Cams License

chuckovski

A CAMS L2S (Level 2 Speed) licence will be what you want for track days and should also qualify you for the insurance discount.

Cost is $125 a year BUT you will also need to be a member of a CAMS-affiliated club to qualify for one. Not sure of your whereabouts, but as an example PIARC (Phillip Island Auto Racing Club) down here in VIC is about $60 a year, RCCV (Renault Car Cub Victoria) is $55 a year iirc...

• Like 2

A CAMS L2S (Level 2 Speed) licence will be what you want for track days and should also qualify you for the insurance discount.

Cost is $125 a year BUT you will also need to be a member of a CAMS-affiliated club to qualify for one. Not sure of your whereabouts, but as an example PIARC (Phillip Island Auto Racing Club) down here in VIC is about $60 a year, RCCV (Renault Car Cub Victoria) is $55 a year iirc...

Thanks - I might join Wollongong Sports Car Club, it's $40 a year. Shame you have to do that too ... what a bunch of hoops to jump through!

What about AASA? Would that count? http://aasa.com.au/

When I did research so I could qualify to drive at PI during the NATS I think I worked out that AASA was a lesser qualification and wasn't accepted for all tracks.  AASA was ok at Wakefield Park but did not cover  SMSP, you needed L2S. May  be wrong.  :wink:

I looked into this a few months ago. I was going to go with CAMS LS2 licence and join the ARDC.

Pretty sure the ARDC membership was good for getting into SMSP for practice days, watching other events in there, etc.

From memory cams was $130ish and ardc was about the same per year.