Sneaky spamming attacks and posting eligibility

Verve

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kirbromer... suptoys???

They may be legit, the email address looks OK, keeping an eye on them though.

The website doesn't exist so no harm there.

pretty sure timgrots is a spammer ............what the fook is babyfons? :lol: ....................and yes, i do have too much time on my hands :lol:

Yes Brendan you do have too much time on your hands :shock:

Total posts: 1188

[2.05% of total / 6.67 posts per day]

PS Thanks for pointing out another one :mrgreen:

garry_garry ...............is pretty sus

Agreed :mrgreen: gone

***A REMINDER***

http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/forum/vie ... 0452#60452

Re: Warning! Anyone can peep at sites you visit!

e.sport

Administrateur

Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:01 am

***PLEASE DO NOT CLICK UNLESS THIS IS VERIFIED BY ADMIN***

Have made this now a sticky.

We have had of late a number of threads/posts to sites/links that a dubious as well as, in some cases terminal to your computer and this very site!

Many thanks to all that have contributed. We are a diligent lot so if you come across any further infringement that we do not come across first... please PM us

Regards,

e.sport - OzRenaultsport Admin.

Since I think alot of this spam is caused by bots, I have modified some of the forum to try and stop the bot type spammers, so hopefully we can cut it down quite a bit, it won't however stop human spammers just yet!

Please keep posting to this thread if you still notice them popping up however.

Cheers

ex

Is there a possibility that membership can be moderated? Is this something the admins have time to do?

Sometimes a human just can't be beat.

Failing that, is there a mechanism where

a) a verification process happens - ie mail to specified email address of a passcode to continue registration.

b) a time delay on registration is put in place, ie 15 minutes before a new user can post immediately after registration.

I know it's a bit of a drag, but after the bandwidth issues the site has been having of late, It would at least slow the 'real tinned ham' bots down.

I just though of a little idea that gives us a bit of information about the members and also would eliminate the spammers. How about we have a little survey say a few questions at the most, perhaps, like...

What car do you own?

Colour of car?

In what state are you located? etc..

if its a seperate survey say that gets emailed to you after you've registered then this adds another step before you can post.

Perhaps we could add the car information to the avatar info ,like the location etc...

And only after you've completed this survey (and answered all questions in the survey) can you post.

therefore, computer programmed spammers will stumble at this part.

Just my 2c.