New Owner From Sa

StewF

New member here from the Adelaide Hills.  After quite a bit of looking, researching, test driving, and deliberating over what to buy, today I bought a new Megane RS265 Cup to replace my current daily driver.  Hope to pick it up on Saturday morning.  To say I'm excited is an understatement.  I just hope it doesn't stop me from driving my weekend car too much.

stew

Welcome! 

What's the weekend car? 

It's funny how RenaultSports often live such different lives - some are the weekender, others do 50,000km/yr.

Cheers for the welcome.  The weekender is a 1981 Porsche 911SC. When I say weekender, I like to drive it at least 1 day during the week, as well as on the weekend.  If the weather is nice - not too hot, as it has no aircon. 

The first and last photo's were taken during a trip to Tasmania in 2014.  I was back over there in November this year with 2 other 911's (a 3.2 Carrera & a 964 Carrera 2). We drove nearly all of the Targa Tasmania stages on what were essentially deserted roads, apart from the odd farmer's utes and tourists.  The middle pic was not long after we got it.  Hence the old rego number. 

I'll post pic's of the 265 Cup when I pick it up.  I can't wait.  As I said to the guys on the Porsche forum, I'm as excited as a 10 year old with a bottle of Fanta.

IMG_4423_zps1ae2ddc5.jpg

Porsche911SC002_zps70d18568.jpg

IMG_4662_zpsa5323a6c.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Looks nice.

Thanks.  Apart from the small dent and big scratch some wanker put in it last week.  Just waiting on the SAPOL report so I can get it fixed and move on.

Welcome from another Hills dweller. Will have to keep an eye out for you. I'm in an R27. LY

I know you.