Updated Forum Skin Feedback

slav888

Hi gang,

Not sure if theres already a post about this (i did look but couldn't see anything?)  but just two things about the new site from me:

- Can we please increase the font size across the board, maybe its the color scheme but everything looks smaller and is hard to read? 

- Can we make the difference between threads that have new/unread items and those that dont a little more obvious. The bold yellow text looks very similar to the unbolded version. 

Happy to discuss! 

7 minutes ago, slav888 said:

Hi gang,

Not sure if theres already a post about this (i did look but couldn't see anything?)  but just two things about the new site from me:

- Can we please increase the font size across the board, maybe its the color scheme but everything looks smaller and is hard to read? 

- Can we make the difference between threads that have new/unread items and those that dont a little more obvious. The bold yellow text looks very similar to the unbolded version. 

Happy to discuss! 

Don't know why it was changed in the first place - nothing wrong with the previuos version.

Now, with the wild colours I need my shades when I visit the site!!!😎

The poster's profile/signature is not a fixed width.  One with a lot of content (like mine) takes up the majority of the page width, leaving only a narrow band for the actual post.

21 hours ago, stromlo said:

Is there any way to change it to white with black text as before. I find the current dark skin quite uncomfortable to view...

Totally agree with the above. White text on black background is a no-no with respect to website accessibility, at least in my experience with website development some years ago........

Also, the background colour could be changed on the previous site, as stromlo asks, can it also be done on this site?

• Like 1

On 22/03/2019 at 9:27 PM, roblee8g said:

The poster's profile/signature is not a fixed width.  One with a lot of content (like mine) takes up the majority of the page width, leaving only a narrow band for the actual post.

Are you referring to the stuff under your username where your location, posts # etc is shown? That should be a fixed with (it is for me anyway, both mobile & PC)

On 22/03/2019 at 7:31 PM, stromlo said:

Is there any way to change it to white with black text as before. I find the current dark skin quite uncomfortable to view...

The latest upgrade to 4.4.1 of IPS really stuffed us around with our skin. We've managed to make it work again but I've noticed there are still a few bugs. 

That being said, if you scroll to the very bottom of a page you should have a 'Theme' drop down where you can change themes.

DO NOT use 'Front Default' or 'Deflection 4.3' as they're broken. The 'Default' theme is a light coloured theme but has little to no customisation on it.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DanielG said:

DO NOT use 'Front Default' or 'Deflection 4.3' as they're broken. The 'Default' theme is a light coloured theme but has little to no customisation on it.

OK I tried that and changed theme to 'default', and it's gone back to white background - thanks!

Daniel, In your reply to my post, your profile took up 3/4 of the width of the page (on my PC).  That wasn't the case prior to the skin update. The actual message was limited to 50 characters width. See screen dump attached.

OzRS screen dump.jpg

12 minutes ago, roblee8g said:

Daniel, In your reply to my post, your profile took up 3/4 of the width of the page (on my PC).  That wasn't the case prior to the skin update. The actual message was limited to 50 characters width. See screen dump attached.

Rob, thanks for that.

Can you let me know which browser you're using? May help as fault find. It is a weird one though as it's fine on all 3 browsers I have (Chrome, Firefox & Edge).

Regardless, there is a new update available from IPS (4.4.2) that fixes the issue with the html code showing in the the profile, so that will help significantly. 

8 minutes ago, DanielG said:

Rob, thanks for that.

Can you let me know which browser you're using? May help as fault find. It is a weird one though as it's fine on all 3 browsers I have (Chrome, Firefox & Edge).

Regardless, there is a new update available from IPS (4.4.2) that fixes the issue with the html code showing in the the profile, so that will help significantly. 

Daniel, I'm using Explorer most of the time, but I can use Chrome as well, as it is the preferred browser for Uni.

Hi all,

some work over the weekend should have resolved the issues of the formatting of the avatar and user info.

I have requested form the IT support that the light default skin is updated with new logo etc so people can nominate the light theme if they prefer it. :) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Our IT support has looked through the list of items in this thread and most issues have been resolved. Please check for your particular issue, and revert if any further comment.

Thanks, Paul