Happy Days!

tarzant

Hi all,

Just today took delivery of my new red Clio RS Cup and couldn't be more happy. Was 3 weeks ago I went for a test drive and had the most fun in a car I've had in a long time. The salesman really let me rip into it with gusto =D I was hooked. Wasn't really wanting to buy a new car at that point, just trying them out ( I also drove a pug 208 gti and a citreon ds3 sport that day, totally skipping the fiesta St as it seemed too average looking IMO). After a week of dreaming of driving the RS every day, I pulled the trigger and now I am the proud owner of a flame red RS Cup. Looking forward to many years of enjoyable driving.

P.S last car was a 2012 Kia rio, loved the little thing but needed to break out of the mediocrity of most peoples driving experience =D

post-20630-0-93353800-1427992616_thumb.jpg

Hi Earl(?)

Yeah. The Clio cup is actually to replace my current 205gti which I have dearly loved for the past 8 years. When it broke down a few weeks ago (fair enough for a 25 yo car) much wife suggested I look at getting a new car through salary packaging at work. It was a bit hard to un think that. Started off looking at the polo gti and Toyota 86 but we left the Clio to last. I think we already knew that was the one. My wife also insisted on the cup because of the black wheels. But yeah before that I've had a Laguna station wagon and a pug 206 as well.

I feel like I might have seen you at lutwyche yesterday/day before.. I was in the white RS

More than likely ???? Already done 1500 k's over the weekend. I've been all over the place playing with my new toy

Welcome Tarzant. Great purchase story! Where are you located?

Brisbane, Northside. Still think it was a bad/good idea to get the car just before Easter weekend. Spent more time in the car than out haha

Hi all,

Just today took delivery of my new red Clio RS Cup and couldn't be more happy. Was 3 weeks ago I went for a test drive and had the most fun in a car I've had in a long time. The salesman really let me rip into it with gusto =D I was hooked. Wasn't really wanting to buy a new car at that point, just trying them out ( I also drove a pug 208 gti and a citreon ds3 sport that day, totally skipping the fiesta St as it seemed too average looking IMO). After a week of dreaming of driving the RS every day, I pulled the trigger and now I am the proud owner of a flame red RS Cup. Looking forward to many years of enjoyable driving.

P.S last car was a 2012 Kia rio, loved the little thing but needed to break out of the mediocrity of most peoples driving experience =D

I read your post with interest. I too have a 2012 Rio (SLi) and am also looking to move to something more sporty and fun to drive. The Clio RS Cup and The new Polo GTi will be up the top of the consideration list. haven't test driven any yet... and like you I reckon I will skip the Fiesta based on "boring and bland" looks. It's a cheap hot hatch and looks a cheap hot hatch. Some say the Polo GTi is boring but I feel it's just more conservative and has a more refined feel and look. It certainly doesn't look cheap. I also like the look of the Alfa Romeo Mito QV but reviews show it's only a luke warm hatch. Which I'm guessing is exactly what the Pug and Citroen are.

Love to see some pics of you car....Enjoy :)

Col

I read your post with interest. I too have a 2012 Rio (SLi) and am also looking to move to something more sporty and fun to drive. The Clio RS Cup and The new Polo GTi will be up the top of the consideration list. haven't test driven any yet... and like you I reckon I will skip the Fiesta based on "boring and bland" looks. It's a cheap hot hatch and looks a cheap hot hatch. Some say the Polo GTi is boring but I feel it's just more conservative and has a more refined feel and look. It certainly doesn't look cheap. I also like the look of the Alfa Romeo Mito QV but reviews show it's only a luke warm hatch. Which I'm guessing is exactly what the Pug and Citroen are.

Love to see some pics of you car....Enjoy :)

Col

Col, test drive a Clio 3 200 year 2010 to 2012 before you pull the trigger.

Twisty road compulsory!

• Like 1

Yeah, the Pug, Mito etc. are nice cars but are only 'warm' hatches as you point out.

Before I bought my Renault I went for a drive in a new Alfa Giuletta and was tempted mainly due to the looks & roominess of the car but it did not have the 'punch' of the Clio.

• Like 1

Took a Cup Premium for drive today and was wowed lol..... it certainly has the goods for driving. And was pleasantly surprised how comfy the drive was when not racing around.

The only negative I can see for this car is that it is quite small .... and coming from a Kia Rio that IS something...smaller than the Rio and very little storage. Those cup holders in The Clio are absolutely useless.

I am torn between the pure driving pleasure and something that has a bit more practicality. Can't just the extra money for a Megane RS. I also drove a Kia ProCeed GT to see the difference and whilst the power difference is obvious the actual road handling is not much different at all. The GT handles very well indeed and for the same price as the Cup Premium vs (GT Tech) you get a whole lot of kit and extra room.

Took a Cup Premium for drive today and was wowed lol..... it certainly has the goods for driving. And was pleasantly surprised how comfy the drive was when not racing around.

The only negative I can see for this car is that it is quite small .... and coming from a Kia Rio that IS something...smaller than the Rio and very little storage. Those cup holders in The Clio are absolutely useless.

I am torn between the pure driving pleasure and something that has a bit more practicality. Can't just the extra money for a Megane RS. I also drove a Kia ProCeed GT to see the difference and whilst the power difference is obvious the actual road handling is not much different at all. The GT handles very well indeed and for the same price as the Cup Premium vs (GT Tech) you get a whole lot of kit and extra room.

The Proceed GT is (in my opinion) as very decent car and, if you are not after the penultimate road/track car, I could completely understand somebody buying one. They look great, and I was surprised how good a drive it was.  At the limit though, it's not a Megane RS...not much is. Damn good car though.

• Like 1

The Proceed GT is (in my opinion) as very decent car and, if you are not after the penultimate road/track car, I could completely understand somebody buying one. They look great, and I was surprised how good a drive it was. At the limit though, it's not a Megane RS...not much is. Damn good car though.

Why would anyone want the second worst road/track car? :wink:

Why would anyone want the second worst road/track car? :wink:

Where do you get that information from?..... from all the reviews and even from the drive I had it handles as well as any hot hatch without the same level of power.... and when you live in suburbia power is not the be all and end all.

Where do you get that information from?..... from all the reviews and even from the drive I had it handles as well as any hot hatch without the same level of power.... and when you live in suburbia power is not the be all and end all.

See comment above, it was a joke and a reference to incorrect word usage :)