance requires both wheels off since its a fair bit longer but still fits easily with the dropper post down.

There's quite a bit of bang for buck with these cars and they are relatively practical given how small they are!

Xenons and sunroof very, very rare.

Recaros are common and desirable for most people. ( I don't think those with Recaros would ever swap them for standard. :wink: )

BTW the back seat is very usable and with the back seat folded down there's heaps of space.

• Like 1