New Clio 182 Owner In Perth

furiousgibbon

Hi, just thought I'd post an intro. My name's Mark, yesterday I picked up a very nice 2005 Clio 182 from Gezza (member here and at aussiefrogs), and I think I'm in love (with the car :wink:). I've just signed up with my own username but I've been lurking here for a while now under my friend's account.

I've been driving turbo cars for the last 10 years, my current daily is a manual 2014 FPV F6 with a few mods to make it handle properly (coilovers, wider wheels/tyres), prior to that I had a heavily modified XR5 Turbo. I just had a hankering for something pure, small, lightweight, normally aspirated. An Elise 111R was top of my list but to spend that sort of coin on a toy does not compute. Maybe one day. Clio was the sensible choice.

I've been looking for a Clio on an off for a year now since a friend started searching for one (he ended up finding something else). I always thought I'd get a 197, but the 182 is a little less modern, less insulated, more raw and basic, and a hell of a lot cheaper. Plus it just looks bloody cool especially in this colour.

I've put a couple of hundred Ks on this one since yesterday and it's a very solid example and exactly what I was after. Fingers crossed it'll be solid for a while, but I don't mind spending money on a car that I like driving. I don't have any good pics yet, just washed the car and have it in the garage ready for a round of paint correction with a DAS6 Pro (which will probably take me all weekend), new tint going on next week (bolle blue which I've had before and it's sweet on a blue car) and wheel refurb (which I'll try myself, then hand it to a pro if I fail). Once it's sorted I'll take some better pics of it.

I'm gonna take my time with this car so it doesn't get too expensive, but other than what I've mentioned already, shift linkage and exhaust bushes are priorities. The recently replaced windshield leaks a tiny bit in heavy rain so I'll get that sorted too. Also gonna get a custom fit car cover from Covercraft, I had one for my last toy (E21 323i turbocharged death trap) and it was great. 

Anyway enough rambling, thanks Gezza for being a cool bloke and selling the car to me at a great price that I hope we're both happy with (I certainly am), I will look after it better than most I promise! Thanks also to everyone who posts on this forum it's a great place with lots of good info, hope to be able to contribute back in future.

clio182_zpszfymddb5.jpg

• Like 3

Welcome to the forum Mark. I look forward to pics when you have worked a little love into the beast. They are a great looking car. I love the lines of the 182

• Like 1

Glad your enjoying it wish I had of known about it leaking, I would of gone back again for em to take it out and re-seal  :(

Cant wait to see the paintwork all cut and buffed etc  see how shiny it is  :)

Yeah you got a bargain!! but that's ok I know you will look after it :)

Enjoy and keep the thread updated Mark  :)

• Like 1

A big effort yesterday, probably 10 hours all up but a few breaks in between. I'm pretty happy with the results. When this wax wears off I'm going to have another crack at a few panels with a harsher compound and pad, but there's an all round improvement and a great gloss. Unfortunately I don't think I'll get rid of the clear coat pitting on a couple of panels without wet sanding and I don't think I'm that brave! 

I went for a long drive this morning on my favorite roads and the car is brilliant, turn-in is so sharp and it's a spritely little thing, obviously after a 310kW rocket like an F6 it's not going to feel fast, but the acceleration is eager and the throttle response is excellent. I need to liven the noise up a little though, I'm thinking ktec intake and a centre resonator delete will do the trick. 

I also want to restore the interior plastics, the gummy 'soft touch' paint they put on it (who's idea was that?!) has not stood the test of time. Will look into methods for this, but for now here's a few pics (I did a virtual wheel restoration on the first one :nod:)

clio1_zps17jaxlo6.jpg

clio4_zpsfmful9vf.jpg

clio3_zpsf8jh8ixn.jpg

clio2_zpsba4e7zvn.jpg

• Like 2

I knew I had seen that forum name somewhere before! How goes it Mark? Hows the F6 going for you?

• Like 1

hey Stef, man this internet is a small place! The F6 is going really well, clocked up 27,000km in a little over a year so far, no problems other than a split boost pipe, and the diff bushes have been shot since about 20kkm but I'll get them fixed at next service. I ran it in all rounds of last years rallysprint series and it did really well, three 10th in class placings which is respectable for a street car in the most competitive class. It almost bit me a few times though! The ridiculous thing is I got used to the power and started thinking 'it needs more'. Now as soon as I think that I'll hop in the Clio and reset my brain.

I sometimes miss the XR5 but I still get to see it cause I sold it to a mate, actually I was sitting in it yesterday and it's on 167,000km and still looks new inside! Hasn't had any problems since I sold it, that thing is solid.

Anyway back on the Clio, I took the driver's door pull trim off yesterday and tediously wet sanded all of that gummy crap off it. I read on one forum that immersing the trim in Dettol overnight can get all that stuff off, but I didn't have any so sandpaper it was. Took me a lot longer than I thought and I got impatient and went down to 80 grit which was a bad idea... anyway I sanded it smooth as well as I could up to 1000 grit and then primed and painted it in satin black. Actually turned out pretty nice, not perfect but a big improvement. I will do the passenger one next and then start on the centre console trim, but I think that climate control panel is gonna be a tricky one... 

• Like 2

had the centre resonator cut out and replaced with a straight pipe. The standard exhaust note wasn't bad, just too silent and I wanted a raspy edge to it. This ghetto mod did the trick. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRh89tal1Gc

I've also got a few parts on the way over, more noise to come with a Ramair pod filter 'kit' (includes a bracket for the Clio) and a 45 degree 70mm pipe to make 'the fatty's ktec induction alternative' (from cliosport forums). I was going to order the ktec but they didn't bother to reply to my message about shipping charges, so too bad for them. This was a fraction of the cost anyway and basically the same thing.

Also got some powerflex bushes coming to replace the knackered exhaust mounts, and finally the exciting one, a pure motorsports shifter kit. Can't wait for this, the gearshift in this car is like stirring cold porridge. Not cheap at all but hopefully worth it.

Also on the list now is a new clutch cable, and I'll probably send the steering wheel away for a retrim soon.

I got the tint done as well, looks great but I'm in the middle of fixing the rashed wheels so I'll take photos later. Going to do the wheels in satin black, I was going to paint them anthracite again but I think I'd prefer them in black. Hopefully I can actually get a decent result, so far it's not so great...  

Great resto work on the FRB! Leave the wheels Anthracite IMHO, or grab a set of silver non-cup wheels to paint black. The anthracite wheels are fairly sought after.

If you want a less "track - spec" alternative to the PMS Shifter kit, do a google for "Yanoo Stiff Shift."

The PMS kit is nice too!

I'd leave the rims anthracite if I were you - as Moosey said, fairly sought after in that colour (and it works so well with the FRB).

Edited by Tommo

+2 on the anthracite for FRB and 182 rims. If going black, buy a second set!

Have to agree here. After plasti dipping my wheels black for a year, I've now gone back to stock anthracite and loving it.

Now I just need to refurb a few gutter marks which is why I dipped in the first place.

Edited by SLUGGO33X

I saw these votes for anthracite a bit late, I've finished one wheel already and the second one has a coat of satin black drying on it right now. I'll upload pics later but if you saw the state of these wheels, they were not going to be sought after by anyone! My repairs aren't going to be professional grade either and the satin black will hide the imperfections of my work. It was either this or spending on a set of TD Race 1.2s in black (which I will probably do eventually anyway because I can't help myself).

I've seen plastidip and it's not the sort of finish I'd be happy with, it doesn't seem to wear well and ends up looking obviously rubbery. 

Thanks for the suggestion of the Yanoo shift, I did email him about it but the lead time was many weeks and he was suggesting finding a shifter from a Scenic which sounded a bit of a hack, plus the linkage in this car is really loose and sloppy all the way to the box and the PMS shifter will replace all of that. I don't mind the race car shaft length, this car won't be a stranger to the track  :wink:

Nice work, I found that soaking the plastic parts in good old hot water (not boiling, just hot from the tap) and then scrubbing with steel wool worked well for me, I've done a few sets this way and works like a charm.

• Like 1

The wheels are all done, they turned out really well, all I wanted was for them to look undamaged from a meter away and they pass that test easily. Not the sort of job I'd be keen to do again anytime soon. I'll get some good photos when the good weather returns.

