G'day guys...2003 172 silver in brisvegas

Homerlovesbeer

• 2 months later...

Homer,

At this rate of discovery in your bag of goodies you'd probably be in the black if you sell off all those parts!

In terms of bargains, this is second to what Brendan got for his BO 225 :P

(I came across your posts on Whirlpool, hehe)

• 1 month later...

Saw you this morning out near BNE 'bout noon. I was the guy at the stoopid roundabout (by the looks of the uniform you know the one) in the grey rolla drooling over your car (and showing the GF what I wanted to get). Impressive launch btw, bit of smoke on upshift though (could have been tyre smoke??).

Very nice looking car, and reckon it is the bargain of the century with all that gear. Tell your brother to find me another one please...

Al..

Hey Al,

Yep I remember you. I was in a hurry to get to work lol. I loved having a clean run around that rubbish roundabout and making the next set of lights and was flying by the time I exited....

Poor old traction control was struggling the whole way around it so may have been a bit of tyre smoke although it has just been remapped with RSTuner so it may be running a bit rich until the computer settles down :D

I can tell you its not used a drop of oil in 5000km though.

Sorry you had to see it so dirty...I'm embarrassed! :oops:

Still looks schmick as if that was dirty... And running rich was my first thought, but last time I said that to a bloke he nearly decked me (even after I showed him the unburnt fuel on my front bar!)

GF's mum was hoping you were her pilot - then she would have got home that much faster!!

Gonna have to post a WTD for one now.

Al..

Nice car, lots of tinkering gone on there, he must have thrashed the living hell out of it!

Second hand Renaults are a real bargain,I won’t tell anyone what I picked my old girl up for, it wouldn’t be fair.

Still looks schmick as if that was dirty... And running rich was my first thought, but last time I said that to a bloke he nearly decked me (even after I showed him the unburnt fuel on my front bar!)

GF's mum was hoping you were her pilot - then she would have got home that much faster!!

Gonna have to post a WTD for one now.

Al..

LOL thanks .......And I always fly as fast as possible unless ATC tell me to slow down :)

I noticed my fuel consumption was a bit higher than normal after RSTuner update but it seems to have settled down now....I'm averaging 6.4 L/100Km around town and to/from the airport.

Nice car, lots of tinkering gone on there, he must have thrashed the living hell out of it!

Hmmm what makes u say that? Considering the condition it's in and knowing the previous owner I'd say he's been very meticulious and babied the car, not thrashed it :)

One would think an ex rally driver that had fitted lots of high performance parts would drive a car quite hard. Why else would you upgrade everything?

Forgot to mention the previous owner is in his late 50's and hasn't rallied in over 15 years.

Some people upgrade parts as a type of hobby, u know, shop on the net going "oh that would look good or be nice, different from other clio's", not just to flog the guts out of a car.

But it is my gain :)

Thanks for the comments ClioF1....glad u like it :)

Probably somewhere in the middle... even at 50, i'll be taking as many corners as i can with some measure of enthusiasim, as would an ex rally driver-ish.

Having seen and heard the car in the flesh... sounds more than fine to me. Would be hard to think it's been thrashed to hell.

Maybe up a coast or mountain!!...but not to hell. :wink:

WOLF

Was a bit of an exaggeration, devils advocate, being cheeky.. Im sure it’s great.

I was merely employing a flipside to “look at all the awesome stuff that come on my car†I bet some of the new owners of my previous cars have said the same, oh look at this Astra, braided lines, EBC pads, H&R suspension, Exhaust and intake..Oh and it feels like it has been chipped. if only they knew how hard a life the car had had in its short time.

Like you say though, some people just like tinkering for the sake of it, I have had Japanese imports come in with $35,000 worth of aftermarket kit and not a sign of ever being used in the way one would think.

• 3 years later...