Useless Facts - stuff you learn AFTER you own the car

Teki04

Funny my 2002 172 has no issues flashing high beams when head lights are on. Are you guys ok? Or am missing something here? I pull the stalk and on they come just before the main switch to high beam latches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The way they work on the 172 I believe changes if you have them in auto (ie. stalk is in off position) vs having the headlights manually on.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny my 2002 172 has no issues flashing high beams when head lights are on. Are you guys ok? Or am missing something here? I pull the stalk and on they come just before the main switch to high beam latches.

The way they work on the 172 I believe changes if you have them in auto (ie. stalk is in off position) vs having the headlights manually on.

+1

The behaviour of the stalk changes when the headlight siwtch is in the 0 or auto position, to when the stick is in the headlight on position. on auto there is no latch, the headlights just go on high beam, when the switch is set to on, you get to the first stage which flashes (which feels the same as when you pull back with the lights on auto), then there is a latch as per normal.

Speed limiter in the 265 can't be used whilst driving in sport mode. It will return the car to normal if you activate the limiter.

This.

Plus how to operate rear window spray

Plus how to match dual zone by pressing auto.

All stuff I have learnt at the three year ownership mark.

Thanks forumers.

Pah......we could just read the handbooks to find this out but as males we don't need to, or have the time to........ha ha

I've also discovered holding the "auto" button and altering the temp changes them together......I do have big hands/fingers so doesn't feel awkward to me.

+1

The behaviour of the stalk changes when the headlight siwtch is in the 0 or auto position, to when the stick is in the headlight on position. on auto there is no latch, the headlights just go on high beam, when the switch is set to on, you get to the first stage which flashes (which feels the same as when you pull back with the lights on auto), then there is a latch as per normal.

OK ... more research conducted this morning and what's above is correct, the behaviour changes when not in auto mode. In manual it acts as you expect it to, you pull the stalk and the lights come on - then pull further and it latches (well defined, no delicacy required). However, in auto mode it appears to mechanically block (rather agricultural :shock: ) the stalk from moving back the full distance.

I can sort of see how the stalk logic could become a bit challenging with the inclusion of the auto lights ... but it wouldn't have been that hard to overcome.

• 4 months later...
This is more to do with my OCD but it bugs me how the passenger temp doesn't change with the driver temp when climate control is changed. I know you can set them the same by pressing the auto button for a few secs.

What confuses me more is that in the Fluence (and I assume maybe lower end Meganes) the climate control in there specifically has a button to turn off dual mode so it changes together...

• 1 year later...