Next up is the ghetto homemade intake from the cliosport forums. It consists of a ram air pod filter (which feels pretty average/fragile compared to a k&n), and a 45 degree 70mm pipe. I ordered the ram air 'kit' for the 1*2 which cost a bit more but comes with a bracket to bolt to the gearbox and special jubilee clip that I thought was probably worth a shot, better than trying to fasten with cable ties. The kit is designed for the filter to stick right out of the rubber pipe from the throttle body, which is kinda ridiculous and would be way less efficient than the stock intake. Using the 45 degree pipe puts it somewhat out of the way of the heat of the engine bay. 

I wasn't expecting anything except noise, and holy crap did I get noise. It sounds bloody unbelievable! Cruise through the burbs and you wouldn't even notice it, but open the throttle and it barks to life as though it's possessed. At the top end the intensity increases as the timing changes and it puts out one of the best sounds I've heard from a 4 cylinder. Combine that with the raspy metallic edge from the deresonated exhaust and the car just sounds spot on. When it stops raining I'll go out to my little test strip and get some comparison video.

I removed that engine cover too, the inlet manifold is too nice to cover up with a big slab of silver plastic.

I also found a little metal box of electronic snake oil hiding down under the battery. 'Vehicle Protection Systems Corrosion Inhibitor'. It was so poorly wired, the connection to battery neg was just hanging on and the hole where they've drilled it into the body of the car (from where it's supposed to work all of its anti rust magic) is slightly rusty! 'Patent Pending', yeah don't worry about that mate no one is gonna want the shame of copying such a load of crap. I bet the dealer charged a grand to add that little nugget into the sale.

PMS shifter has arrived too, first impressions are good, it's a solid piece of kit and I reckon it's gonna be well worth the cost. I saw when the car was up on the hoist for the exhaust work that the linkage was knackered all the way to the box, so I'm glad this has all the parts to replace the lot. Not sure when I'll get around to installing it, I was planning to this weekend but it's one of those rainy lazy weekends and I have a feeling I'm gonna want to go for a lot of drives!

cliointake_zpsqsis04g3.jpg

Edited by furiousgibbon
  • Like 1

Here's a short vid showing the sound of the intake on my favorite desolate road. It sounds so damn good. No need to rev the crap out of it either, half throttle and mid range revs sounds great, but when you get the option to hold it past 5200 it lets out a feral growl, love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz3LPFMcajY

I'm in the middle of modifying the exhaust mounts for the powerflex bushes. I originally just cable tied them in but then I found a thread with a clever mod to make it height adjustable, so I should be able to get the exhaust tucked up nicely in the bumper. Also did the ghetto fix on the shift gaiter with a couple of screws, so it stays put now when I select reverse!

I'll be getting some AD08Rs on in the next week or so, I'll only be driving this car on the weekend or at the track so I was considering R specs (I run NT01s on my F6 track wheels and they're great for the price) but I'd like the option of driving in the rain, and wouldn't mind a long lasting tyre. Not chasing records. 

Intake sounds good!

A new gear gaitor (leather and plastic trim included) only costs about $15 from Renault - I'd just buy a new one and do it properly :wink:

How long was the alloy bend that you bought?

oh right thanks, didn't realise they'd be so cheap! This will do for now, I might get a new one when I install the PMS shifter. Also planning on getting the wheel and maybe gaiter retrimmed by Peter in SA so I'll send him a new one with intact clips. 

The pipe is this one, with a 70mm diameter: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251414157974

Filter kit: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390542430503

It's much cheaper if you just buy the filter and figure out how to fix it to the car yourself.  I think I ended up paying an extra 20GBP for a special jubilee clip and a bracket (didn't use the other bits), but it saved me stuffing around. 

yeah very happy, I don't drive the car much but when I do I come back with a big grin on my face. It's surprisingly fast, considering how powerful my daily driver is I can still get the pulse up behind the wheel of this little Clio. It's a very rounded package, the only thing I can fault is a slow steering rack, if that was more responsive I think the car would feel perfect. 

