New Rs Candidate

HitmanAU

Good luck with that F1. The interior was pretty toast from the video I saw.

How bad is it in the flesh?

If a 10 is a mint condition and a 5 is a daily used but cleaned only every few months. This is easily a 2 or even a 1 (I'll go with a 1 since he was a smoker). Nevertheless for the plans I have it was the perfect pick up.

If a 10 is a mint condition and a 5 is a daily used but cleaned only every few months. This is easily a 2 or even a 1 (I'll go with a 1 since he was a smoker). Nevertheless for the plans I have it was the perfect pick up.

did you drop the price given interior is pretty worn out? 

I picked up that F1 225 in case anyone wonders what happens to it. Mechanically perfect just needed a clean and by that I mean I'm going to decontaminate it.

I'll have a build log up at some stage in the future.

Good luck on your search, let us know what you get and post some maaaad pics!!!

See you at a drive day sometime maybe.

Oh no, I can the Fernando II thread is imminent...   :mrgreen:  Well done, hopefully it will turn out just as you want it to be with some TLC!

Grey cup owner messaged me to see if I was still interested, said car had been at mechanics to get a clear bill of health. I asked him if emissions issue was fixed and if clutch sticking halfway down was still an issue, he says it's all been fixed but I'm still not sure it's worth the risk, for only $2000 more I could get a much cleaner car and if I wait I may even get a cup for that money

The red WA one looks ridiculously good value for 65K km, plus an '09 model. If it's as good as it looks, IMO it is worth the cost of freighting it back to the eastern seaboard...

The red WA one looks ridiculously good value for 65K km, plus an '09 model. If it's as good as it looks, IMO it is worth the cost of freighting it back to the eastern seaboard...

I am inclined to agree especially if he does a deal to offset some freight. Checking it out will be the only challenge but it may well be as good as it looks!!

Yeah I do but that's a long drive, especially through no mans land the Nullarbor

Plus knowing my luck I'd break down or hit a roo and end up the next wolf creek ????

It's commitment but you can always freight it . The flights to go look are the thing if it's not "the one". The seller will realise the issue and either have to sell locally or come some way to the party on logistics I think.

not sure if this is what you are after (i'm not a meg expert)

found on greys online this morning

http://www.graysonline.com/lot/0001-3403116/motor-vehiclesmotor-cycles/2005-renault-megane-sport-225-2-0ltr-turbo-126-161-manual?spr=true

hey hitman, are you going for the bid? is in Vic this one seems to be quite a deal if you got the price right.

Edited by billa

He's owned it from new, full service history, cam belt done at 90000 brakes done, brand new tyres. And very clean in pics. Hope it's as good in the flesh and I fit.

Never been in one and never driven one, I'm 6ft 1.

You'll fit fine. And you'll love it. Fingers crossed it checks out. Good luck!! Look forward to the report back :)

Drove the car. It's a phase 2 and has xenon headlights too and 18s.

Deposit is paid will pay remainder in Friday when I pick the car up.

Has had timing belt done 20000 ago, engine mounts done, bushes done, brakes done, brand new tyres.

Drove like new.

Sorry I'm being vague, very excited! Car is spotless.

It has got one small issue, the battery got replaced and now the Windows (all of them) don't go down in one press, they go down a bit then stop, then you press again and they go a bit more then stop etc etc. same for up and it happens on all 4 Windows. Easy fix?

• Like 1

I agree, you've all really made me feel welcome. The community here seem a great bunch of true enthusiasts.

Can't wait to get the Meg, even the wife and kids are excited!

Mods will have to wait for now but fire will be freeing up the intake and exhaust.

Once I get the ca I'll start a new thread :wink:

• Like 1

Not sure about the other bits, but I think xenons were standard on ph2 (someone can correct me if I'm wrong?). The other stuff was probably optioned up. You can tell a ph2 Cup from the mirror/wheel colour and cross drilled rotors.

Oh, and congrats!

Edited by hamstrung

Just wanted to say that I have really enjoyed this thread - seems a lot of people are "rooting" for you HitmanAU (old term speak I guess) so good on you for the find and score - now let the mods begin.....

It's always enjoyable following the journey with someone discovering and buying their first RS car.  It is a great forum, and some really good folks on here.  Now we can watch the mod thread and all the drive day pics, and then the next thread when Hitman gets his first Clio as well...   :popcorn:

That bit is, of course, mandatory....  :mrgreen:

Congrats Hitman, sounds like a beauty!!  Phase 2 Cup... soooooo nice.....  :drool:

Billa,

They offered me that car for $10,154 so you may be able to bargain them a bit.

585ee8286b23722b1d7eef5db792150f.jpg

Congrats Hitman, sounds like a beauty!! Phase 2 Cup... soooooo nice..... :drool:

Sadly not a cup, just a stock PH2 but I'm not fussed. My mate is Vic distributor for KW so I may get those in the future (expensive though)

Look what's in my garage[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]c0c3dcd76e2dc11867ca64334769f49f.jpg

Yeehah, woohoo!!  And looks like an interesting plate may have found its way onto her as well...  :mrgreen:

Congrats!

Yes definitely the one to buy!

• Like 1

I just got lucky, right place right time. I emailed him literally 2 minutes after he posted it online :wink:

Deposit down the next day lol

You did well. Obviously did the research so knew "the one" when you saw it. So glad you found a mint one. Always worth finding a perfect one I think even if takes a while.

Look forward to some driving impressions when you have a chance. :)