Hello! Not yet a Renault owner :P

onurbmil

telling an arrogant vee dub salesman that toy*ta makes better cars is fantastic !! :rofl:

details of R5 turbo anywhere ?

Again we are forced to look at the 50 post/3 month rule for Classified adverts.

Gentlemen, take these matters offline please.

I went down to the Gold Coast (Cartwright Renault) to look at a Silver RS250 (2010 Demo). They do look nice in Silver. Understated but shows the curves very well, especially in the sun. I was dealing with David, very nice to deal with but the manager on duty was very rude (the last manger where I bought my current car was rude enough) to us - my old man stormed out before I could do anything. So I left it at that.

but the manager on duty was very rude (the last manger where I bought my current car was rude enough) to us - my old man stormed out before I could do anything. So I left it at that.

Must have been extremely offensive! :shock:

Go on, what happened?

Silver is a superb colour for the 250 and yeah, it's probably second to third rarest colour after red. I think it's going to be harder and harder to get a 250 in the colour you want without waiting patiently for one to appear or ordering off the line. I certainly noticed that when I was looking for a blue or silver one.

When I found my current car, as soon I was sure it was fine mechanically, I secured it. It was the only blue trophee for sale in NSW at the time (January). When I was looking, there was only one red cup and one red trophee in Australia for sale. I think there were about 5 - 6 silvers in Australia for sale and only one was a cup.

Good luck!

but the manager on duty was very rude (the last manger where I bought my current car was rude enough) to us - my old man stormed out before I could do anything. So I left it at that.

Must have been extremely offensive! :shock:

Go on, what happened?

I will not indulge you all with details but basically the words "you are wasting our time" (hmm yes, empty dealership for the 2h I was there) and "crazy" were said to us. All I'm going to say is these are words you keep to yourself and not to the customer. The salesman was very apologetic though.

Silver is a superb colour for the 250 and yeah, it's probably second to third rarest colour after red. I think it's going to be harder and harder to get a 250 in the colour you want without waiting patiently for one to appear or ordering off the line. I certainly noticed that when I was looking for a blue or silver one.

When I found my current car, as soon I was sure it was fine mechanically, I secured it. It was the only blue trophee for sale in NSW at the time (January). When I was looking, there was only one red cup and one red trophee in Australia for sale. I think there were about 5 - 6 silvers in Australia for sale and only one was a cup.

Good luck!

You are quite right. Red is probably the rarest, but is an acquired taste. Silver is quite rare as well, white and black seem to be the most popular colours. Blue is probably as rare as the silvers I would say - but you do notice it a bit more so its hard to say. I saw my first white in QLD today (with roof racks?).

Getting a friend to look at a white Trophee tomorrow so we shall see.

I told him it had to be below $43,888 - because there is a car in VIC that is listed at that price - the only difference was it was White in colour. I also explained there was a car in Perth going for $37,900. I told him you can get a brand new car for $3k more - and I didn't see the point in paying that much for a 2 year old car. I was very honest, explained I wasn't in a hurry to buy, and I would only consider a good deal for a demo/used (as I will be moving interstate in a few months). Probably won't consider buying brand new until I move.

We were unhappy because of the way they dealt with it. To be honest I didn't expect to get the car - as their list price was not in line with the other cars on the market (and as you know if you have a higher list price, you would expect the seller to have a higher bottom figure as well). All they needed to say was "Sorry, we can't do it around that price, but we wish you luck" - not "You are wasting our time".

Ops, I've just gone in a bit of detail... I hope this was ok to post here.

I hope this was ok to post here.

It's your thread. Possibly would have done better in the "dealers" thread, but that's your call. I won't be intervening. 8)

Wouldnt surprise me one bit about cartwright, treated my mate like a fool when he went in to look at it, we were guenuine and acted as such but it seems their upper management there are a bunch of pricks.

Try cory at bryan byrt, top bloke, sincere and loves his RS's

- Sam

Sam I would agree with you on that. I didn't get a good vibe from the upper management. That said the main Guy wasn't there. I've read the dealers thread and it seems to get good feedback - but this is mainly from services though.

I got the same treatment from a Subaru Dealer here in Newcastle when I test drove a WRX.

He assumed I was just tyre kicking and wanting a joy ride. So I just walked away and bought my beautiful Clio. lol.

• 3 weeks later...

ITS HERE!

One day late but nonetheless. The delviery guy tried to drive it up my driveway and scratched the bottom in the process. Very upset. Also I've noticed some spots in the engine - can anyone confirm if this is normal?

http://users.tpg.com.au/limoh/rs250a.jpg

http://users.tpg.com.au/limoh/rs250b.jpg