adreval

That's part of my problem,too many choices out there.I find the Recaros a bit hard,but could live with them if I had to.Bixenon's would be nice,not fussed wheel size.Love the liquid yellow though,saw a 2014 facelift 265 cup with 26000 kms for $27K this morning seems like good value.My preference would be a model with the most comfort and best handeling setup.Will not be used as a daily driver.

I swapped my 19s for 18" for comfort, and I have the leather normal seats (I.e. I have a trophy+). Handling wise it's much of a muchness.

I think it would be hard to not choose a trophy+ if you can find one with balance of the 5yr warranty. Or an rb8. Main reason is the xenon lights which are one of the reasons I haven't traded in for a 275! That and I found out recently that my warranty expires in 2019. That's despite being pre facelift/MY2014. Essentially any Renaultsport purchased after July 2014 got the 5yr warranty.

Shop around. It won't hurt to wait for one that's been over serviced and loved to bits. Most advertised in the classifieds section meet those criteria! I'd also get any possibility checked out by forum or personal trusted mechanics.

If you're in Sydney or see a car in Sydney then Paul V at ? AP automotive (don't know the contact details or if those names are correct) or Renotech (I've had them dry work on my car) are the go to people.

Just so you're aware a dealer purchased I think 4 ex rental 265 cup facelift for $20K with over 20000km and we're flogging them on carsales for $30K. Make sure that one you've seen isn't one of them!

BTW if you know all this please ignore the above!

Thanks for that very useful info,the car I looked at was at a dealer,so it just might be the case.AP automotive service my 182 cup,best mechanic I've ever dealt with,period.

On Recaro seats. In the case of the Clio, I believe it completes the car. I'd tip most would agree. I don't find them hard or uncomfortable on long drives. Probably the opposite. The back support is really good.

I had the rather odd experience that the first couple of long drives in the Recaros gave me a little sore back (felt like the lumbar didn't suit me), but after further exposure the sensation has gone away and not returned. I do a lot of long stints between Canberra and Sydney.

I think it's not easy to judge whether a seat suits without extended time behind the wheel.

If you buy a car with Recaros, I'd say there'd be plenty of eager people to swap out their standard seats if the buckets don't work out.

Edited by Tubbsy