ozRS Shirts **Closed**

If done, how many of you would be interested in the following ozRS Merchandise  

2 members have voted

1. 1. If done, how many of you would be interested in the following ozRS Merchandise

• Shirts
    • Pens, notepads (stationary) etc
    • The eyeshade thingy as suggested by les
    • Other - please specify
    • Not interested - i am a cheap scape and don't wanna pay jack crap for anything

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be interested after seeing the new final design & pricing etc

I'd be interested after seeing the new final design & pricing etc

new design? lol, what new design, bar evrything else, only the back lettering has changed .......a little bit (this was after talking to dru and taking suggestions)........pricing? provided that dru doesn't need to digitise the images, will be a touch under $30, but if he does, then it will be around $34 a shirt!

Fuk I had a brain flash .. ( good thing )

Why don't we approach the dealers and see if they would like to advertise on our shirts ?!

Tell me what you think !

what would they advertise?

Dealers sell cars ... funny that .. so I guess that would be what they would want to advertise !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

They can have a their logos and phone number on the shirts etc. Just a suggestion.

Dealers sell cars ... funny that .. so I guess that would be what they would want to advertise !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

They can have a their logos and phone number on the shirts etc. Just a suggestion.

hmmmm, aren't their logos the renault logo :?::P .................phone number?? i dunno, you can have that on yours :P .........but probs won't bother, otherwise, the shirts will never get under way, also, what about people in other states?, be weird having a NSW dealer number on your shirt, when you live WA :lol:

Nice suggestion though les, never thought about that, could probabaly get them to pay for the shirts aswell, lol

Cheers,

Brendan

Dealers from other states can definitely put their logo and numbers down too !!

There is obviously a mutual benefit for them to advertise on the shirts i.e. cutting our costs down and it raises awareness of their dealership.

But I agree that it will delay the process. Just a thought though !

That won't happen. Why would a dealer fork out the money for 10 shirts when some states don't even have 10 regular members? Plus I don't want dealer advertising on my shirt, I'd rather pay the $30-$40 - I jsut wanna see the finished product shirt so I know it's of decent quality :wink:

Not fork out 100% of the cost of the shirts, but pay to advertise on our shirts say 5-10% of the cost. It's just a form of advertising and I am sure that not all of them would be interested.

For one shirt - with logo .. I got quoted .. ready .. $35 + GST for shirt $80 to set up digital image oon the system for them to stick on to the shirt ..

$115 for the one sample shirt.

Ultimately it would have been nice to be able to put the renault diamond on the shirt, along with elf aswell, but companies are very reluctant to let their logos be put on something that is beyond their control :?...........an example would be when i just contacted RS in the UK asking about the font they use on the the Renault Sport logo, the reply was along the lines of "we cannot promote our logo on something that is external" etc etc.

Maybe if we ever make another shirt run in the future or what ever, it may be worthwile to try and contact elf, renault, or whoever, and discuss it with them, ultimately i think the forum would be much larger by then, and that may lend weight to the idea of their association with us the more worthwile! Perhaps we could build better relations by inviting people like elf or renault onto Drive days, socials etc, as we did with the Waitara dealership on Sunday. That turned out to be very successful, with Waitara agreeing to put on a private screening of the 197 for ozRS members. It may seem a bit far fetched or perhaps unrealistic, but i think that the positive experience on Sunday with a dealership really justifies the extra efforts.

Anyways, i think the dealer idea is good, but is just gonna take too damn long for the shirts to ever get under way - there have already been enough problems with the simple design we have now, and throwing in an extra dimension will only complicate if not end the shirt run idea altogether.

So right now, since the shirts have never been done before, i think we should wait and see how it pans out eventually, and if it does become a big hit, then maybe further down the track say a year or so, justify adding extra dimensions to the shirts such as greater design flair or customisation.

Brendan :)

Quick Update!

I have to get the images digitised so we can get the resolution to enable dru to embroid our shirts. Now, just wondering if you guys wanted to pay the extra 5 bucks or so and get the images done by dru aswell, or is someone willing to have a crack, and do a pro-bono and use photoshop and touch up the images? :D

Benst i think is having a crack (i think), but dunno if anyone else wanted to try???

Here are the images anyway (included an extra one just to give you something to think about :P )

This is going on the front :P

Concept1.jpg

and one of these ones will go on the back...........so which one guys?

The first one i only came with a few days ago :P , have been talking to swish and he seems to like it, anyone else like it?

DSC00802.jpg

DSC00800.jpg

PM me is you can use photoshop and touch up the pics, Thanks :D

Out of interest, how do you submit the design to the shirt making people?

I guess we either submit the file with our design, or print it out in high resolution on some quality paper :wink:

In the meantime, benst and i are working on trying to get the images digitised, touched up, or whatever you'd like to call it....so, hopefully that won't be too much longer...........if anyone is an expert in using photoshop etc, and has the generosity to help, that would be much appreciated? :P .....if we can get the images done ourselves, we will be saving around 5 bucks a shirt according to dru :)

Cheers,

Brendan

I guess we either submit the file with our design, or print it out in high resolution on some quality paper :wink:

In the meantime, benst and i are working on trying to get the images digitised, touched up, or whatever you'd like to call it....so, hopefully that won't be too much longer...........if anyone is an expert in using photoshop etc, and has the generosity to help, that would be much appreciated? :P .....if we can get the images done ourselves, we will be saving around 5 bucks a shirt according to dru :)

Cheers,

Brendan

What exactly do you need to do? Scanning? Retouched? Colour matched? More info...

Iif anyone is an expert in using photoshop etc, and has the generosity to help, that would be much appreciated? :P .....if we can get the images done ourselves, we will be saving around 5 bucks a shirt according to dru :)

Cheers,

Brendan

I wouldn't call myself self an expert but I go alright on the old photoshop. Let me know what needs doing and I'll have a go over the weekend :wink:

PM if you need my email.

Cheers

Basically what needs to be done is the crappy drawings i did need to be touched up, edited etc, so the resolution of the image gets to atleast 300dpi. Also to make the images look more professinal/refined so it is easier for dru to use as a base for embroidery. I have phtoshop, but have not a single clue in the world how to use it :oops:....thats why i seek you guys to help out :P.............i am also trying to look for the 'renault font' (thats its name), so the website font on the back of the shirt will match the font on the 'renault sport' logo - does anyone have this font? otherwise its 25 bucks US to download it from memory :shock:............

Thanks everyone

Brendan

PM Moosey or Rex-Static for those logos/fonts that you need Brendan, one of the admins should have them but it's friday arvo and I can't think! :)

Also, are the drawings that you're talking (that need to be touched up) the ones you drew? If so we need them to be totally done on computer for them to look professional enough to wear. Not having a go mate. :)

Also, are the drawings that you're talking (that need to be touched up) the ones you drew? If so we need them to be totally done on computer for them to look professional enough to wear. Not having a go mate. :)

yea, i know :D , thats why i need someone who knows photoshop to do the images :P

i have got a few of the ozrs logo from i think PaulD and bio, but the one bio sent me was for the stickers and for some reason only half of it is viewable, and the ones that paul sent were a bit small.......

Cheers,

Brendan

• 4 weeks later...

Okies everyone, after much fiddling around, i have finally finished the images..............now i couldn't digitise them properly myself so will have to get dru to do them............the following is the final images that will be used, so if people are ok with them, then they will be promptly sent to dru for digitising and embroidery.

And yes i know, the back design has changed a lot and i'm sorry for that :oops: , but this was the only design i could actually manage to do on the computer rather than using free hand drawing....i think it looks better than the previous designs too.

Thanks

Brendan

BACK IMAGE

backdesign222.jpg

FRONT IMAGE

Concept1.jpg

alive and kicking, last post was a month ago lol, i think the back image should just be the web address?

Cheers

:oops::oops: .........well its live and kicking now :lol::lol: ......just the web address on the back? not too boring?.....i dun mind, just aslong as others are happy :wink:

Cheers,

Brendan.

P.S you coming to the meet this friday?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...