Useless Facts - stuff you learn AFTER you own the car

Teki04

what bin under the pass seat ? :]

the meggy has 2 cool bins in the floor in front of the seats . great to hide stuff

and love the radio control stalk on the column . didnt know about that either when ordered the car .

off marque.... havent had the evo since easter [ its getting riced ] but the forum rumour is theres a drink holder in the seat base ...i didnt know about that . it might be a forum hoax but will check it out when the cars back .

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't leave coins on the passenger seat when driving. They slide down under the backrest and end up inside the seat :shock: Luckily I managed to get the coins out and also found a couple of business cards the previous owner had "lost".

Don't leave coins on the passenger seat when driving. They slide down under the backrest and end up inside the seat :shock: Luckily I managed to get the coins out and also found a couple of business cards the previous owner had "lost".

If you want to find money, take off the plastic base around the handbrake - we found $12 in there in the Bullet! :shock:

If you want to find money, take off the plastic base around the handbrake - we found $12 in there in the Bullet! :shock:

Thats almost as much as you paid for the car!

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Put an opened full can of coke in the "cup holders" the other day on the way to work. A rav 4 tried to have and go and I replied. The can fell over, I missed second because I was freaking out that the contents of the can were filling up the cup holders. I lost to the rav 4, most embarrasing. I had to go into work and get about 100 napkins to soak the coke up. At least I know the holders are watertight!

This happened to me within the first 10 mins of owning the car.

I was sure it was my fault for mistaking something else for a cup holder

alas...

And i've been trying to figure out how the 'cooled glovebox' worked since i got the car.

this is the best thread on the forum.

• 3 months later...

AHaha As for me I found out today that my Clio still had the clear plastic protective wrap on the door sills. Ripped it off, Nice and clean, happy Me :wink:

My '05 build still has these on the sills. They are peeling at the edge, wasn't sure if they were meant to come off or stay on :lol:

This thread is essential reading for new RS owners!

AHaha As for me I found out today that my Clio still had the clear plastic protective wrap on the door sills. Ripped it off, Nice and clean, happy Me :wink:

My '05 build still has these on the sills. They are peeling at the edge, wasn't sure if they were meant to come off or stay on :lol:

This thread is essential reading for new RS owners!

I've left mine on so that if I ever come to sell the car they'll just add to the "mintness" 8)

• 2 months later...

This thread been a tad dead for a few months so thought I'd add.

Some 'ker in a sh*theap EF falcon was speeding around a roundabout end of my street, lost it and began to cross the centre line head on with me. Couldn't swerve as there was a lady walking there who began to flail her arms and scream at the impending doom. I then put the window up and realised how well the car drowns out screams....

Hehehe, no, what happened was that I hit the anchors, hard. Then the hazard lights started flashing real quick. Cool, didn't know it did that!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

My last car (Fiat) had plain ol' AC rather than Climate Control. Loving the CC in the Megane II 225 Cup except for one thing. I really wish the recirc would stay on rather than being off every time I start the car. Is there any way to change the default or make that setting sticky? I drive around inner city Melbourne a lot and it's smelly. I'd rather not be inhaling other ppl's exhaust... Apart from this, having the CC set to 20 degrees and Auto is just dandy.

Loving the CC in the Megane II 225 Cup except for one thing. I really wish the recirc would stay on rather than being off every time I start the car.

The air con in the Megane is great, but the biggest let-down for me is the lack of a simple OFF button. This means you manually need to turn off the A/C, fan, and temp if you don't want warm air blowing in.

The Clio II has this, the Megane doesn't. I much prefer the Clio version.

Polarising sunnies make you see rainbows in the RSC's windscreen, no doubt due to the metalic content of the windscreen.

And they make the radio display disapear when you tilt your head...

Loving the CC in the Megane II 225 Cup except for one thing. I really wish the recirc would stay on rather than being off every time I start the car.

The air con in the Megane is great, but the biggest let-down for me is the lack of a simple OFF button. This means you manually need to turn off the A/C, fan, and temp if you don't want warm air blowing in..

That's weird.. although I always have the fan on in my car as I like the airflow, even when driving inner city. I guess you can just put the temperature high enough that the A/C won't kick in? Can't remember how my Forester CC used to work.

The air con in the Megane is great, but the biggest let-down for me is the lack of a simple OFF button. This means you manually need to turn off the A/C, fan, and temp if you don't want warm air blowing in..

I guess you can just put the temperature high enough that the A/C won't kick in? Can't remember how my Forester CC used to work.

If you put the temp higher than ambient, the heater will go on (I think) as it's climate controlled......so even worse.

So in summer if you don't want the AC on, I turn the temp down to the lowest - 15 degrees - so another annoying manual action.

• 2 months later...

Clio II - If you push the window down button once (so the window is auto opening), pushing it again stops it. i.e. you don't need to lift the button to stop the window. Such a silly little feature to notice after such a long time I know ... and it's probably common among many cars ... but I'd never noticed and it really does make it much easier to stop the window because I find lifting the button sometimes sends it off in the opposite direction.

Don't have loose coins in a 250/265 with Recaro seats. If they slide out of your pocket and down the side of the seats the gap between the seat rails and floor of the car is where you will find them. It will be wedged in this space and you can't get it out.

• 1 month later...
Don't have loose coins in a 250/265 with Recaro seats. If they slide out of your pocket and down the side of the seats the gap between the seat rails and floor of the car is where you will find them. It will be wedged in this space and you can't get it out.

I've found that the case with the 197 too and my previous car, both non Recaro's. Phones and lighters can be fished out with a pen but coins are gone for good. I find it's dependent on what my pockets are like on my pants/shorts.

I thought it was a bit weird because I did use it before. I will give it another try later today. Maybe it was because I had it in sport mode and then turned on the limiter.

And I could've sworn mine used to behave like yours... like the cruise control. Mine works whether or not I'm already in sport mode.

Speed limiter in the 265 can't be used whilst driving in sport mode. It will return the car to normal if you activate the limiter.

Never have had this issue (nearly 10months and 32,000km) with the limiter and sports mode. The car will switch back to normal mode if you select Cruise Control though.

Regards

Daniel

Speed limiter in the 265 can't be used whilst driving in sport mode. It will return the car to normal if you activate the limiter.

Never have had this issue (nearly 10months and 32,000km) with the limiter and sports mode. The car will switch back to normal mode if you select Cruise Control though.

Regards

Daniel

That is exactly what I did and afterwards flicked the switch for speed limiter which is why I thought didn't work for sport mode. Problem solved and all happy now.

Regards

Daniel

That is exactly what I did and afterwards flicked the switch for speed limiter which is why I thought didn't work for sport mode. Problem solved and all happy now.

Although, I cannot see a valid reason to inhibit cruise control and sport mode..

• 2 weeks later...

The two keys are 'personalised' in that they memorise your climate control settings and i'm guessinng a few others depending on how your car is specc'ed.

My previous car had this function and it was point out by both the salesman and in the manual. Yet to see it referred to in my Renault manual though.

The two keys are 'personalised' in that they memorise your climate control settings and i'm guessinng a few others depending on how your car is specc'ed.

My previous car had this function and it was point out by both the salesman and in the manual. Yet to see it referred to in my Renault manual though.

Now that's a good fact. Does it memorizes the mirror settings as well? I know luxuary Europeans memorizes seat and mirror settings.

Hmmm, have to give it a try, but I think it might be a 265 feature!

Now that's a good fact. Does it memorizes the mirror settings as well? I know luxuary Europeans memorizes seat and mirror settings.

Yeah, I was impressed too, I figured it out by using the second key and realising the climate control settings had defaulted back to what they were when I left the dealer; put the 'first' key back in and my climate control settings were restored.

Not sure about the mirror settings though. I don't think my previous car (1 Series BMW) did that either but maybe you needed to have electric seats (which the BMW did memorise if you had them).

• 11 months later...

Every year as it get's darker morning and evening I come up with this question (which may be a silly one) in relation to my Clio II. Is it possible (with the headlights on) to flash the high-beams intermittently (for example to signal another driver). It only appears to be possible to pull the stalk to turn them on and then pull it again to turn them off, which never works particularly well for me because of the relay delays etc.

On all my previous cars this has been a pretty standard function.

This.

Plus how to operate rear window spray

Plus how to match dual zone by pressing auto.

All stuff I have learnt at the three year ownership mark.

Thanks forumers.

Every year as it get's darker morning and evening I come up with this question (which may be a silly one) in relation to my Clio II. Is it possible (with the headlights on) to flash the high-beams intermittently (for example to signal another driver). It only appears to be possible to pull the stalk to turn them on and then pull it again to turn them off, which never works particularly well for me because of the relay delays etc.

Not possible AFAIK. Same deal with just tapping to do a single sweep of the wipers.

Not possible AFAIK. Same deal with just tapping to do a single sweep of the wipers.

If you pull the stalk to the point if resistance without going past it, the high beams flash on. Can be tricky and I have high-beamed a few unfortunate folks who I was just trying to warn about debris or animals on the road, but the "feature" is there (on a 2011 250 anyway).

Yep ... maybe the only option is to add some lights for this purpose. :drool:

3562520967_2443ba0056_z.jpg

Yes please! I could really use those on my daily commute through the possums and roos!

Really wish the high beam was activated by pushing the stalk away from the wheel, with flashing done by pulling it towards the wheel.

Funny my 2002 172 has no issues flashing high beams when head lights are on. Are you guys ok? Or am missing something here? I pull the stalk and on they come just before the main switch to high beam latches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk