Please Does Anyone Knows How To Remove Shocks Off Megane 225

Sal

Front or rear, or both. The front, being struts, you'll need coil Spring compressors. Rears (I don't know much abou meg 2s), if it's torsion beam, the shocks should be easy, 1 nut & bolt at the top, same at the bottom. If it's got IRS, then, same as the front, probably, depending on set up. I'm pretty sure my meg 3 is torsion at the back, if yours is the same, it's standard tool kit stuff. Struts are a different animal. Spring compressors aren't cheap, get it wrong, get hurt, a lot. If you're not confident, get it done for you. You're lucky, you're in Sydney, Renotech is just up the road!

i dont know what to do what do i have to drop first

Hey mate, its not rocket science however its not trivial either.  

The perfohub setup does complicate the removal/install of the struts.

I've done both my old 225 and now my Clio 3, they have a very similar/same setup.

If you are savvy on the tools then i'd say go for it, however assume you won't get it done in a day as we had trouble both times around [for different reasons]

Also do some research, there are a few step by step guides around.  I think meganesport.net has one in the how to section.

As mentioned the Clio 3 is much the same setup so a Clio 3 guide would be just as useful.

Good luck, take your time and you'll be fine.

As Steveio says, rear is easy. Front is tricky and probably shouldn't be attempted unless you're an confident and experienced DIYer. I suggest you take a front wheel off and have a good look at the front suspension. You have to pull much of the it apart and like most things on these cars, it isn't that easy to work on. If you're then still determined to press on, I can give you some info.

Fronts are doable diy but need quite a bit of force/leverage to get strut out of perfohub setup. It's doable even with brake rotor still on.

I paid someone to do it though as I don't have time for that much cursing and everything is so much quicker and easier when you have a hoist.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Fronts are doable diy but need quite a bit of force/leverage to get strut out of perfohub setup. It's doable even with brake rotor still on.

I paid someone to do it though as I don't have time for that much cursing and everything is so much quicker and easier when you have a hoist.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

They're doable but the problem is that the control arm doesn't swing down far enough to allow the suspension upright to clear the bottom of the strut without excessive (IMO) force. I detach the upright from the ball-joint plate and swing the strut forward/outward so that the upright/perfohub assembly can be knocked off the bottom of the strut without the control arm getting in the way. This is a bit tricky because of bolt clearance. And then you have to be careful not to pull the driveshaft out of the gearbox on the passenger side and drop half your gearbox oil.

Edited by Bingle