I put an interior vid up a couple of weeks ago, crap weather/average tyres/public roads so nothing much but you can hear the intake. Microphone is clipped to rear seatbelt for a blend of exhaust/intake noise. I'm going to try to get it to the track soon and will get a proper video when I do, but quite a few things to sort first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnsqWH1RUVs

I finished the exhaust mounts last weekend, not sure I'd bother with that effort again but the results are good, pipes are tucked up nice and tight in the bumper cutouts now and can be adjusted if they start to sag.

exhaustbushes_zpsw0vhdm2h.jpg

Installed the PMS shifter yesterday. Looked like a pretty simple job in the instructions, but as always it took longer than expected and today my back and neck are feeling very sorry. Had to drop the whole exhaust from the cat back to give enough room, and calibration of the shifter was a real pain, although I think that might have been my stupidity, I was putting the box into 1st and then calibrating that as reverse. Should have been obvious when the shifter was centering on 1/2 and 5th felt the same as 3rd! 

The pivot bush and circlip gave me lots of grief too, the circlip seems to be in properly but then appears to work its way loose over time. I've got some gaffer tape over it to make sure it doesn't go anywhere and I'll have to check it occasionally. Those are Renault parts though so nothing to do with the kit. I've got the calibration mostly right except that the bottom of the shifter hits the car when you go hard into 5th. I can fix it but ... some other time. 

Shift quality is a hugely improved. The most noticeable difference is that I don't need the arms of a gibbon to change gears! The shifter location is so close that in the right-most gates you can actually reach the shift knob with your thumb still on the wheel.

The feeling into each gate is much nicer, better feedback is better and the whole thing feels less mushy. The throw between gears is just perfect. Unfortunately there is still tons of waggle in each gate, but I'm comparing it to my old RWD bimmer where the linkage went straight into the box, not through multiple pivots and a long bent shaft. 

There is lots of discussion about the rattle in these shifters and I think I've got a bad case of it, it's like a high pitched buzz and it's pretty constant, not just at freeway speeds as others have mentioned. I can probably live with it as I only drive this car once a week, but might try some dynamat around where the old sound deadening foam was.

pmsshifter_zpsl2wrlbul.jpg

Edited by furiousgibbon

• 1 month later...

I took the Clio to the track last night for the first time, to a tuning session at Barbagallo Raceway. Just happened to be pissing with rain too. Got the AD08Rs on so a little slippery but it wasn't terrifying like when I drove NT01s in similar conditions. 

I stripped the rear out of the car as well, I've got an AGI half cage coming over soon so the rear interior won't be going back in unless I have to go over the pits. 

The car went really well, I had to get a new thermostat put in at the last minute as the engine was running very cool for some reason, but the gauge still reads a bit weird so maybe the sensor is stuffed? Regardless, I took it easy and only did 4-5 laps at a time, shifted at 6k and generally gave it a bit of mechanical sympathy. I'm registered for the Rallysprint at Kwinana on the 19th, and that will probably be it for this year as a couple of things are coming up (twins) that will probably close off this particular avenue of pleasure for a while! 

A couple of vids, first one in car following a mate in his worked STI, couldn't keep up in the straights but the little Clio held its own under brakes and through corners:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WC6e1XpSKY

and one of the Clio coming down the pit straight... that noise!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny3ibYk-23s

• 3 weeks later...

round 0 (mid year) McRae Rallysprint last Sunday, entered the Clio into the 'targa west ride day' (where you can take passengers) in the morning as well as the timed rallysprint in the afternoon. Was a bit of a mess, on the way to the motorplex the car surged and cut out, the fuel gauge was 1 notch from empty and I figured being French, that might mean 'bone dry'... which it was. Luckily a mate was nearby with a jerry can and got me going again. Didn't end there though, I took some passengers for a spin and the circlip fell out of the pivot bush in the PMS shifter. I knew this could be a problem as I'd had trouble getting it installed, but luckily I'd put a bit of tape over it to stop it disappearing, so borrowed a jack and some tools and fixed it. Unfortunately on my first run in the rallysprint it fell out again and disappeared, leaving me with no first or second gear. That was it for me for the day, bloody disappointing but I got to have some fun as co-driver in my mate's STI.

I did email pure motorsport to see if there was a trick to getting the pivot bush/circlip in properly, apparently you put a socket over it and use a trolley jack to compress it in. Not something that occurred to me at the time, nice of them to put that in the instructions...

Anyway, for the minute and a half that I had all my gears, the car did pretty well and felt good. It needs coilovers though, the suspension is too soft and the car doesn't like the quick direction changes in the chicanes.

