New Rs Owner (Ft Renault Owner Too)

stromlo

Hi all

Figured now would be a good time to join - put pen to paper for a '16 Clio RS Sport premium this morning in liquid yellow : ) 

Delivery is around 2 weeks I am told, but I can wait a bit. Got a fair deal given the price of the '16 models just went up and I didnt want a '15 plated model.

The dealer said the RS link issues have been solved...fingers crossed - will report back obviously.

For the record, I'm 6'6" and fit in a Clio but not a Megane RS!

• Like 5

Hi guys - just curious - this is my first new car....ever and am wondering what break-in/ run-in process you guys recommend?

Still awaiting delivery timelines : /

There are threads somewhere on this but essentially make sure it doesn't idle for long periods (get any tinting and paint protection done afterward as they often leave it idling for ages, and aftermarket is usually a lot cheaper!) make sure it's up to temperature before revving beyond 3K rpm, and run it through all rev ranges, with accelerating as well as negative pressures (downhill, overrun etc). So avoid freeway runs in the first few hundred km if you can. Some suggest a few redline moments but only when well warmed up.

Babying it is bad.

• Like 1

I can feel a sickie coming on next week then...

Hi guys - finally got the car delivered today - super stoked with it! Dealer was completely incompetent (Mccarrolls sydney) - i had booked a time, but when i got there, they were all at sea, hadnt even put the plates on etc so i actually left them (after a mouthful) and came back an hour later. Anyway, the car is brilliant.

For interest - i read elsewhere in the forum that people had experienced the tank going from full to 3/4 in one go, but mine is gradually dropping. Maybe they fixed the fuel picked up in '16 builds.

Two questions though!:

- the car came with a plastic panel, loose, about 30cm x 15cm with two screw holes in the one side. The dealer had no idea where it goes or come from as all panels are accounted for. Did anyone else experience this, or know what it is for?

- The jack comes in a bag (nice) but doesnt fit in the cutout beneath the boot floor. huh, what gives?

Two questions though!:

- the car came with a plastic panel, loose, about 30cm x 15cm with two screw holes in the one side. The dealer had no idea where it goes or come from as all panels are accounted for. Did anyone else experience this, or know what it is for?

- The jack comes in a bag (nice) but doesnt fit in the cutout beneath the boot floor. huh, what gives?

The plastic panel mounts to the front bumper for the number plate, it's not really needed but it's there anyway if you don't fancy your number plate scraping the ground.

Attack the cutout in the boot floor with a craft knife until the jack fits :)

enjoy!

• Like 1

The plastic panel mounts to the front bumper for the number plate, it's not really needed but it's there anyway if you don't fancy your number plate scraping the ground.

Attack the cutout in the boot floor with a craft knife until the jack fits :)

enjoy!

Aha! Thanks mate, and for the tip re the boot foam  :wink: