NEW OzRS FORUM

Bremund

• 1 month later...

So its been 8 months now since the change, and maybe its just me, but is enyone else seeing frequent broken links to avatars and site supporter logo's in the user panes? The whole thing just seems like its still a patchwork.

Also whats with the Invisionzone.com? Why can't we have it back to ozrenaultsport.net?

I know I keep harping on, but I'm really hating the new site. Maybe I'm too old for change... soon I'll be waving a Baguette at newcomers croaking pleasantisms about OzRS back "in myyyyyy dayy!" :lol:

• Like 2

So its been 8 months now since the change, and maybe its just me, but is enyone else seeing frequent broken links to avatars and site supporter logo's in the user panes? The whole thing just seems like its still a patchwork.

Also whats with the Invisionzone.com? Why can't we have it back to ozrenaultsport.net?

I know I keep harping on, but I'm really hating the new site. Maybe I'm too old for change... soon I'll be waving a Baguette at newcomers croaking pleasantisms about OzRS back "in myyyyyy dayy!" :lol:

or even ozrenaultsport.com would be fine ;p

The whole way you've got to start at the top of the page instead of always getting to the actual post you linked is a PITA as well.

The look is nicer and the editor is better, unless you want to use IE or Edge.

I wonder about this a lot, why we've got a nice .com domain and instead am using a .invisionzone.com domain. It makes the forum feel a bit less official and mature, the same way I cringe whenever I see a SMB using a @gmail.com address. If we are still working on the data from the old forum would it not make sense to move it either a subdomain or an isolated server with the HOSTS file spoofing the main domain?

Other than that though I'm pretty happy with the work put into the new forum.

• 1 month later...

Ha ha ... I never realised (until this morning) that the green box next to each thread takes you to the 'first unread post' in that thread! I'm posting my ignorance because I've previously ranted about having to scroll down screens of 'read' posts to get to the new one and no one has pointed this out ... maybe others are unaware of that function too?? 

• 2 weeks later...

What he said^

Amateurish at best. Still broken photo links everywhere.. Sorry.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi my name is Donna and I just wanted to drop you a quick note here instead of calling you. I discovered your NEW OzRS FORUM - Website Feedback - OzRenaultSport page and noticed you could have a lot more traffic. I have found that the key to running a successful website is making sure the visitors you are getting are interested in your niche. There is a company that you can get targeted visitors from and they let you try their service for free for 7 days. I managed to get over 300 targeted visitors to day to my site. [sPAMBOT LINK Removed by ADMIN]

We should actually try to get their contact details and then all ring up posing as different customers and waste HEAAAPS of their time .........

We should actually try to get their contact details and then all ring up posing as different customers and waste HEAAAPS of their time .........

But we could probably get ourselves 300 targeted visits for free just by joining a VW forum with username OZRS and sledging the Golf! Ha ha ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You're putting off our new members! Viki from Slovenia sounds very nice. LOL ...

Well, she didn't send a picture of hereself or her tractor (Russian?), so what's a bloke to do. ????

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It's getting embarrassing now ... but I still keep getting the error saying that I can't 'like' any more posts (sometimes I can, sometimes I can't) . The whole point is to acknowledge that you've seen a post/response and like it, rather than writing yet another post. I'm sure I don't like that many things in relation to others. Any chance of checking what's going on?   

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hi Bremund ... the new YouTube handling is great (i.e. not having to us the BB code) ... however is seems to have killed the old links. For example the Evo thread. 

http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/index.php?/topic/21020-the-evotv-thread/page-3

Somebody should be able to write a few line script to convert all the old pages:

''' Fix all old youtube links

for l in post.lines:

if line.trim(l) == ytpostlen:

l.insert(0,"https:///youtube.com/watch?v=")

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Can I politely suggest that the donate button is made a bit more obvious?

Maybe change it to yellow? Or blue? Just that it blends into the other items in the sidebar and is easy to miss.

You never know, if it is a bit more visible you may end up getting more in the way of spontaneous donations :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Don't know if it(apostrophe omitted)s just because how special Moosey

is or if it(apostrophe omitted)s for all admins and maybe moderators (we'll assume the former)(comma omitted) but apparently no other user is allowed to appear on the same line after Moosey

(apostrophe omitted)s name(full stop omitted) Even the poor comma doesn't get a look in until the second line(full stop omitted) Does Moosey

feel he is better than punctuation (question mark omitted)

See attached picture below for reference(full stop omitted)

post-16786-0-44430300-1476167394_thumb.png

Edited by Treza360
  • Like 1

Don't know if it(apostrophe omitted)s just because how special Moosey

is or if it(apostrophe omitted)s for all admins and maybe moderators (we'll assume the former)(comma omitted) but apparently no other user is allowed to appear on the same line after Moosey

(apostrophe omitted)s name(full stop omitted) Even the poor comma doesn't get a look in until the second line(full stop omitted) Does Moosey

feel he is better than punctuation (question mark omitted)

See attached picture below for reference(full stop omitted)

attachicon.gifUntitled.png

If it's any consolation, you're not allowed to 'like' Moosey' or any of the other Administrators. :)  

• 2 months later...

What has changed that you don't seem to be able to upload pictures to Gallery any more (at least I can't)? I used to upload them and then select and post a link to them if I wanted to use them in a post. I don't use flickr, or the like, and don't particularly want to. Perhaps I am doing something wrong, as I haven't been able to upload pictures for a while. Any advice/help will be appreciated.  :wink:

What has changed that you don't seem to be able to upload pictures to Gallery any more (at least I can't)? I used to upload them and then select a link to them if I wanted to use them in a post. I don't use flickr, or the like, and don't particularly want to. Perhaps I am doing something wrong, as I haven't been able to upload pictures for a while. Any advice/help will be appreciated.  :wink:

Any ideas?

Any ideas?

Google+ management said "No" and you can't do this anymore. There's no way to link to an image with a .jpg .png extension as far as I know anymore. It renders G+ useless for technical work.

Looking through their settings I find "Welcome to the new Google+. Follow amazing things made by passionate people" but it just seems that you can't.

The hack would be to allow .jpg content from https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/...

such that urls like https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/4O-oiQgPVcqC_9N-q9GQSrvXhmARvWPQN0SNPMI5mbWmguZnynt8QYkTHRpQDzf6cbYAUTKTKFM2FA would be allowed.

• 3 years later...