A video of my run up until the point where it went pear shaped: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ctm-tvhSagk

And a comparison video between non-competitive runs in the Clio and my FPV F6, showing that they're not that far apart despite the additional 236bhp. The F6 was on street tyres and I was still getting comfortable with it (I was much faster later in the season with r specs), but the Renault is new to me as well so I'm sure there is plenty of room for improvement! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJO1bJEHHHI

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
It's been a while since i updated this thread. Car hasn't been driven a lot, mostly because since my last post I've become a papa to twin boys who have consumed pretty much 100% of my time. I think I've put 2,000km on the clock since I bought it nearly a year ago, missed the entire rallysprint season, but I'm nearly done with the additions and upgrades and will be looking to get out in it more this year.

The AGI cage went in ok, I stripped the rear of the car, got the cage in and drilled the main support hoop in, but the rear mount points on the wheel arches didn't line up perfectly and it wasn't gonna be possible by myself. Adam from AGI sent me some pics that showed the wheel arches need to be pulled flat. Dropped the car at Racing Dynamics and they finished bolting the rear of the cage (took 3 people but it fits perfectly), and while it was there I also got them to install the BC BR coilovers, PMS solid top mounts and strut brace, camber bolts and Ferodo DS2500 pads.

Unfortunately they set the ride height so low that it was undriveable when I took it to a tuning session at RAC DTC, and I didn't bring a jack or tools to sort it on the day. Wore through the wheel arch trim and started grinding against the metal bumper bracket. I raised the ride height by 10mm and cut the bumper bracket back, and while I was at it I removed the acoustic silencer, the 3kg lump of metal under the engine mount, the 1kg of dirt and leaves stuck behind the wheel arches, and restored the cloudy passenger headlight (wet sand/polish). Still a bit of rub on the wheel arch trim (I didn't cut it so it'd give me some advance warning that it was still too low), so might lift the front another few mm, and I probably need to chuck the 5 or 10mm spacer in the rear springs to match.

The BC coilovers have been great so far, on the softest setting they're pretty good on the street. For street use I think 10 clicks out of 30 is still comfortable, but 30/30 provides incredible handling. After a dozen laps at Barbagallo it's started knocking a lot at the rear, need to look at whether it's the suspension or something else loose.

I did have all the carpets and interior trim ripped out but it felt like I was driving a rattly box trailer, so it all went back in except for the rear carpet and rear speakers. Fixed the leaky windscreen so the car doesn't fill with water when it rains. Got a boot mat that covers the area left by the reat seats. Also found the reason the car had been resprayed - the car has been hit in the passenger side so there are repairs (not great ones) to the B pillar and panel behind it where the speaker sits. After looking at the repairs closely I'm glad I put the cage in.

I also threw in a Kenwood X700BT head unit so I can listen to tunes on the way to the track, or take a phone call. The front speakers put out surprisingly decent sound, and with the trim back and carpets back in I no longer get a headache, so it's a great weekend toy. Oh I also had the leaky aircon fixed and regassed so now it's cold as ice. I also fixed the engine running cool simply by unplugging the temp sensor and cleaning the contacts. Now it properly detects that the engine has warmed up and lets me rev to 7k+, but I find that shifting at 6800 seems more effective.

Also picked up a padlockable 120L storage container that holds my helmet, axle stands, trolley jack, 10L jerry can, cameras, work lamp, inflator/deflator, first aid kit and all the other crap I need for a day at the track. Strapped it in through the harness eyelets so it stays put.

After all this, the car is finally what I had hoped it would be. Seats and harnesses are next on the list and the steering wheel needs to be retrimmed, but I've spent a decent amount so far so I'm just gonna get out and drive it. The session at Barbagallo last week was awesome, the car is properly quick and I know there's more in it. Cornering grip is huge, the AD08Rs great, silent on the street, perfectly capable in wet weather but amazing grip in the dry and very mild wear. I thought I'd want an RSTuner to fill in the low/mid range but I'm thinking of keeping the engine tune stock, I love the 5k kick and change in sound. It's never going to be a record breaker but it's bloody good fun.

So, here's how it looks:

Sitting low (too low, before I raised the front 10mm!)

front_zpsemjtqlfc.jpg

My mate calls it the Clio 182 'Club Sport' 

clioboot1_zpsbnojykjn.jpg

With the track box:

DSC04477_zpsib1bkgwc.jpg

And here's how it drives on track (Barbagallo raceway):

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

The wheels are all done, they turned out really well, all I wanted was for them to look undamaged from a meter away and they pass that test easily. Not the sort of job I'd be keen to do again anytime soon. I'll get some good photos when the good weather returns.

