cup200

Hi all,

I just joined up on the forum in anticipation of my new clio 200 arriving (hopefully soon).

I recently sold my 1969 Porsche 911, and was in desperate need of a new car that was everyday friendly, and with a change of tyres, could take on super sprints and track days in its stride, hence the 200. I am a member of the Porsche club and did the full season of racing last year. It was slow though..69kw atw. :)

I have owned another Renault in the past, a 1966 R10!!

To say that Im excited of my new car coming, is an understatement. Im looking forward to being a part of the forum and sharing any news on the new Clio.

Thanks,

Matt

Welcome Matt! So you've ordered the 200?!

What colour/spec/options etc?

Enjoy!

Thanks Alex,

I put down a deposit on one a while ago. There isn't much info on the cars. From what Im told there is only 3 colours coming for the time-being.. black, silver and red.

I ordered the Silver with Recaro's. All cars are based on the FF with the Cup Chassis added. With a pack including Recaro's as an option.

There is also mention of the cars coming with the "anthracite" pack. I hope this is not the case on the silver car, as I actually prefer the black front and the black diffuser (on silver) anyway. If the wheels come in silver I'll get them painted black.

Im also unsure if the silver is Nimbus or Mercury.

Hopefully I will find out soon :D

Matt

oh wow, our first 200 member! Congrats!! Sounds like a nice spec you've ordered there :wink:

Hope to see you on Thursday... I for one cannot wait :D

oh wow, our first 200 member! Congrats!! Sounds like a nice spec you've ordered there :wink:

Hope to see you on Thursday... I for one cannot wait :D

I was actually told I was the first to get the 200 in the country, not sure about that one :?:

If I make it on Thursday, I'll be the one trying to steal the keys from Kubica!

Sounds good Matt, that's commitment for you, money down pre-viewing or drive, nice work!!!!.[attachment=0]renault-clio-rs-1.jpg[/attachment]

I guess it will look a little like this one. This one looks like black not anthracite though.

Thanks everyone for the welcome.

With reference to money down before seeing it etc, There isn't much else (new) for the money that suits my needs. I think I've read every article and seen every video since it came out in Europe, and Im smitten. Oddly enough I still think its not the best looking car, but you cant see it when you're driving :D

It has to be better than a slow 40 yr old car. I cant wait to get it out on the track!!

Matt

Hi Matt and welcome aboard.

There's a Renault event happening up here in Brisbane some time in the middle of the year.

....Come up!!!

Failing that, enjoy your new ride and know you have an entire forum envious. :drool:

Cheers,

WOLF-200 :wink:

Congratulation mate,

Renault Sport is the best kept secret ever, like the bastard son of a Porche father & Alfa Mother. Clio's are for kids who never grow up or mature, a real Peter Pan Car owned by everyone from 18 year olds to 60 year olds with rules to the demographic. Look forward to searching for excuses to drive it, taking the long way home becomes the norm.

Post some photo's in the garage section & members ride section when you get it.

I ended up getting to the launch in Melbourne. It was a great afternoon, highlighted by the fact a managed to snare a hot-lap with Kubica. We chatted the whole lap about various things, including him saying it was strange shifting left-handed.He was really pushing it and had a few "moments" where he came in a bit hot to a couple of corners and pushed wide to the armco with him saying woooah. It was a lot of fun and something I will remember vividly.

The car was very, very impressive, feeling like it was on semi-slicks, it had that much grip. The brakes were outstanding.

I will find out for myself on Wednesday when I get mine.

Im still not happy with the spec. I prefer the non- trophy wheels (I will swap later), don't like the anthracite and would have preferred white.

I must say the car looks much better in the flesh, a bit meaner.

Somebody went for a lap after me and a Renault guy took my picture in the car on his camera. If you are reading this I would love a copy.

Cant wait until Wednesday!!!

WELCOME Matt, i hate you :) in a good way of course....

So jelous, the little Clios are the bomb, hence why im selling the Golf....

CONGRATS with the buy... Im sure you will enjoy everything it has to offer....

Few more days and you will be driving one.... Woop, woop!!!!!

Might see you on the track, my plan is to jump in a new Clio or even a Megane 250 and undetake some more track events.... Might join you :wink: you can be my co driver ... You never know....

Once again congrats and welcome to the forum.... We are a friendly bunch

Thanks Wolf, I'll see how I go with the wheels from Renault and let you know.

FIR-26T - Get a Clio!!

I am pumped to get it on the track, Im going to Wakefield in the next few weeks to get some laps in, then a Porsche super-sprint on May 1st. Its going to be interesting learning the car after the old Porsche.

The Clio has almost double the HP and is FWD, both have lift-off oversteer and good brakes, the Clio should be way quicker. My old Porsche had the same power to weight as a Toyota Yaris.

Anyone for Wakefield in the next week or two??

Thanks Wolf, I'll see how I go with the wheels from Renault and let you know.

FIR-26T - Get a Clio!!

I am pumped to get it on the track, Im going to Wakefield in the next few weeks to get some laps in, then a Porsche super-sprint on May 1st. Its going to be interesting learning the car after the old Porsche.

The Clio has almost double the HP and is FWD, both have lift-off oversteer and good brakes, the Clio should be way quicker. My old Porsche had the same power to weight as a Toyota Yaris.

Anyone for Wakefield in the next week or two??

The Clio will demolish Wakefield.... It wont oversteer... Well i hope not...

Ill show you a thing or two with front wheel drive cars :wink: (with my limited kowledge) AS long as i get a few laps with or within the Clio :D ....

Id be keen to take the Golf out and do a time comparo with the other hot hatches ive driven....

One thing the Golf is missing in an LSD....

On the other hand the Clio has proven that it can corner hard, even without an LSD.....

Im available for a track day on;

Monday 5th,

Tuesday 6th,

Monday 12th,

Tuesday 13th,

Wednesday 14th,

Tuesday 20th,

Wednesday 21st of April

Pick a day and post up a new thread in the appropriate section....

Im still not happy with the spec. I prefer the non- trophy wheels (I will swap later), don't like the anthracite and would have preferred white.

Welcome Matt

And, I hear ya! Hope to see your car out and about in Sydney. Will look out for the plates :wink: