Newbie Megane 225 Sydney

ESCO225

Hey guys, my name's Sam and I am a proud owner of a 2005 Megane rs 225 as of two days ago :)

Black with factory panoramic roof and GPS unit.

Previous owner has upgraded the springs and struts to Koni springs, and has put Potenza re003's tyres on, it's great and really grippy! :)

Just looking for mods to start doing to make that handling even better as well as performance mods.

If anyone can point me as to where I should start, or know of a good air intake which would fit this model as well as a Cat-back system any advice would be appreciated.

Also is the Forge BOV the only one that fits this model? I couldn't find any other blow offs for it online.

Hope I get to meet some of you soon!

post-21022-144152492346_thumb.jpg

Edited by ESCO225

Welcome to the fold. It seems you've got a pretty good one already. My suggestion would be to leave it as it is and get to know it for a while before you dive into it with spanners, the beauty in this car is how it handles and you've already got that next to sorted with the Konis and RE003s. Spend some happy hours in the bends working out how to nail those corners.

once you get the itch though:

For $50 at your local muffler shop you can lose the back box for some modestly loud fun with a lot of burbles and pops :D

ITG pod filter kit for the induction noise.

Get yourself an RSTuner box (fastchip.nl) and a stage 1 map and you're set.

I'd be happy with that. I had a huge shopping list once and now all I want is the ITG kit, new OEM shocks and decent tyres and I'm set with my Meggy. Getting past the 300hp mark is very attractive but it certainly isn't cheap either, and for the costs involved you're never going to get big numbers out as easily as the VAG fans could in a Golf.

Welcome to the fold. It seems you've got a pretty good one already. My suggestion would be to leave it as it is and get to know it for a while before you dive into it with spanners, the beauty in this car is how it handles and you've already got that next to sorted with the Konis and RE003s. Spend some happy hours in the bends working out how to nail those corners.

once you get the itch though:

For $50 at your local muffler shop you can lose the back box for some modestly loud fun with a lot of burbles and pops :D

ITG pod filter kit for the induction noise.

Get yourself an RSTuner box (fastchip.nl) and a stage 1 map and you're set.

I'd be happy with that. I had a huge shopping list once and now all I want is the ITG kit, new OEM shocks and decent tyres and I'm set with my Meggy. Getting past the 300hp mark is very attractive but it certainly isn't cheap either, and for the costs involved you're never going to get big numbers out as easily as the VAG fans could in a Golf.

Yeah you're right, and the reason I bought it was to go around bends faster than everyone else, but still I do have that itch for more haha.

Anyone had any experience with coilovers on the 225?

And although I love that it's kind of a sleeper and not many people know what it is, I do still wanna hear the turbo spool up more and a deeper exhaust note, maybe I will do the silencer delete :)

I had a look at putting an air intake, but it seems too squished up to fit anything haha, would I have to take out the battery and put the pod like almost behind the fog lights for it to fit?

Thanks for replying btw :)

Nice pick up Sam and welcome!

You can't get any better than a black phase 1, but then again I am biased.

Cloudy has some wise words. Get to know the dynamics of your car first and then have a tinker if you're still inclined. There's a few modified 225's in the Members Rides section for research purposes [emoji6]

Nice pick up Sam and welcome!

You can't get any better than a black phase 1, but then again I am biased.

Cloudy has some wise words. Get to know the dynamics of your car first and then have a tinker if you're still inclined. There's a few modified 225's in the Members Rides section for research purposes [emoji6]

Thanks dook, haha no bias, it's the truth :wink:

But yeah you and cloudy do have a point, especially that's it's the first turbo I've owned as well, I'm just so eager for more already, got through a full tank in the first 2 days haha.

I'll definitely check out their rides. I just want more noise from it right now haha, might do a silencer delete, I just don't want a drone-y noise at low revs.

Maybe I'll start off with just an intake. Very excited to see how far I can take this project!