• Yahoo! Oz_Clio_Sport member after this site began
    • Received an invitation/card from another member
    • Received an invitation/card from a dealer/other
    • Search engine result
    • saw a reference in a magazine/publication
    • recommended by a friend
    • other (please specify below...)

:D Hello and Welcome to OzRenaultSport.com :D

Please let us know how you tracked us down, and if you have any ideas on how we can better promote the site.

Cheers, Dish.

• 3 weeks later...

G'day Dish,

I found your site after being "carded" last week in Brisbane.

The site is great - glad to be introduced.

I notice a lot of chat about sightings and thought it would be a good idea if the card doubled as a sticker promoting the site. That way not only could you tell who's "in" on the road, but you'd also be promoting it to passers by.

I normally hate the idea of defacing my vehicle with ugly stickers, but I'd be happy to have an ozrenaultsports badge on my 172 - something simple & tasteful.

Probably wouldn't be much dearer than those sexy heavy-stock matt cello cards either!

Cheers,

Mark.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, but keep it coming! Only eleven votes as I write this :( yet there are 149 members as of now!

I'm just interested to know how well the cards are working and whether we are getting good results from dealer recommendations.

Marco, please PM storms of fate for info on card and sticker availability. As for spotting another of "us", I have a card placed in the bottom corner of my windscreen (driver's side) so if anyone is about to card me, they'll know I'm already a member.

Springah, you say you bought an RCS, but was it a dealer that told you about the sites?

Cheers, Dish.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

our dealership at Ringwood was "carded" hehee....I decided to visit....unfortunately the cards disappeared one day when I wasn't looking, I'm not sure where they went.

But thanks to Dish, I've got some now, and when I sell the second handy 172 we've got here a card will go with it probably.

:D

Aus

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

one of your members joined the uk forum i moderate on and passed on the link.

i must be honest i'm not as active on here as i would like to be...only so many hours in a day...but i do like this site and browse it often.

• 1 month later...

Was on a Ford Forum - speaking to a guy called Lincoln. Owned a ST170.... and a Pug 306 GTi before that I believe. He was on the Aus Frogs website, and refered me to that. I then got given this website... and began posting here. Heaps of posts later, I bought a RSC. It was all this site's fault too! All the bias comments towards the 182 Cup let me from a 172 to a 182 Cup too.... Thanks guys!

our dealership at Ringwood was "carded" hehee....I decided to visit....unfortunately the cards disappeared one day when I wasn't looking, I'm not sure where they went.

But thanks to Dish, I've got some now, and when I sell the second handy 172 we've got here a card will go with it probably.

:D

Aus

rofl yeah that was me! I donated a third of my cards to the dealership in the hope that they'd be given out... I wondered if any of those cards would make it to the customers!

Scott.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi guys,

I heard of this site from the rick damelian dealer. I live in qld, saw the car on the net... had to have. I am (on monday) the proud owner of an 03 renault clio sport in the midnight blue.

I have not yet been able to register as my account has not yet been activated... but i am looking forward to being part of this forum as I am planning on modding up my lil clio (the only mods that count)... performance ofcourse. Just want to join and to find out from you guys what works, where to go etc... will keep you posted.

Oh and Deb... please activate my account... please.

oh and my email is j2.marks@student.qut.edu.au if that helps.

• 1 year later...

I bought my megane second hand from a Ford Dealer :oops: Cheap I thought. Then i got my confidence up in the car and disided to track it. Spoke to some ppl at mercots driver training and a guy there recomended me. Much better site than the ozy frogs :wink:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Thanks punchy!

Only 97 votes - if you haven't voted, please do so folks! It would help us get some stats for... well, I dunno, but stats are fun :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

More than 2 years I have been a RenaultSport owner and I had no idea about the existence of this forum.

I got 'carded' by a friendly guy from the XR5Turbo forum and hung out there for a while, but Fords are not Renaults and their concerns were not mine. 8)

So how did I end up here. I was looking around in YouTube at car videos and that took me on a tangent to a forum (dunno which one) that made reference to this one. It was a convoluted pathway!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I thought It was high time I answered this.

I was a Ford Forum member with a 2005 Fiesta Zetec, I'd been looking round for my next car for some time and looked at Polo GTi's, Focus XR5's, Golf GTi's, etc until some other crazed Fiesta Driver (can't remember who :dance: , but he's the one who put me onto OZRS :P :P) bought a 182 Cup and would not allow me to forget it in my search for a new car, so I test drove the 182 Cup on his recommendation thinking I wouldn't like it, and the rest is history really..

Been a member here for near 5 or 6 years now, and still driving a RenaultSport :D

• 2 weeks later...

I was pointed here by a friend who's an avid member of AusAlfa... Apparently you guys and the Alfa peeps often do joint cruises? Anyway his username is AGM155 if anyone knows him, owns a Red 166 with a Zenda bodykit.

Back when I was tossing up between the Giulietta QV and the Megane RS250 (guess which one won?), he said to come on here and have a look around. He couldn't stop praising the people on here as really fun and nice people. So naturally, I wanted in too :D