Newbie with a Newbie RS265 :)

LittleCreatures

Hey all,

Bit of a newbie here.

Brought myself an RS265 about 5 weeks ago and I've never been so happy with a car.

My last 2 cars have been Rex's & I was over them, wanted something new & fresh that didn't look like Homer Simpsion had designed. I can't stand the back end of the new ones & those mags on the new WRX look woeful!

The RS has just been a breath of fresh air, it isn't just how they drive or handle (And aren't they fun to drive!) But just little things like the car turning itself off at the lights to save petrol or when you spray a bit of water with the whippers it does a couple of swipes then waits for 5 or so seconds & does one last one. People have actually thought about little things in this car.

I love how these things rev, so much top end when the Rex would be falling off power this thing is just starting don't get me wrong the Rexy had awesome mid range power but I love how these things push past 5,000RPM & just monster then next thousand. The sound of these things (especially in sport mode) with the little rumblings when you back off the power. Oh and those Brembo's sooo nice & then there is that chassis & front diff. :hyper:

Who would've thought I'd be driving a French car in 2014 if you'd asked me 5 years ago I'd have said you were mad :P

Anyway just wanted to drop in and say hello & share some of my joy lol

G'day mate and welcome! Yep these things are awesome. Spend $100 and have the centre resonator removed - best $$$ for giggles you'll ever spend. Scaring random pedestrians with ear splitting bangs on full throttle gear changes is hilarious!

Hey all,

Bit of a newbie here.

Brought myself an RS265 about 5 weeks ago and I've never been so happy with a car.

My last 2 cars have been Rex's & I was over them, wanted something new & fresh that didn't look like Homer Simpsion had designed. I can't stand the back end of the new ones & those mags on the new WRX look woeful!

The RS has just been a breath of fresh air, it isn't just how they drive or handle (And aren't they fun to drive!) But just little things like the car turning itself off at the lights to save petrol or when you spray a bit of water with the whippers it does a couple of swipes then waits for 5 or so seconds & does one last one. People have actually thought about little things in this car.

I love how these things rev, so much top end when the Rex would be falling off power this thing is just starting don't get me wrong the Rexy had awesome mid range power but I love how these things push past 5,000RPM & just monster then next thousand. The sound of these things (especially in sport mode) with the little rumblings when you back off the power. Oh and those Brembo's sooo nice & then there is that chassis & front diff. :hyper:

Who would've thought I'd be driving a French car in 2014 if you'd asked me 5 years ago I'd have said you were mad :P

Anyway just wanted to drop in and say hello & share some of my joy lol

hi... we are in the same situation, i sold my STi Spec C and got a 265 instead... much more refinement and cant agree less with you... the RS is more civilised, but you got the power when you need it.... love the exhaust 'brup brup' on the overrun so much... well i hope the engine is as just as bulletproof as the EJ20 engine we had in the Scoobies.... :D

G'day mate and welcome! Yep these things are awesome. Spend $100 and have the centre resonator removed - best $$$ for giggles you'll ever spend. Scaring random pedestrians with ear splitting bangs on full throttle gear changes is hilarious!

hmmmm i am thinking of doing it too.... will it have too much droning inside the car during cruising? well, i got a Milltek Catback but i want slightly more deep note... also i want to know, if changing the downpipe will cause boost spike?

hi... we are in the same situation, i sold my STi Spec C and got a 265 instead... much more refinement and cant agree less with you... the RS is more civilised, but you got the power when you need it.... love the exhaust 'brup brup' on the overrun so much... well i hope the engine is as just as bulletproof as the EJ20 engine we had in the Scoobies.... :D

Yeah zzt pretty much the same dude although I didn't have an STi (wish I had) but the same year model as yours.

And yes mate lets hope they they are as solid as the EJ20 engine they can take a flogging! Although for the last year or so I was constantly getting an engine light coming on which they could never diagnose.

I reckon the engines in the RS will be pretty good though man I don't think they would be offering a 5 year unlimited km Warranty otherwise. :)