RS250 Trophee

bronald

Hi all,

Just a quick hello!

Recently picked up a RS250 Cup Trophee, white with a black exterior package, 18s & leather Recaros - personally my favourite colour/spec combo. I didn't realise Trophees came with black accents (instead of Grey), maybe it was a factory option at the time? Who knows...

Either way glad to be out of my oil-using VAG vehicle and into the Megane. I drove one as Motoring press back in 2011 and was blown away by the performance VS price. Also old mate F1 Driver Buddy speaks so highly about Renaults, so I just had to get one!

Already got a bunch of great info from here, I have to come along to a Syd meet soon.

Things done so far:

- K&N Panel

- Mid-muffler delete

- Detail in&out

- Stubby aerial

- LEDs in parkers / license plate

To do:

- RStuner

- Black roof

- tyres

- brakes

- drive it more!

Ta!

835A6262_zps781e5b53.jpg

835A6271_zps02204d3b.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome bronald! Assuming you're of bronald mcdonald fame from elsewhere on the interwebz?

Nice 250!

Welcome! 18s + Recaros = win!

What year is your Megane? Our Trophee is a 12' with the black highlights instead of grey but the Trophee comes with 19's.
When I was looking at a new one, black highlights and 18"s were both no-cost options for the Trophee.

Ok cool. I didn't know there were any options with the Trophee. We test drove an AGP LE on 18's but when Matt described the Trophee and having everything we grabbed it. Plus it was already sitting on the wharf awaiting pickup.

Haha. Ok then so the Trophee we got was fully optioned with everything.

I thought that's what a Trophee came with standard over a Cup that you could option up with the goodies.

Well at least that's how it was described to me. And I haven't seen any different till this 1 came up.

Welcome! Love the spec! Recaros and 18's is the perfect combo in my opinion :)

Thanks mate - I think so too.

Welcome along Bronald.

What year is your Megane? Our Trophee is a 12' with the black highlights instead of grey but the Trophee comes with 19's.

She is a 2011 model!

Welcome bronald! Assuming you're of bronald mcdonald fame from elsewhere on the interwebz?

Nice 250!

Hey mate, that would be me. I think I've seen you around JDMST, if not, Bookface - You live / friends with Stew? Cheers btw!

Welcome! 18s + Recaros = win!
When I was looking at a new one, black highlights and 18"s were both no-cost options for the Trophee.

This explains a lot - ta!

Eh? On the Trophee you had choice of grey or black highlights and 18s or 19s at no cost, leather Recaros were a $2k option over fabric Recaros, front parking sensors were $700?, xenons were $1-1.5k.

http://www.renault.com.au/brochures/REN ... ochure.pdf

Nice to see mine was optioned up, front sensors, directional xenons, leather etc :D

Welcome, love the ride and nice list of mods you have on the go!

Cheers! I don't think these cars need too much - they just need a good driver. That will come with time, though!

Nice colour combo, personal favourite (the other half has it on her Dualis, white, black roof and other parts). FYI there is a drive day on this Sunday the 20th July if you’re keen

I may check that thread out, thanks for the heads up! I'm not a fan of yellow too much, white is easy no-fuss duco and doesn't show imperfections too much. Yellow is acceptable if it's on a VL turbo :wink:

Nice 250!

Hey mate, that would be me. I think I've seen you around JDMST, if not, Bookface - You live / friends with Stew? Cheers btw!

Yeah, that'd be me - probably on IG too (autofocusaus, harrassing buddyr27 etc). Hope to catch up for a drive soon!

Nice 250!

Yeah, that'd be me - probably on IG too (autofocusaus, harrassing buddyr27 etc). Hope to catch up for a drive soon!

Ah yes, I've seen you around through work too. We look after Audi Aus social accounts, seen you posting and tagging from AutoFocus there :wink:

We do need to catch up for a drive, mate. With the Wolf of Willoughby F1-driver.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Strange enough as it is, I actually bought another one of these nearly two years on!

My white one was rear ended so that sort of sucked.

Anyway, lunar grey FTW

post-19621-146823837265_thumb.jpg

All I've done so far is debadge it and let RenoTech upgrade the engine/gearbox mounts, timing belt, water pump, all fluids (trans etc), rbf600, and a few other nick nacks.

Two years on it's just as good as I remember it to be!

• Like 3

I don't usually like grey cars but it just works on Meg IIIs! Nice one. Any other plans for it?