Renault Sport - Servicing Questions

Lemon

I have a Renault Sports Clio IV. I have a few questions just from curiosity.

1) Let’s say my service is due at 50,000KM but due to work and money I get my car serviced late. Is this okay? How late is okay? Is there a threshold of KM I have to be late? Would within 1000KM late be still okay? Please share knowledge and experiences.

2) Anyone ever have any warranty problems due to late service? I assume it should be fine as not everyone will be exactly on time?

Edited by Lemon

If it's not too far out it's fine, say a couple of weeks, but it sounds like you're like me and things can get in the way. That's why I get mine done earlier and then if I'm late - I'm on time.

It also probably depends on the km you've done between intervals. If you're close to the 10000km mark I'd be more worried, but if you've only done 5000km it's not so much of a big deal.

On 06/04/2019 at 8:28 AM, chuckovski said:

If it's not too far out it's fine, say a couple of weeks, but it sounds like you're like me and things can get in the way. That's why I get mine done earlier and then if I'm late - I'm on time.

It also probably depends on the km you've done between intervals. If you're close to the 10000km mark I'd be more worried, but if you've only done 5000km it's not so much of a big deal.

My service is due now, service light is on. I have not ever missed a service.

But I am going to be late for service say: best case 500KM late and worse case 1000KM late. That should be fine right?

30 minutes ago, Lemon said:

But I am going to be late for service say: best case 500KM late and worse case 1000KM late. That should be fine right?

The car's not going to explode if you exceed the recommended servicing schedule. But future potential buyers might get put off if you're way out. A few weeks, a month, a thousand KM or so, I don't think anyone will care. Your call!

• Like 1

If it's an anomaly no issues. Warranty claims being denied for that would be far and few between.