Next up is the ghetto homemade intake from the cliosport forums. It consists of a ram air pod filter (which feels pretty average/fragile compared to a k&n), and a 45 degree 70mm pipe. I ordered the ram air 'kit' for the 1*2 which cost a bit more but comes with a bracket to bolt to the gearbox and special jubilee clip that I thought was probably worth a shot, better than trying to fasten with cable ties. The kit is designed for the filter to stick right out of the rubber pipe from the throttle body, which is kinda ridiculous and would be way less efficient than the stock intake. Using the 45 degree pipe puts it somewhat out of the way of the heat of the engine bay. 

I wasn't expecting anything except noise, and holy crap did I get noise. It sounds bloody unbelievable! Cruise through the burbs and you wouldn't even notice it, but open the throttle and it barks to life as though it's possessed. At the top end the intensity increases as the timing changes and it puts out one of the best sounds I've heard from a 4 cylinder. Combine that with the raspy metallic edge from the deresonated exhaust and the car just sounds spot on. When it stops raining I'll go out to my little test strip and get some comparison video.

I removed that engine cover too, the inlet manifold is too nice to cover up with a big slab of silver plastic.

I also found a little metal box of electronic snake oil hiding down under the battery. 'Vehicle Protection Systems Corrosion Inhibitor'. It was so poorly wired, the connection to battery neg was just hanging on and the hole where they've drilled it into the body of the car (from where it's supposed to work all of its anti rust magic) is slightly rusty! 'Patent Pending', yeah don't worry about that mate no one is gonna want the shame of copying such a load of crap. I bet the dealer charged a grand to add that little nugget into the sale.

PMS shifter has arrived too, first impressions are good, it's a solid piece of kit and I reckon it's gonna be well worth the cost. I saw when the car was up on the hoist for the exhaust work that the linkage was knackered all the way to the box, so I'm glad this has all the parts to replace the lot. Not sure when I'll get around to installing it, I was planning to this weekend but it's one of those rainy lazy weekends and I have a feeling I'm gonna want to go for a lot of drives!

cliointake_zpsqsis04g3.jpg

Car looks awesome. Great read!

This intake idea really appeals to me, have ordered the bits  :mrgreen:. How long was your 90 degree piece of pipe btw? I trust the whole setup has lasted without issue since you did it. 

Looking forward to any updates.

Cheers

Edited by alastair

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for the slow reply I didn't realise your post was here.

I just had a look at the ebay link where I bought the 90 degree pipe and it said leg length is 150mm, which I think is a measurement of 1 axis, so it would be 150mm each way. It's all still working fine and sounding awesome, but the special jubilee clip snapped where it bolts to bracket that goes to the gearbox. I got a thick cable tie and tied it around the bracket and the pipe/jubilee clip and now it stays in place while allowing a bit of movement when the gearbox rocks back and forth. If it wasn't ghetto enough before, cable ties. 

Edited by furiousgibbon
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

another session at Barbagallo last night, car felt really good, still rubbing the wheel arch trim a bit which is frustrating, as I've raised the ride height quite a lot and cut back the bumper support brackets too. Didn't feel like I had to back off in the corners though like it did last time. Unfortunately the engine let go when I went out for one last run before going home, so it'll be parked up for a while. Might start a new thread for its mechanical resurrection, but for now here is a vid of two of my better laps of the night.

Rest up little Clio.

another session at Barbagallo last night, car felt really good, still rubbing the wheel arch trim a bit which is frustrating, as I've raised the ride height quite a lot and cut back the bumper support brackets too. Didn't feel like I had to back off in the corners though like it did last time. Unfortunately the engine let go when I went out for one last run before going home, so it'll be parked up for a while. Might start a new thread for its mechanical resurrection, but for now here is a vid of two of my better laps of the night.

https://youtu.be/X1wwe2GM8zQ

Rest up little Clio.

That's not good. What was it that let go? I thought these engines were supposed to be tough.

The tyre rubbing issue is a pain. I have the same problem with standard tyres.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk