From Nigiri To Croissants....

Soichiro

Hey guys,

Hella newb here.

I'm Trav and have been driving, modifying and even a little tracking, Hondas for the last decade. I have recently made the huge jump into something a touch more Paris than Tokyo lol. 

I bought this Megane 225 from a member here about a week ago, attached and below:

http://ozrenaultsport.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/24122-2005-blood-orange-megane-10900-bris/

Enjoying the car a lot but would love to get out, meet some other French homies, learn more about the car and do some driving.

Currently living north Brisbane :wink:

I saw that there is a Renault Club of Qld, not sure if it is full of older guys, can anyone comment on what it is like?

Thanks anyway :)

Cheers

Trav

post-20910-0-08975100-1437020492_thumb.png

• Like 1

Hi Trav,

Welcome to the forum.  You are lucky you bought that Meg as I saw it one day and rang up - the day after you bought it.  It had just been sold - to you.

Lucky, as it would have been an impulse buy that ended up in my garage...  :D  Great looking car from the pics, and the previous owner was quite fastidious from what  can tell (and a really nice fellow to boot!).  And very low kms...  And Blood Orange - has to be my favourite.  Sooo glad really that you bought it as I would have had some serious explaining to do back at the ranch...

Cannot comment on the RCCQ as have not been involved, but keep an eye on the social section here as we are trying to get a more regular social drive day pattern happening for the Brisbane and SE area members, so like minded folks in RS cars (and friends of RS cars, and other non RS Renaults, and pretty much anything French... - even poodles are welcome...)

If you like driving in the rain, come along on one of the days I organise - they always seem to be wet days...  :(  One day we will have a dry one...  :roll:

Always welcome on a drive day, and look forward to seeing what I missed out on because I was too slow...

We are heading to the All French car day on Sunday (a few of us anyway it seems) with perhaps a bit of a drive after that if you are interested.  Otherwise, there will be another social day on some really great roads not too far away - if I can stop working long enough to organise one...

Edited by No152

Hi Trav,

Welcome to the forum.  You are lucky you bought that Meg as I saw it one day and rang up - the day after you bought it.  It had just been sold - to you.

Lucky, as it would have been an impulse buy that ended up in my garage...  :D  Great looking car from the pics, and the previous owner was quite fastidious from what  can tell (and a really nice fellow to boot!).  And very low kms...  And Blood Orange - has to be my favourite.  Sooo glad really that you bought it as I would have had some serious explaining to do back at the ranch...

Cannot comment on the RCCQ as have not been involved, but keep an eye on the social section here as we are trying to get a more regular social drive day pattern happening for the Brisbane and SE area members, so like minded folks in RS cars (and friends of RS cars, and other non RS Renaults, and pretty much anything French... - even poodles are welcome...)

If you like driving in the rain, come along on one of the days I organise - they always seem to be wet days...  :(  One day we will have a dry one...  :roll:

Always welcome on a drive day, and look forward to seeing what I missed out on because I was too slow...

We are heading to the All French car day on Sunday (a few of us anyway it seems) with perhaps a bit of a drive after that if you are interested.  Otherwise, there will be another social day on some really great roads not too far away - if I can stop working long enough to organise one...

Hey mate, thanks for the welcome. That French day sounds cool! Wish I knew about it before, I would of definitely attended. Next year I guess. Any coverage over it anywhere do you know?

I am finding that the more I read the smaller the world of Renault is in AU and I am quite lucky to of taken the plunge with my car when I did. I still cant believe I am driving around in a French car, it is definitely not what I would of foreseen for myself.  

I will do some more digging into RCCQ because some of their events do sound interesting, thanks.

I would definitely like to come for a drive. That's what cars are for right? Any idea on the next one? I have wipers, it'll be ok lol :wink:

Nice 1 Trav; many folks around here have a soft spot for that particular colour and car of course! It looks great on the R26R rims as well :cool2: Enjoy you car.

Thanks mate, I think that point was lost on me initially but I am starting to appreciate it now lol :)

• 5 weeks later...