Go easy on me please as I am a complete Renault noob
Currently drive a CVT wrx sedan and previous to that hawk eye STi
Had to go the CVT as SWMBO can't drive a stick and to be honest as I progressed on in years - the self changing aspect during stop-start traffic (which has become predominantly the only time I drive) was fine by me!!
We have baby no. 2 on the way and acknowledge the WRX will be OK for 2 car seats, but we are planning on a third in the near future. The WRX will be marginally practical for 2, for 3 forget it IMO.
So my though process is:
- WRX has 6 months warranty left on it
- Can sell for approx $33k-$35k ATM
- Thinking I could get into a car that offers the same practicality or very marginally less than the WRX but just as much if not more fun for $15-$20k
- I can then put the difference in $ against my mortgage for a couple of years
- when No. 3 arrives, my wifes car will also not do, so will have to get her a bigger one and then I can decide what to do with her car and this new car
I'm not entirely convinced as generally WRXs sell easily - especially this CVT model which is P legal in VIC, so I am confident in 2-3 years I'll get $20k for it
But i barely do any kms anymore - have completed 38k in 2.5 years in the WRX and at the moment do 200kms per week at most at present - shame having all that money in a car that doesnt get used much!!
So here I am - looking at the Clio IV RS 200 - due to the auto box
Would love a megane RS but not sure how the 3 doors would go with 2 car seats + the MT and SWMBO do not mix well
in the last year - SWMBO has driven my car < 10 times so I guess we can manage to not have her drive, so I guess I need to be convinced to get back into a MT and fight traffic (while sipping my coffee hahaha how priorities have changed)
My questions and feedback requests are:
- will it fit 2 car seats comfortably? 1 rearward and 1 forward facing
- will it fit a pram in the boot?
- I realise performance won't be the same as the WRX but 6.3s 0-100 vs 6.7s isn't exactly like going from a porsche to a bicycle, would also do a couple of mods if I can buy one closer to the $15k to make it bit more oomphy
- Will i have fun in this thing? It looks like I will - but haven't driven one yet - with the rex, I enjoy throwing it into a corner (one of my fav's is the hoddle st entrance to eastern freeway, can go pedal to floor essentially and the car obeys)
- What do I need to be mindful of given my situation that I haven't considered?
- 3 doors and 2 car seats - do they mix?
- MT as a daily - is it worth the comfort trade off?
- not sure I can find one for $15k-$20k
Any info you guys can provide will be useful
I know it's blasphemy here but have also seen the pug 308 GTi 270 - think that would be practical for longer but not sure again about MT - way outside my price range as well