English Newbie

williamspaul

Don't forget the turbo Barra motor... If I were crazy enough, there's an XR6 turbo (ba) going for 3k on carsales, would be little work to swap it's running gear (3.45 8.6 inch lsd, turbo motor and keep my btr 4 speed) and engine loom +ecu into my grandad spec ba Futura and run a stock exhaust, you'd never know. Turn the boost up (with valve springs and turbo upgrade, do a larger intercooler and auto cooler) and run mid 11's and not be able to stop or turn a corner. Albeit it is a 'hoon' car, but I drove it like I stole it for 2 years and I'd not attracted any police attention in that time.

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

Yeah pretty much. I was going to type LS but then thought of course there are plenty of barras going around so changed it to simply V8. Sounds like a hectic build though haha.

• Like 1

Yeah pretty much. I was going to type LS but then thought of course there are plenty of barras going around so changed it to simply V8. Sounds like a hectic build though haha.

Have to decide whether to do it or not... Am still just getting over the ressurection of the Clio after 6 months of having it be put together. So I'll see :wink:

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

If you want to do something never done in Australia, get a rear engine Renault, think, 4cv, Dauphine, Floride, Caravelle, R8, R10 or Alpine and put in a F4R engine in it or even better with a turbo as well.

Make it a sleeper, and then you can blow away grandpa and all the boy racers.

There's already an R8 Gordini replica in Sydney with a Nissan CA18DET engine (1.8L 4 cylinder DOHC turbo...).

There's already an R8 Gordini replica in Sydney with a Nissan CA18DET engine (1.8L 4 cylinder DOHC turbo...).

That would be wicked. I had a clubman with a modded one of them in it. Performance was intense...

Pictures please!

Two problems with that one, it's a Nissan and a Gordini replica,

it has to be grandpa spec, a real sleeper.

Pictures please!

Two problems with that one, it's a Nissan and a Gordini replica,

it has to be grandpa spec, a real sleeper.

Here are a couple of pics showing what's under the bonnet and in the boot. I thought I had a pic of the exterior, but looks like it's on my other laptop.

It does have flared guards and wide rubber on it, plus the colour and the stripes.

The owner apparently has a whole second rear end that he can swap in when he wants with a Gordini engine in place of the Nissan engine.

IMG_3383-resized.jpg

IMG_3385-resized.jpg

• Like 1

yeah i was lucky in the uk we get away with murder however that does lead to  some rather poor cars being made and driven on the road have you seen the state of some of the peoples stretched tyres in the uk and mental camber

Here was a good one though:

• 2 weeks later...

Heres something you guys might be intereste in, at the uk french car show i got talking to the staff from the magazine started helping them out. They ended up letting me drive some of the cars the were featuring and had on loan from renault them selves. The new clio trophy 220 #1, the alien green clio 200 that was on top gear ,the number 1 trophy 182,and the original 1st ever williams made witch renault gave to sir frank williams himself .It was a very great privalege to drive all these cars and help out with the photo shoot etc on the feature on my freinds car.

post-22339-0-92351100-1484306757_thumb.jpg

Edited by williamspaul
  • Like 6

If you want to do something never done in Australia, get a rear engine Renault, think, 4cv, Dauphine, Floride, Caravelle, R8, R10 or Alpine and put in a F4R engine in it or even better with a turbo as well.

Make it a sleeper, and then you can blow away grandpa and all the boy racers.

How high will the front wheels go in the air with all that weight in the back ?

Anyway, I say just do it and prove it :popcorn:

[and if somebody wasn't hoarding all those old Renaults it would give the rest of us a better chance].

How high will the front wheels go in the air with all that weight in the back ?

Anyway, I say just do it and prove it :popcorn:

[and if somebody wasn't hoarding all those old Renaults it would give the rest of us a better chance].

It ain't a matter of money holding me back just time, with three RS's now the three Florides in the garage don't get much lov'n as time is the problem. (I like the extra bit we get when we quote your post)