Advice Please :)

Jackson

Hello,

I've just purchased a 275 cup. Have not picked it up yet.

275 cup - http://metrousedcars.com.au/c20861-554098-renault-megane-2016.html

I cannot find any information about 275 cups. only trophy's and cup-s. 
With the silver tip exhaust, does this mean I won't get the crackles and pops?

Thanks. 

The cup s was a uk market only model. Basically a blank slate to which you could option Recaros, akra exhaust and ohlins dampers according to budget and needs. 

Our 275 Cup  was available just for 2016, was specified the same as the 265 cup from 2014-15. 18 inch tibors, cloth renault sport seats, standard exhaust. 

So no you don't have an akrapovic Titanium exhaust, but a resonator delete will provide pops if need be. 

• Like 1

I will say, there is an anomaly in all of this. 

And that is, that Renault tried to claim the power bump from 265 to 275 was partly due to the Akra exhaust as fitted to the 275 trophy/cup premium. 

Then they released a 275 Cup with the standard exhaust, which kinda debunks that theory. 

• Like 1

Besides the fact of the no exhaust the car still ticks all of my boxes. 
So your guess is, it will sound like any regular 2ltr turbo car?

Like i said, i can find little information about this particular "275 cup"
any other things i should be aware of?

Thanks for the help, appreciated :) 

Edited by Jackson

@chuckovski
Will do.  Even if it was an ex-rental, usually those companies get cars serviced on the dot and people tend to drive rental cars safely perhaps? 
Or, if it were a rental but still serviced at a reputable mechanic, would that be considered safe? 

Also 2 more years of factory warranty should be a good safety net, if it is ex rental? 

Thanks alot for your help, really appreciated!

Edited by Jackson

thanks! @Jall

1 more question if anyone knows,

the dealer says the car comes with 5 years factory warranty from build (2016) from renault, aka warranty untill 2021.
However on the warranty website  https://www.renault.com.au/ownership/warranty says megane only has when purchased in 2018.

does this mean they changed their policy from 5 years to 3 years in 2018, however this car would still be under warranty, or the dealer just doesn't know what their talking about?

[mention=20049]chuckovski[/mention]

Will do.  Even if it was an ex-rental, usually those companies get cars serviced on the dot and people tend to drive rental cars safely perhaps? 

Or, if it were a rental but still serviced at a reputable mechanic, would that be considered safe? 

Also 2 more years of factory warranty should be a good safety net, if it is ex rental? 

Thanks alot for your help, really appreciated!

Look it's probably not a big deal, but knowing how I treat rental/company cars I wouldn't want me driving an ex rental car I owned. If that makes any sense.

Having said that every rental and company car I've driven have been naturally aspirated. If I had a turbo I would certainly do a few things differently. But would others? Would they flog it from cold? I don't know but probably. Would a private owner? Maybe, but less likely.

In the end my 265 was a demo, and it was flawless.

The engine, if looked after, is bullet proof. Warranty would probably cover you though if you're worried.

You could ask the dealer too, but I don't know if they have to disclose who owned the car previously.

If the deal was really good then you're not missing out IMHO.

Also just make sure you treat it really well and get it serviced by a good mechanic and you'll be right. Then, enjoy!