Newcastle Newbie

BUSGO

Hi folks. I bought a Clio 200 Cup Trophee in December last year and love it of course!

I moved on from a MINI Cooper S with some work and the output is pretty much the same but the Renault engine is a pearl and the roadholding much more stable but just a little less direct in the tight corners.

Great to find an OZ forum to learn and share from and with.

Cheers

Ray

Yep its a black one and of course hard to keep sparkling but wiping it down is part of the pleasure. lol. Trying to sort more pics as I learn this forum.

Thanks for the welcomes.

Ok friends. I need some help here. I have been a site admin on bike forums before and know most of the ins and outs of posting pics on a forum. However, This forum is not picture friendly and I am having trouble working it out.

I notice in other member's garage pages that they can have more than 1 pic. I have been back and forward a few times and can't find a method to edit my garage entry. How do I edit it?

Welcome to the forum Ray. I noticed in Dave200's thread that you picked your car up in Brisbane. This wouldn't be the member "snoops" on here's old car would it? I know he had the Cup spoiler on his car.

garage.php

Towards the top left there should be a link: "New Vehicle" below the menu tabs.

Cheers,

Trent

Thanks for all the welcomes etc...

I don't know if the previous owner was a member here. He never mentioned the forum when i spoke with him.

I will have another go at editing my garage.

Hey, looks like I have the car formerly owned by Snoops.

Glad to get a great car in prime condition. Just a few tiny marks on the bodywork, otherwise it's like new.

Hey, looks like I have the car formerly owned by Snoops.

Glad to get a great car in prime condition. Just a few tiny marks on the bodywork, otherwise it's like new.

That, my new friend, is called provenance. Congratulations, your car has history :)

G'day BUSGO and welcome. I'm in Newcastle too and also have a black RS (RS250). Hope to see you around...

To post pics you need to put them in an image hosting website first (eg Photobucket) and then post the img link (the picture will then be displayed when you submit the post).

Thanks MJH. I have seen 3 RS 250's around town, you probably included. 2 x black and 1 x yellow. Please come around to the Eurofest car show on Sunday at Lambton Park and have a chat.

@ Moosey, My Mini was a 2005 Cooper S, Supercharged with a 15% reduction pulley, Alta cold air intake and Alta catback exhaust. I never had it dynoed but I estimate an output of about 140kw.

I loved the car so much and was really reluctant to sell it.

The acceleration was terrific from just under 2000 rpm and all the way to redline with a wonderful scream from the engine and howl from the pipes with nice crackle on overrun.

Brakes were below par compared to the Clio and space was just too restrictive for more than 2 adults. However, the directness of the steering was unbelievable and even without anti rolls fitted it held a very flat line in corners.

I still prefer the Clio now that I have settled with it and the only thing I don't like is the black color. Still I live with it because its a beautiful car when all spick and span.

Fuel consumption on both cars is nearly identical but the run flats on the MINI made for a very rough ride compared to the Clio, even after I changed them over, the ride was still harsher and a bit skitterish over slight bumps.

car show on Sunday at Lambton Park and have a chat.

@ Moosey, My Mini was a 2005 Cooper S, Supercharged with a 15% reduction pulley, Alta cold air intake and Alta catback exhaust. I never had it dynoed but I estimate an output of about 140kw.

I loved the car so much and was really reluctant to sell it.

The acceleration was terrific from just under 2000 rpm and all the way to redline with a wonderful scream from the engine and howl from the pipes with nice crackle on overrun.

Brakes were below par compared to the Clio and space was just too restrictive for more than 2 adults. However, the directness of the steering was unbelievable and even without anti rolls fitted it held a very flat line in corners.

I still prefer the Clio now that I have settled with it and the only thing I don't like is the black color. Still I live with it because its a beautiful car when all spick and span.

Fuel consumption on both cars is nearly identical but the run flats on the MINI made for a very rough ride compared to the Clio, even after I changed them over, the ride was still harsher and a bit skitterish over slight bumps.

Thanks BUSCO. I do love my RS's but I have to say that I've always fancied an early MINI with the supercharger mods that you have done. Read plenty of good reviews about the underdrive pulley mod. Would be a bit of a weapon for sure.

Very cool Bugs... sorry to hear snoops is out, but glad it's gone to an enthusiast.

Was mint when i saw her last, so all the best as it's still looking "prime".

Cheers,

WOLF

• 2 weeks later...