Clio Sport and RS

Onrus

11 minutes ago, Onrus said:

Hi. I’m new to the world of Renault and I’m very interested in buying a Clio Sport or RS and have read that there is a issue with the gearbox,  I’ve read that the gears grate between 3rd and 4th. Is this something to be worried about? 

Which model are you talking about??

In my experience, gratty gear changes are caused by the person holding the gearstick!!!

• Like 1

I’ve read that in the RS 200 models the synchros wear and the causes a problem between 3rd and 4th gear. I’ve never driven a Clio, I’m only asking because I have read this on a few forums. 
You'll also have to narrow it down to the Clio III 200 (manual) and the Clio IV 200 (Auto, EDC).

If it's the IV I've got one and I have no issues at all. The problems people have reported are the dual clutch-ness (read: DSG crap) which again I've never had. I'm coming up to 90000km as the second owner.

If it's the III then sorry can't comment!

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Which model are you talking about??

In my experience, gratty gear changes are caused by the person holding the gearstick!!!

This is a reported issue by some on the Clio 3 models (197, various 200 Cup/Gordini etc. But when I researched this, I discovered it was more an issue in RHD markets. Why? Well, the gearshift plain is designed for LHD. Makes sense, I guess. It means that when you drive, you need to bear that in mind and guide the shift as you would if sitting on the left. Julian at Renotech mentioned the same thing. Oh, and a gearbox oil change doesn’t hurt.