Newcastle Roll Call

MJH

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well,,, Strange turn of events means that I may still be hanging around the Hunter Valley/Port Stephens area for longer than expected. We can still have our little get together but not as urgent now. lol

I hope this is a good thing/not a bad thing for you Ray.

So at this stage we have 4 for yes on the 01Dec?

How does everyone feel about a trip north/north west this time? Scone? Gloucester? Tamworth if we are really keen and want to make a big day of it?

Regards

Daniel

I think we were just gonna have a BBQ Daniel. I know it's hard not to run these cars into the ground but if I'm still in town on the 1st December it's a Saturday and I work till 2pm.

@ BLKRS250 lolllllllll

I think we were just gonna have a BBQ Daniel. I know it's hard not to run these cars into the ground but if I'm still in town on the 1st December it's a Saturday and I work till 2pm.

@ BLKRS250 lolllllllll

BBQ Saturday, drive Sunday an option?

I know all too well about driving into the ground, nearly 2 months old and I'm about to hit 10,000km! :headbang:

Regards

Daniel

1 Dec can work. You guys can meet up at my place in Charlestown if Steve wants a break from hosting. We could do a late arvo/evening BBQ if that suits Ray better.

Meeting up at park somewhere with a BBQ would be another option if we want to get some decent group photos of the Hunter cars...

Sounds good to me, i can't host a BBQ till after the pups go (around xmas), so up to Steve or Matt to provide the venue if they don't mind.

We could always go to Steve's place Sat & give him a hand with installing his new goodies into Bender, followed by the traditional food & beveridge consumption, at least then it's a RS related day & not just an excuse for a p*ss up (not that theres anything wrong with that). :lol:

Either way i'm in.

Good plan but won't be this week, I made a miscalculation with the seats and need some adaptors, didn't realize they were only side mount, I'm thinking a Friday/sat evening sh*t talking, parts fitting beverage consumption gathering is on the cards shortly though, bender will be looking flash then

If we can plan around my schedule for 1 last coffee and chat or maybe a pub dinner it would be great.

I will be heading to Albury on Tuesday with a truck of gear and coming back Wednesday night to pick up my car for the last trip up this way for a while.

So if a Saturday or Sunday afternoon coffee and chat somewhere or dinner on either night is suitable this weekend I can make it. Anywhere around Newie or the lake is fine.

Hows this Saturday arvo/evening sound ?...

Steve's place is a great venue for a BBQ if he & Leigh are ok with it, BYO food & drinks of course. Steve ?.

Matt, you finished moving mate ?.

Daniel, you & partner keen ?.

Paul, it's a long trip but there is always a bed available for you.

We could also do a final drive Sunday to Wollombi pub if keen ?.

Ray's a great part of the Newy OZRS crew so be good to see everyone there to say seeya.

Hey thats wonderful. I will be working my last shift at Suzuki till mid arvo but can be at party central by about 5 at the latest. Hows that for time?

Hey Daniel. I can stop by Glendale and meet you there if you need a guide.

I can be there at 4:30pm maybe outside ARGY Tyres?

Was a great weekend. Thanks for hosting again S.B. & L.P.

Nice little drive in the valley to finish off the Sunday run too!

• 2 weeks later...

I really hope to be in Newcastle for a visit and maybe stay a week between Christmas and New Year. If anything occurs during that time, count me in but please don't plan around me guys and gals.

Hey welcome Stu.. I will keep an eye out for you when I'm back in town now and then.

You will enjoy the fine Newie group who all get on really well.

Hey fellas, I'm gonna be home in Newcastle about Dec 23rd for a week or so.

I will keep an eye out for a gathering if possible. I'm house sitting in Beresfield for some friends.

I'm in for either day and can I suggest a foreshore cruise followed by a chat and a drink somewhere cool?

What about the place you were suggesting we have a coffee after the Bulladelah hill climb Ray?

That or maybe head Gloucester way?

I know it's a bit of a hike but if we have the day free might as well make a full day of it!

Regards

Daniel

The place Daniel is referring to is the Frothy Coffee CAFE at Smith's Lake off the Lakes Way road.

Yep, If they are open and we can do that it would be great. A run around Wootten Way and out onto the Lakes Way is nice. If Frothy Coffee is full, we can just carry on to Forster.

The 30th is no problem for me Matt.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys&gals. I will be hitting the road NORTH on Saturday (22) so I hope we are still on for an End of year gathering around the 30th?

Its so sad to get a PM from Steve11 today about his separation from the forum... :(

Steve11's departure is indeed a sad day for the forum, and one the mod & admin team hopes never to repeat.

Hi Mikee,

I got a PM from Steve as well. Very sad to here. While I'm sure you can't discuss details, has Steve been banned or has he just left the forum? Is there any chance that after some cooling off there might be some making up and letting bygones be bygones and Steve would return?

Cheers,

Trent

I won't get into the specifics, but I'll say that it escalated quickly and took us all by surprise (Steve included). I've been in semi-regular contact with him via email over the last couple of days. He says he will continue to drop by but will no longer be an active contributor to the forum.

Having been an Admin here since 2004, I can confidently say that we rarely get any issues regarding members, and I'm sure things will stay that way for while. In general, I've found members here to be fairly level headed, tolerant and able to sort matters out quickly amongst themselves without requiring our intervention.

Steve's positive contributions haven't been unnoticed by the team here (I personally wasn't aware of how active he was in the Newcastle area) so when things like this happen it is a bit of a shock to the system. If anyone has any issues they wish to raise, I'm contactable via email.

Cheers, Dish.

Hey Newies! I'm still keen for a drive, brunch, lunch or arvo coffee on the 30th if anyone is interested?

Even just a catch up at a somewhere local is fine if time is short.

Hey Newies! I'm still keen for a drive, brunch, lunch or arvo coffee on the 30th if anyone is interested?

Even just a catch up at a somewhere local is fine if time is short.

I'm still free at this stage Ray, but it's looking to be a rather busy weekend for me!

Regards

Daniel

Steve and I are still keen, prob just a catchup and chat, double points and all, don't forget to invite the central coast members wato and peza, and our northern boys speka and lost horizon, how about we meet up at Freeman's or somewhere like that, plenty of room out there???

Can someone send a message to all my phone isn't playing the game, these are the local and near locals I can think of

Busgo

Mjh

Stu

Me blkrs250

Aaron.m.k.172

Whitbomb07

Speka

Wato

Peza

Steve11

Lost_horizon

dave

mekhir

Did I forget anyone???

I can PM them and txt those I have numbers 4.

How about 2pm Sunday at Freeman's Waterhole Oak cafe??

Those who have time for a drive can go and others just have coffee and chat..