Traded in my Fiesta ST for a Clio RS Cup

Freakazaa

Nice!
Looks like you got the cup premium.
Whilst I've never driven a Fist I'd imagine you'll have only a little less fun. I've still got my Clio sport but I just got a Focus RS LE, so I'm kind of going in the reverse direction!
Hopefully the cup suspension will be fine but I found the sport suspension a bit too soft.

Good choice there - you are likely to have received a better trade on on the FiST than you would likely get trading the wife... 😜

Welcome to the forum btw and enjoy the new ride

2 hours ago, chuckovski said:

Nice!
Looks like you got the cup premium.
Whilst I've never driven a Fist I'd imagine you'll have only a little less fun. I've still got my Clio sport but I just got a Focus RS LE, so I'm kind of going in the reverse direction!
Hopefully the cup suspension will be fine but I found the sport suspension a bit too soft.

The ride's mostly similar to the FiST from the drive I've had so far, sorta harsh but livable. Fun little car so far though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, No152 said:

Good choice there - you are likely to have received a better trade on on the FiST than you would likely get trading the wife... 😜

Welcome to the forum btw and enjoy the new ride

No doubt! Enjoying the ride so far, hope the honeymoon period lasts longer than with the wife 😝

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, stromlo said:

The one thing to hook up via ebay (or from a member here who makes em) is a OEM look deadpedal that slots into the footwell like Renault intended - costs about $50 :)

Something like this? https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F152644491786

1 minute ago, Freakazaa said:

Any cons? Like droning at highway speeds? 

That's the one! Just decide if you want the velcro or nut/bolt version. I have the verco one - perfect.

No droning on the prior question either. At highway speed you can't pick a difference, but giving it beans you most certainly can. Plus pops and cracks in Sports mode too :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2018 at 9:21 PM, stromlo said:

Nice work mate - now get the centre resonator chopped out for $100 and unleash noise equivalent to a catback :)

Dropped my car off at the shop to get the center resonator removed came back within the hour and the mechanic said that he didn't notice any difference, I'll be honest I was a bit bummed until I started the car up! GEEEZZZZ the car sounds like I had fitted a whole new exhaust system, so happy with the sound it makes now downshifting in low gears!!!!!! HIGHLY recommended and cheap mod

• Like 1